Anderson Silva vs Quinton Jackson (the quest for 2 belts?)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Anderson Silva vs Quinton Jackson (the quest for 2 belts?)
POLL: who takes it?
anderson silva 10% (4)
quinton jackson 33% (13)
anderson wont move up 58% (23)
NineDuce
1/27/08 7:30:17AM
suppose anderson beats hendo and gets bored of the competition in the middleweight division and decides to move up, who takes it? i say anderson via muay thai clinch similar to the rua and wandy fights, chute boxe might be his krypotonite

none the less a great prospecting fight in the future, this is hard for me to predict too because quinton and anderson are 2 of my favorites

all personal belief aside who wins?.....we might find out or not
xchickox
1/27/08 8:38:29AM
i think rampage would be too strong for anderson and would take him down and ground and pound him
SmileR
1/27/08 8:45:18AM

Posted by xchickox

i think rampage would be too strong for anderson and would take him down and ground and pound him

Exactly what i was thnking.
I also can't see him beating hendo so i doubt he'll move up after that.
aaa9erh8er
1/27/08 11:00:37AM
i agree 100% that rampage is to strong for anyone that can fight at 170. i think anderson maynot be able to beat hendo. but he still with out a doubt is one of the more dominating middelweights i can ever think of
seanfu
1/27/08 11:11:34AM
You're retarded, if there was ever a chance ilva going anywhere it would be a catchweight fight between him and St Pierre at 177 or 78 or something.

And that would be a much more interesting fight than an execution by a 20 to 30 pound heavier Jackson smashing his face and laughing at what came back at him.
Boo_Radley21
1/27/08 11:20:04AM
Rampage takes it with his strength and wrestling.
mkiv9secsupra
1/27/08 11:53:18AM

Posted by aaa9erh8er

i agree 100% that rampage is to strong for anyone that can fight at 170.

huh?
postman
1/27/08 1:24:52PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by aaa9erh8er

i agree 100% that rampage is to strong for anyone that can fight at 170.

huh?

I think hw means Anderson could drop to 170 pretty easy.
THE_DRiZzLE
1/27/08 2:07:50PM
my answer lies in my avatar yo.. although Silvia is the shit.. i do feel Rampage would be to strong and Hendo might be as well..
Pookie
1/27/08 2:52:34PM
anderson silva could not drop to 170. he cuts from 213.

How anderson silva does against hendo will say alot. IF he can dominate the clinch against hendo then he maybe strong enough to hold rampage there. If he cant knock hendo out, then i dont think hell knock rampage out either. Both have top tier chins and honestly silva hasnt faced someone as tough as them yet.

Silva does have the right style to clinch with him and knee the shit out of him but i think if he tried he lanky enough that rampage would pick him up and slam him.

then if it hits the ground if silva tries for a triangle.... well we all saw the Jackson-Arona fight.

I say rampage wins this
casey64
1/27/08 5:22:36PM

Posted by xchickox

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
1/27/08 8:18:47PM

Posted by Pookie

anderson silva could not drop to 170. he cuts from 213.

wherever you get your sources from, your wrong. either that or its a mistranslation or miscalculation from Kilograms to pounds. 213-185 is a 14 % weight drop. Go watch anderson's fights at 167 . The size difference between the silva of today and then is very minimal, which leads me to believe he doesnt cut much at all. weight wise silva looks way smaller then a rich franklin or nate marquart who cut from 210.

I Would like to see rampage defend his title somemore and rematches with shogun/wandy/chuck before any talks of double belting.
NineDuce
1/28/08 1:10:48AM
surprising everyone thinks rampage will just run over a guy who has a similar style to that of which beat him many times, hes quick has better striking and even if he was taken down by the stronger opponent would probably submit him anyway.

then what if he destroys hendo what will you all be saying about strength being an upper hand then, andersons striking is pin point and arguably better than shoguns or wandys, i cant stress enough how much i like both these guys im just being honest that anderson would most definatly win the same way any chute boxe fighter has beaten him with superior standup, besides how can any of you know how strong anderson would be at 205 rampage and anderson are pretty much the same height
FeelTheJoy
1/29/08 1:40:41AM
there is no chance silva beating rampage. thats not even fair.
NineDuce
1/29/08 4:12:46AM

Posted by FeelTheJoy

there is no chance silva beating rampage. thats not even fair.

really? i guess your pulling for hendo to beat anderson huh? youll be one of those people who change there mind if anderson KO's hendo, then how not fair is it? lol