Anderson Silva Question.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Anderson Silva Question.
balack_o-bama
3/16/08 3:53:39PM
Before the Henderson fight, I had always heard that Silva does not cut weight. Recently, I have been reading he cuts from 214. I know not to believe everything I hear, but there are/were so many people (mods included) saying both. WTF? Does anyone know for sure? Anyone have pics of him next to someone when he's not around fight time?

Anything is appreciated.
Pookie
3/16/08 4:19:20PM
Anderson Silva stated in an interview (Pre-fight before Marquardt or Franklin 2) that he cuts from 213.
Alot of people think he doesnt cut weight because of how small he looks, but IMO i think he looks huge for MW... its just his head is disproportionately large for his body.
balack_o-bama
3/16/08 4:52:09PM

Posted by Pookie

Anderson Silva stated in an interview (Pre-fight before Marquardt or Franklin 2) that he cuts from 213.
Alot of people think he doesnt cut weight because of how small he looks, but IMO i think he looks huge for MW... its just his head is disproportionately large for his body.

That'll do it. Thanks man.

I agree with you that he does look large for a middleweight. He's obviously much stronger than he looks.
Pookie
3/16/08 4:59:18PM
It his back muscles man, most developed in the sport.
Ben_Hutch
3/16/08 5:10:14PM
Silva is a lot stronger than he looks, and i mean a lot. Pookie is right about the 'black muscles'.
Pookie
3/16/08 5:18:35PM
huh?
Ben_Hutch
3/16/08 5:22:21PM
I thought you said 'black' muscles.

Black peoples muscles develope faster and bigger than white peoples, hence why black people are the best sprinters, and why Anderson Silva is incredibly strong without being as muscly and ripped as someone like Brock Lesnar
postman
3/16/08 5:28:42PM
Come on Kongos back is way more developed then Andersons.
Pookie
3/16/08 5:34:08PM
Muscle Mass is not indicative of Punching Power. In fact it hinders it.
Speed creates more force than mass, thus it is better to finely tune your muscles than it is to get more.
Look at Bruce Lee, how hard he was able to hit with a 135 pound frame.
The wing and shoulder muscles are really what contribute to punching power the most i believe. Its not a black or white or yellow or purple thing, stereotyping is bad mmmkay...
Ben_Hutch
3/16/08 5:49:03PM
Black people are faster at 100m than white people ever will be.

Kongo is a raw beast.

Silva is just generally sick.

Pookie
3/16/08 5:53:05PM
Kongo has too much muscle mass to be an effective striker, he's slow and telegraphs his shots. Not like he has much ko power either, and herring did drop him with a single shot that hit the nose.

But iunno.. maybe im just a Kongo Hater...
CactusBob
3/16/08 7:40:38PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Black peoples muscles develope faster and bigger than white peoples, hence why black people are the best sprinters, and why Anderson Silva is incredibly strong without being as muscly and ripped as someone like Brock Lesnar

There is a little truth to what you said, but I know you cannot explain how. It actually has to do with what I will call "fast" and "slow" muscles. Black people tend to have more "fast" muscle fibers than white people. Also, Silva's strength is hidden in his height. Tall people do not show muscle mass as well as short people.
postman
3/16/08 7:43:31PM
Trust me I'm no Kongo lover I just couldn't belive how ripped that mans back was.
cmill21
3/16/08 8:01:24PM

Posted by postman

Trust me I'm no Kongo lover I just couldn't belive how ripped that mans back was.

Lol I was laughing so hard watching that fight. Everyone I was with was talking about his muscles, nothing but his muscles. I don't care how much muscle you have, look at Semmy Schilt, Fedor, Barnett, ect. All rediculously good at what they do(schilts good at using his size lol) but they don't have the look of a kongo, yet they are so much better then him, in fact even glaube feitosa is so much better and he looks like a regular man.
Ultimate_fighter
3/16/08 8:26:58PM
Franklin said that he is as strong as tim sylvia, and sylvia is 6'8 280 - 300 pds... thats crazy, Silva is gonna be WW, MW, AND LHW champ some time soon i bet..
Pookie
3/16/08 8:59:14PM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

Franklin said that he is as strong as tim sylvia, and sylvia is 6'8 280 - 300 pds... thats crazy, Silva is gonna be WW, MW, AND LHW champ some time soon i bet..

in the clinch...
Copenhagen
3/16/08 10:14:07PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

I had no idea white people where genetically inferior to blacks.....
ICSlegend
3/19/08 10:07:43PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Black people are faster at 100m than white people ever will be.

Kongo is a raw beast.

Silva is just generally sick.

Nice racist statement you got there. Which also happens to be totally false. Do you run the 100m personally? I was not on the track team, yet beat most of the track team on the 100m. They were mostly african americans. I am caucasian. does this prove anything. No. Every person is an individal, and should be judged as such. Are the Soviets or Chinese completely dominant at sports as they "appeared to be" years ago? Just cause Fedor is the best well-rounded MMA fighter does that mean non-Russian MMA fighters will never be as good. Dumb conclusion, which is essentially the same thing you're saying.

Anyway, if you're dense enough to think that fractions of a second in World Records proves racial dominance you must not study science or genetics much. Sure, certain ethnic background may statistically be naturally advantangeous to certain sports/events, but "superiority" is a myth catered by the unintelligent. And why did you pick 100m? Either blacks are faster then white people or not. At least know where you're own unfounded opinion stands.