Anderson Silva Wants To Box Roy Jones Jr.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Anderson Silva Wants To Box Roy Jones Jr.
komodo20
3/11/08 7:44:43PM
“Anderson really would love to fight Roy Jones, Jr. in a boxing match,” says his manager, Ed Soares, confirming recent speculation. “It’s not just talk, we really would like to put that fight together.”

“We respect Jones’ boxing ability and think he’s one of the best,” said Soares, “but we’re tired of different boxers saying that MMA fighters aren’t technical. Anderson would love to fight Roy Jones in a boxing match under boxing rules to prove that MMA fighters are technical, too.”

who do you think would win if this boxing match happen
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/11/08 7:56:11PM
http://www.mmaplayground.com/forums/topic16482-1.html
cspecial
3/11/08 8:09:52PM
wow, i don't know about that. i think roy jones is a hell of a fighter but i dont think he's used to getting the type of hits that silva can throw. at the same time i don't think silva's nearly as technical as Jones Jr. is.... wow, hell of a thing that is... hey, afterwards you think roy jones would fight him in an MMA match? LOL HELL NO!! he'd rather go after his rapping career then get submitted.... or actually... he wouldn't get submitted. he'd get GNP'd till he died. hahahaha
Violence108
3/11/08 8:25:55PM
i would look to see Roy Jones Jr vs Anderson Silva in a boxing match
i think that Jones Jr would win do too his boxing ablitly and power, but i would not count Silva out he has some good power too but i think he would leave himself open for some shots. i think that the UFC should pu on this fight on a ppv card , there is no one esle to fight Silva, i watch it
d_block07
3/11/08 10:48:42PM
im sorry to say that Roy JOnes would KO SIlva all to quickly. There two different sports altogether boxing and boxing for mma are too different. this would be terrible for the sport and have all the boxing fans and mma haters going off. kinda like the ginats fans and winning the superbowl...too stubborn

then agian if silva won itd be good for the sport but like i said.. he wont. roy jones in boxing spider in mma/muay thai.anything but boxing
mrliquid
3/12/08 9:55:59AM
He wouldnt win in a straight ruled boxing match Jones is way to fast and skilled Silva is a great striker but not a boxer.
gsquat
3/12/08 11:21:57AM
I don't pretend to know whats going to happen, but if Anderson could focus all his skills and attention to his punches, he might surprise some people.
whardin19
3/12/08 3:18:14PM
I've said this on a few other posts already. Theres no chance he'd be Roy Jones Jr. so I don't see this happening. He would get owned.