Anderson Silva solidifying a legacy

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Anderson Silva solidifying a legacy
SmileR
7/17/08 10:26:48AM
Anderson Silva attempts to solidify his growing legacy this Saturday at UFC Fight Night 14 in Las Vegas.

Since his arrival in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, Silva has catapulted from relative obscurity to the No. 1 middleweight fighter in the world and is widely acclaimed as the best pound-for-pound fighter in the sport. His quest for greatness brings him to the light heavyweight class where his adversary will be knockout striker James "The Sandman" Irvin.

The precision striking Silva bids for a successful entry in a third weight class. He began his career at welterweight, where he honed his skills as a talented young fighter. He came to the attention of MMA fans worldwide when he shocked Hayato “Mach” Sakurai to claim the Shooto 167-pound title and handed the Japanese legend his first professional loss. This gave people a glimpse of the immense talent that Silva possessed.

His career really took off when he moved up a division to the middleweight class. He excelled in the division with wins over the top middleweights in the world en route to the UFC title. With dominating victories over opponents such as Dan Henderson, Nate Marquardt, and two destructive performances over former champion Rich Franklin, Silva ascended to the top of the division.

Link

EDIT: is that any better?
Rush
7/17/08 10:39:58AM
I can't hit your link because of your accolades bar weird
SmileR
7/17/08 10:45:10AM

Posted by Rush

As a mod I demand you fix this!!!!
candynuts
7/17/08 10:46:24AM

Posted by Rush

Hah, same here. I remember a thread started by Smile a couple days ago and this happened to me as well.
Rush
7/17/08 11:02:54AM

Posted by SmileR

Link

EDIT: is that any better?

I was feeling like Darth Vader for a second and almost hit the ban button (aka force choke) for your incompetence. lol
Rush
7/17/08 11:05:19AM
It's funny how White (at first) seemed uninterested in Silva being a champion, now he is bending all the "rules" for him. lol funny how things change.