Anderson Silva=Yves Edwards

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Anderson Silva=Yves Edwards
skatenate
5/20/08 6:45:05AM
i just watched an old Yves Edwards HL video, and its amazing how much he reminds me of Anderson SIlva, not just his build but also his style of fighting its ridiculously similar to Silva's.

i advise you to watch this vid, and you'll think 'this guy looks like a spider'

LINK
IriShame
5/20/08 12:02:41PM
He is very similar in both build and style. The only difference is you can beat Yves without kryptonite.
Twenty20Dollars
5/20/08 12:45:42PM
i've only watched him fight twice. first time he was in a very bloody fight with joe stevenson where yves just got beat down.

and then the second time was in eliteXC where he threw that crazy flying knee when the other guy has his other leg. that was crazy.
Im hoping i see that yves edwards vs kj noons.
DCRage
5/20/08 1:05:05PM

Posted by IriShame

He is very similar in both build and style. The only difference is you can beat Yves without kryptonite.

That and the one other difference I see-Edwards is one of the busiest, if not the busiest, fighter in MMA these days. It seems that if there's a non-major promotion (indies or anyone besides EXC affiliates) running an event every couple weeks, he's rumored to be fighting on it, at least when I check cards.
king_katool
5/20/08 2:32:23PM
yes good comparison but the major dif i found was yves throws ALOT of shots that dont land, the real spider conects alot more of his strikes
prozacnation1978
5/20/08 11:07:30PM
edwards is the shit!!! human highlight reel!!!
he won like 6 ufc fights in a row, i don't know why the ufc let him go, or if he left, but i am glad he is back to form in elite xc, i hope he knocks out kj noons