Anderson Silva wants to fight Georges St. Pierre, says he is "the best in the World"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Anderson Silva wants to fight Georges St. Pierre, says he is "the best in the World"
FastKnockout
4/12/11 5:22:18PM
Ron Kruck of HDNet catches up with UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson "The Spider" Silva during the grand opening of the Blackhouse gym in San Diego, California. Silva dicusses the facility, as well as the various teams who come together as one big "family." Silva says he is happy with his win over Vitor Belfort, but says he is focused only on preparing for the future. He also talks about the potential "superfight" with Georges St. Pierre, who he considers one of the best fighters in the world.

This past February Silva extended his UFC record for most consecutive title defenses to eight by knocking out Belfort in the opening round of their UFC 126 match-up. Who the consensus pound for pound king will face next is unclear, however should St. Pierre emerge victorious from his April 30th bout with Jake Shields, UFC President Dana White has stated that a "superfight" between the champs would be the likely scenario. Photo by: Francis Specker

LINK
Jedi_Jump_High
4/12/11 6:16:03PM
Thanks for spreading this news, however, every time I read a new story on the Silva v GSP fight, just adds more speculation. Even if GSP, Silva, AND Dana all said they agree to fight, I would not believe it until I see the date of the fight or what card it's planned to be on. With that being said, it would be great to see this go down, I'm not the biggest Silva or GSP fan, but I would love to see them fight.

On one side is the Silva fans who say he will KO GSP with ease and on the other side is the GSP fans who say GSP will take down Silva a la Sonnen and win.

Honestly, I think Silva would win but any outcome wouldn't concern me, just hope the fight happens so we can all end this whole speculation of who would win.
JimiMak
4/12/11 6:33:01PM
I hope Andersen just moves up and ends all of this silliness. Even if GSP moved up he has never fought at 185. He would need to earn a title shot and I doubt he would do that. There's nothing super about a fight between the guy who smokes MW's to the point we all want him to move up in weight vs a WW just because he is dominant @ WW. GSP has always refused to move up because he would be middle of the pack and he knows it. The fight has been there for him if he wants it (as evidenced by interviews such as this one) He knows better. He talks about proper time to move up but has been saying that for more than proper enough time. And if he needs to properly move up and not just do it (which so many seem to think he could) why wouldn't he then need to prove he deserves a MW title shot? I don't know why anyone would assume he would do to Vitor, Sonnen, Okami, Nate what he has done to the WW's he has faced. For all of the complaining that we always see on the boards about ppl like Randy and BJ supposedly not deserving title shots when they've at least shown themselves to be towards the tops of their respective divisions we seem to get just as much complaining that GSP isn't jumping heads to a title shot he's done nothing to show he deserves.-
TeamDEY
4/12/11 7:06:03PM
GSP would get beat if he fought Anderson for his first middle weight fight. They honestly need to fight at a catch weight or Silva needs to move up. Finally when the time comes for MAYBE a chance of Silva vs GSP no one cares nearly as much because now everyone would rather see Silva vs Jones (I know I would).
tallica62
4/12/11 7:43:31PM
at first I was leaning GSP,but now Silva...GSP's lack of finishing power makes me wonder
warglory
4/12/11 8:31:18PM

Posted by tallica62

at first I was leaning GSP,but now Silva...GSP's lack of finishing power makes me wonder

GSP has finished plenty of fights, but what does that matter? Sonnen isn't known as a finisher, but he dominated Silva for the entire fight until the last minute.
Sir_Karl
4/12/11 9:26:03PM
I am thinking that the Spider is afraid of Jon Jones.
Chael_Sonnen
4/12/11 10:12:13PM
Blah, blah, blah, never heard this before......GSP by TKO--3rd rd.
icantthinkofanything
4/12/11 10:27:50PM
Nog said Silva is moving up to 205
, this must be a last ditch effort to entice GSP into the fight,

meanwhile everyone would rather see Silva vs Jon Jones, because Silva looks normal as a lhw, at mw hes kinda skinny, whereas Silva is alot bigger than GSP. Silva must not wanna move up, without fighting GSP, but I dont think GSP will fight at MW, 185 always has some monsters, and GSP prolly wants to defend ww belt more times
Gladiator
4/12/11 11:32:50PM

Posted by Jedi_Jump_High

On one side is the Silva fans who say he will KO GSP with ease and on the other side is the GSP fans who say GSP will take down Silva a la Sonnen and win.

Honestly, I think Silva would win but any outcome wouldn't concern me, just hope the fight happens so we can all end this whole speculation of who would win.

Im a huge GSP fan and i will be the first to say that Anderson wins this fight via KO. Im much more interested in a A Silva vs Jon Jones matchup, or against any LHW contender.
DeadHead988
4/13/11 1:52:34AM
If GSP won't fight Anderson there's still a far greater challenger: just look at the avatar, bitches!
jgtribbett
4/13/11 3:27:04AM
Just my opinion, but, Jones could beat anderson silva and I'll bet real money that GSP does.

and I have to agree that I think Sonnen beat A. Silva in the second fight.