The next Anderson Silva revealed?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » The next Anderson Silva revealed?
Wolfenstein
10/13/08 2:12:25AM
-The lightweight fighter who Dana White called "the next Anderson Silva" on this season's "Ultimate Fighter" is apparently the winner of this week's fight.

ossible-Ultimate-Fighter-Spoiler,-UFC-89-Countdown-Show,-More.htm" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">link
juanez13
10/13/08 8:03:54AM
I'm guessing Phillipe will fight this week.
DCRage
10/13/08 9:46:41AM
If it's Junie...
Branwest
10/13/08 10:35:27AM
I would be shocked it its Junie.......I don't think it will be. Although a good fighter with a lot of potential, I'm not sure he has the mental capacity of a great fighter. Great fighters are very smart and usually, though not always, humble......
Twenty20Dollars
10/13/08 11:01:33AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt dana talking about Joe Aguilar when he has saying that guy was the next anderson silva?

If so, Junie's temper gets him off the show and is replaced by joe who lost to junie.

Then again why would the lightweights be fighting this week, they fought last week, so isnt this week's LHW's.

Im confused
wiggum
10/13/08 11:24:38AM
well, first, it was joe duarte that everybody thought was the dude who was the next silva...he could still be if junie gets kicked off....but i doubt it....i wouldnt be suprised if junie is the guy, hes super talented at everything non mental, but my money isnt on him.....plus, .it shouldnt be revealed this week since lhw's are fighting this week..i do agree that its nover (sp?), that guy looked good and aside from fainting, he's got the calm killer instinct as well.
Ordep
10/13/08 1:30:57PM
well based on their house-elimination matches...I'll say it is Phillipe
juanez13
10/13/08 1:38:31PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt dana talking about Joe Aguilar when he has saying that guy was the next anderson silva?

If so, Junie's temper gets him off the show and is replaced by joe who lost to junie.

Then again why would the lightweights be fighting this week, they fought last week, so isnt this week's LHW's.

Im confused

Dana never gave a name regarding his comment on "the next anderson Silva", and the one rumored to be it wasnt Aguilar, it was Joe Duarte, who lost in the prelims to Phillipe Nover (also know as the guy that passed out).

As far as the other stuff, My guess is->

After Junie gets in the cage to call Efrain out, Dana gives Junie a chance to prove himself and fight, Noguiera chooses Phillipe Nover to fight Junie. Nover ends up destroying Junie.

The reason i think "the next anderson silva" is Phillipe is based on fighting styles, When Phillipe fought Duarte, he showed crisp MT, great knees from the clinch, and tight BJJ. Much like A. Silva, but of course being blown out of proportion by Dana.

But thats just my guess, might be something completely different.

dannyfrank
10/13/08 3:18:12PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Im confused

Dana never gave a name regarding his comment on "the next anderson Silva", and the one rumored to be it wasnt Aguilar, it was Joe Duarte, who lost in the prelims to Phillipe Nover (also know as the guy that passed out).

As far as the other stuff, My guess is->

After Junie gets in the cage to call Efrain out, Dana gives Junie a chance to prove himself and fight, Noguiera chooses Phillipe Nover to fight Junie. Nover ends up destroying Junie.

The reason i think "the next anderson silva" is Phillipe is based on fighting styles, When Phillipe fought Duarte, he showed crisp MT, great knees from the clinch, and tight BJJ. Much like A. Silva, but of course being blown out of proportion by Dana.

But thats just my guess, might be something completely different.

i hope you're right. that would be a sweet fight
Twenty20Dollars
10/13/08 5:49:25PM
ohh yeah yeah i just couldnt remember the right guy. Duarte.

Maybe there will be two fights on this next episode.
PeteD
10/13/08 9:22:29PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Dana decided to do another Lightweight elimination just to see what to do with Junie.

I was awe-struck when Dana gave Shane and Junie a second chance. I really only see two ways this plays out.

A) Junie blew his second chance, Dana gives another speech, Junie gets kicked out

B) Junie fights this week to decide if he'll stay

If Junie stays, I have no clue what could happen.
Gipper
10/14/08 11:38:50AM
give me a break. there will never be another a.silva he's one of a kind. craziest fighter i have ever seen along with fedor.
DCRage
10/16/08 10:19:07AM
Well, it wasn't revealed last night unless he's one of the Light Heavyweights. It was a 205 fight.