Anderson Silva vs Sagat

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Anderson Silva vs Sagat
FireballKid
8/18/10 4:14:21PM
This is no contest. Sagat would beat the **** out of Anderson Silva. Just a quick "Tiger Knee" and Silva would be on the floor. Sagat is the "Emperor of Muay Thai". He would break Silva in half. What do you think?

sparky
8/18/10 4:44:38PM
I agree Sagat takes this one easily
BlueSkiesBurn
8/18/10 5:28:46PM
Adon takes them both out with a Jaguar kick. He already beat Sagat for the title of God of Muay Thai, anyhow.

FireballKid
8/18/10 8:24:21PM
What about Akuma?

Shankunetsu Hadoken and he wipes them all out.
Pookie
8/23/10 3:49:30AM
Anderson Silva loses to Sagat much the same way he'd lose to shogun, if shogun was 6'5". He'd break Andersons unorthodox style with pressure and technique, landing crushing leg kicks on the outside.

Anderson does have a good style to fight Akuma though. He's a demon everywhere the fight takes place, but Akuma has a glass jaw. His health bar is half the size as everybody else.

Adon gets tapped because all the best Muay Thai fighters lose by leg locks in their first MMA fight.
Pookie
8/23/10 4:01:44AM
I think the Street fighter characters would cross-over to mma pretty well in comparison to their forever rival, Mortal Kombat characters.

Mortal Kombat has no real well rounded fighters. They're all virtuoso's of Kung Fu or Ninjitsu masters with the occasional 4-limbed bad guy. Great at one style, but not well rounded enough to elicit any real momentum towards the tops of the division.

Ryu would do way better than Lui Kang at 155.
MMA-San
9/2/10 1:04:10PM
Dude Sub-Zero would just Freeze Shigun and shatter him.
mrsmiley
9/2/10 3:02:42PM

Posted by Pookie

I think the Street fighter characters would cross-over to mma pretty well in comparison to their forever rival, Mortal Kombat characters.

Mortal Kombat has no real well rounded fighters. They're all virtuoso's of Kung Fu or Ninjitsu masters with the occasional 4-limbed bad guy. Great at one style, but not well rounded enough to elicit any real momentum towards the tops of the division.

Ryu would do way better than Lui Kang at 155.

I don't know.
The MK guys have weapon styles now. I'm sure that would throw off the SF's guys game plans.

Is this going to happen state side or in Japan?
Weapon styles are only allowed in Japan like knees.
BlueSkiesBurn
9/2/10 3:05:09PM

Posted by mrsmiley

I don't know.
The MK guys have weapon styles now. I'm sure that would throw off the SF's guys game plans.

A fireball isn't a weapon?
gartface
9/3/10 12:09:33PM
I think Sagat being around 7' tall wouldn't bode well for Anderson. I think Sagat takes it first round with a tiger knee.
mrsmiley
9/3/10 2:30:19PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by mrsmiley

I don't know.

A fireball isn't a weapon?

I think under the rules it's listed as "Projectile".
But the rules are so screwy over these matters.
Pookie
9/8/10 8:03:34PM
For every fireball there is a Hadouken, and for every Bicycle Kick a Shoryuken Uppercut.

In metaphorical battle, the weapons and projectiles dont matter as much as the skill of the fighters themselves. If Anderson Silva was fighting in the street fighter world, he'd no doubt have some sort of projectile himself, evidenced by the tekken v. streetfighter game where tekken characters crossed into that world and picked up projectile attacks.