Anderson Silva reveals he once almost killed his trainer

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Anderson Silva reveals he once almost killed his trainer
kopower
4/30/12 9:02:29AM
Anderson Silva released a biography last week and makes at least one startling revelation. Silva says he planned to kill his trainer several years ago, but was talked out of it by friends.

According to Fighters Only, Silva says he was going through a difficult time in his life financially. He was teaching jiu-jitsu classes, and the Chute Boxe coach Rafael Cordeiro did not want him to continue the classes. They had an argument in which Silva was slapped in the face.

Silva, upset, took a shotgun to where Cordeiro was and waited for the coach to return with the intent of shooting him. Luckily he had two friends with him who talked him out of the murder plan and nothing ended up happening.

Fighters Only says both Cordeiro and Silva’s son learned about the story for the first time last week. That had to be a pretty awkward moment for Cordeiro, I imagine. Can you envision being friends with a guy for years only to find out much later that he showed up ready to shoot you?

Good thing Silva was talked out of the incident otherwise the world may never have gotten to see his talents.

Link
TeamDEY
4/30/12 10:36:22AM
I read about this which was crazy. Something that was even better is that someone had the guts to actually slap him in the face.
jjeans
4/30/12 10:45:41AM

Posted by TeamDEY

I read about this which was crazy. Something that was even better is that someone had the guts to actually slap him in the face.

How I envision the slap actually went down

Sir_Karl
4/30/12 11:02:22AM
That shows what kind of a cuckoo Silva really is. He probably should have left that info out of his book.
Lay_N_Pray
4/30/12 11:51:24AM
When I read the headline of this post I just assumed he meant he almost killed his trainer in a sparring session or something because things like that are possible when you spar with Anderson Silva I'm sure.

But I'll admit a shotgun is still slightly more dangerous than Silva.
Wallass
4/30/12 11:53:08AM
Dudes lived quite the life. From flipping burgers to the best in the world!
tallica62
4/30/12 12:43:10PM
anderson silva is now officially the scariest person in the world...not only can he kill you and any human in hand to hand combat...hes got the crazy gene too...eek
Chael_Sonnen
4/30/12 1:03:23PM
Yup, after listening to the tribal chants in Brazil towards the American fighters......doesn't surprise me at all.

Stay classy and modern Brazil

Well, I'm sure Andy would first kidnap and then murder with a shotgun or machete, etc.
MaxOne
4/30/12 1:25:36PM
wow, dude is a nut. Great fighter but a nut. Pretty sure everyone has had thoughts like that but it's a whole different thing to show up w/the gun to actually follow through on the crazy thoughts....

kind of freaky when you think about how much he has felt "disrespected" by other fighters.

cowcatcher
4/30/12 1:49:08PM
It must have been a rough patch in his life for him to take it that far, but I'm really just left shaking my head at this whole thing. It's bad enough it went down the way it did, it's even worse to put it in print. It's a terrible move on all levels. I'm relieved for Chael that the fight got moved to Vegas, although I have to admit that I really wanted to see exactly what would go down had he won the belt there. It's probably best that we won't find out for everyone involved, and the sport itself.
Chael_Sonnen
4/30/12 2:11:13PM

Posted by cowcatcher

It must have been a rough patch in his life for him to take it that far, but I'm really just left shaking my head at this whole thing. It's bad enough it went down the way it did, it's even worse to put it in print. It's a terrible move on all levels. I'm relieved for Chael that the fight got moved to Vegas, although I have to admit that I really wanted to see exactly what would go down had he won the belt there. It's probably best that we won't find out for everyone involved, and the sport itself.

The only thing that would happen is Chael receiving a standing ovation from the Brazilian thugs like Rocky received from the Russians in Rocky IV.
cowcatcher
4/30/12 2:17:37PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by cowcatcher

The only thing that would happen is Chael receiving a standing ovation from the Brazilian thugs like Rocky received from the Russians in Rocky IV.

kopower
4/30/12 2:57:20PM

bjj1605
4/30/12 3:20:24PM

Maybe Chael Sonnen should re-think the level of trash talk.

I can't believe they would make this information public.
Pookie
4/30/12 3:26:03PM
I want to read that book.
airkerma
4/30/12 3:30:24PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

that is certainly the ONLY way it would go down
BeeR
4/30/12 4:49:49PM
pussies use guns.
Manak
4/30/12 5:12:08PM
depending on the timeline and what brazil's law say, could his trainer file charges for attempt in premeditated murder???

but geez, pretty nuts to think the he was really gonna do this all over a slap, & why go to the extremes of a shotgun, was beating him to a pulp not enough punishment in andy's eyes
Pookie
4/30/12 5:14:02PM
I don't think this was really all over a slap, as much as it was about him getting rired from the only thing he was good at, and having to go back to working in a mcdonalds to feed his family.
infestructure
4/30/12 6:09:45PM
manak-

why go to the extremes of a shotgun, was beating him to a pulp not enough punishment in andy's eyes
Maybe it was to avoid possibly being caught. He might have been using a shotgun to make it look like a robbery gone wrong. A lot of those in Brazil.
Pookie
4/30/12 6:11:59PM

Posted by infestructure

manak-

why go to the extremes of a shotgun, was beating him to a pulp not enough punishment in andy's eyes
Maybe it was to avoid possibly being caught. He might have been using a shotgun to make it look like a robbery gone wrong. A lot of those in Brazil.

Nope. Plenty of witnesses, and it happened right outside they both work(ed) at.
tallica62
4/30/12 11:19:12PM

Posted by Pookie

I want to read that book.

mission accomplished
NE-1
5/1/12 2:01:14AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Yup, after listening to the tribal chants in Brazil towards the American fighters......doesn't surprise me at all.

Stay classy and modern Brazil

Well, I'm sure Andy would first kidnap and then murder with a shotgun or machete, etc.

Where were Chael's buddies when he was laundering money.?
NE-1
5/1/12 2:03:46AM

Posted by BeeR

pussies use guns.

When someone has a gun in your face, do you feed them that line?