Anderson Silva v Rich Franklin 3

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Anderson Silva v Rich Franklin 3
hails
3/7/08 9:14:02PM
I noticed that Anderson Silva and Rich have a thing for each other.

Watch the start of their second battle. They were all over each other at the start of the match.

Then at the end of Silva v Henderson Silva said his toughest battles have been with Rich Franklin. Why say this!!!

My prediction is that Rich will win his next fight and they will set up Silva v Franklin 3.

IMO I couldn't care less about this match up, Silva raped him twice!!!

I know everyone is interested in who Silva will fight next, their is no one!!!

Nate is a joke and Silva should not have to go up or down, people have to come and take the belt from him!!!

juanez13
3/7/08 9:32:06PM
Okami.
Cladrix
3/7/08 10:23:51PM

Posted by juanez13

Okami.

Pookie
3/7/08 10:26:47PM

Posted by Cladrix

Posted by juanez13

Okami.

Rush
3/7/08 11:10:08PM
I don't think there is any reason to rush this fight.
emfleek
3/7/08 11:19:15PM
Franklin was owned twice.

There should be no rubber match when one fighter is 2-0 against the other.

My .02
DevonFoxy
3/7/08 11:29:30PM
Not quite sure why this is a topic.
Theres only one question in which you have to ask yourself when you think about this match up.

What has changed?.........The answer:Nothing
So the outcome:Nothing changes.

Okami is the only logical move before a rematch with Henderson and then (assuming he prevails) with Dana having no more challengers Almeida or Paulo perhaps.
NatedawgThaM
3/8/08 12:05:54AM
Anderson Silva raped him twice. Anderson has nothing to prove and Rich proved to me he's overrated. So unless Rich rapes the rest of the division like Anderson literally did then there is no way they will have a 3rd fight. And there's no way he will do that because he has a weak chin IMO and strikers would maul him like Silva did. The crow didn't because he wasn't aggressive but when Tanner was aggressive he even dropped him.

BTW, he didn't say he was his toughest test. Svartorm, one of the MODs, pointed that out. It was in Rich's home town and he said something else to compliment him. "Dan was tough, but I've fought Rich Franklin."
JunCTion
3/8/08 1:03:12AM
okami
then someone has to move up or down so we can see
spider / rush
Kpro
3/8/08 1:06:23AM
Spider vs. Rush is years away at best; its really not worth any consideration.

GSP hasn't even defended the belt at WW, let alone take on the man dominating a weight class 15 pounds higher.

Baby steps.
Ordep
3/8/08 1:44:23AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Cladrix

Posted by juanez13

Okami.

Titan
3/8/08 2:01:18AM
I think they either need to bring someone from outside or have hendo and franklin duke it out then the winner of that deserves another shot because that fight would be epic then the ufc could market a rematch well enough
skatenate
3/8/08 2:17:17AM
silvaas has destroyed the whole division so far, let alone rich franklin. and i think he wil continue to for a very long time, but atm i must agree that yushin okami is the only fighter i think, to even come close to silva
ufcboss
3/8/08 2:52:04AM
One day.......There is no need to rush this as already pointed out, But if it happens it happens.

I dont know why people think he should move weight class, He wont dominate forever, A few years maybe but not forever.

I want to see A.Silva defend as many times as possible, Somebody will beat him. I am picking Silva over Okami, But thats a close fight IMO, The best way to beat him is with GnP, Okami will be training hard to beat him, HARD.
mrliquid
3/8/08 8:32:25AM
Okami is the only smart choice at this point he is a big guy with pretty good stand up and great GNP. Rich won't get a shot anytime soon if ever he would have to get some major impressive wins before Dana even considered another shot at Silva I personally would like to see Almeida get a shot after a few more wins but I don't think GSP will ever fight Silva aslong as he is dominating the division he has no reason to move down.
saemskin
3/8/08 11:48:35AM
what the hell was Silva talking about when he beat Hendo and he said something about Rich Franklin being the true champion? He was talking ALOT and I think too much for the interpreter to handle all at once.

Maybe Rich should train with him. Improve on his clinch game.

Going more into that, what is it when someone who is skilled grabs the back of your head? I just watched the Shogun Rampage fight and he did the same things. He grabbed him and ended up breaking a rib or two and Rampage couldnt or wouldnt get out of his clinch? Is the only defense against that grabbing them too and just kneeing back until the clinch gets broken?
mrkennedy
3/8/08 2:27:59PM
silva vs franklin

PLEASE NOT ONE MORE TIME
the_01
3/8/08 4:03:43PM
Even Okami is no match for Silva, the guy is too good.
The only person I think that can beat Silva at the moment is Randy Coutour (far fetched). The guy is tooooo good.
Otherwise, hes gonna run over every opponent, atleast until the end of the year.
ncordless
3/8/08 4:12:03PM

Posted by Ordep

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Cladrix

Posted by juanez13

Okami.

Aaronno9
3/8/08 6:52:05PM
The only was id even want to see this match is if rich changed camps. I understand why he stays with team gurgel, being that him and gorge are really close and its local to him, but the only top fighters that train there, imo, are rich, gorge, Dustin Hazelett and Marcus Davies. Im not going to suggest where rich should train becouse theres so many good options for him out there, but if he wants to beat anderson hes going to need to work on his wrestling alot, so i think aka or jacksons camps would be good choices. Mabey quest, i dunno theres to many options, but i definatly think he should change it up soon.
papercut
3/8/08 7:39:01PM

Posted by Aaronno9

The only was id even want to see this match is if rich changed camps. I understand why he stays with team gurgel, being that him and gorge are really close and its local to him, but the only top fighters that train there, imo, are rich, gorge, Dustin Hazelett and Marcus Davies. Im not going to suggest where rich should train becouse theres so many good options for him out there, but if he wants to beat anderson hes going to need to work on his wrestling alot, so i think aka or jacksons camps would be good choices. Mabey quest, i dunno theres to many options, but i definatly think he should change it up soon.

I don't see him beating silva staying with that camp he needs to upgrade nothing against that camp but he needs to train with the best otherwise hes gonna have to move up or down in weight to even think about holding a title again