Anderson Silva: "I Prefer Him [GSP] Over Jon Jones, He's Smaller, I'll Be Hit Less"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Anderson Silva: "I Prefer Him [GSP] Over Jon Jones, He's Smaller, I'll Be Hit Less"
« Previous Page
Cooler
10/16/12 7:40:49PM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Cooler

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Cooler

Posted by prophecy033

I'll get hit less? WTF? Come on Anderson, you're in a combat sport, you're gonna get hit. Plus you're the most dominate MMA fighter on the planet and you're talking this shit

It was a joke, settle down brosef.

Are you uncomfortable? Prophecy stop scaring the children

Huh, no but the other poster is uncomfortable with a joke.

What you think is a joke. Get over it. People get angry from time to time, telling people to 'settle down' does not advance the conversation in anyway but to raise ire, especially online.

Calling people children raises even more, especially in reply.. to a mild reply
infestructure
10/16/12 8:11:39PM

Posted by Cooler

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Cooler

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Cooler

Posted by prophecy033

I'll get hit less? WTF? Come on Anderson, you're in a combat sport, you're gonna get hit. Plus you're the most dominate MMA fighter on the planet and you're talking this shit

What you think is a joke. Get over it. People get angry from time to time, telling people to 'settle down' does not advance the conversation in anyway but to raise ire, especially online.

I edited it almost immediately, but I feel justified with the original now
Cooler
10/16/12 8:19:57PM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Cooler

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Cooler

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Cooler

Posted by prophecy033

I edited it almost immediately, but I feel justified with the original now

Because you realized how childish it was to call someone a child for telling someone who didn't read the article or watch the press conference to settle down and actually study it objectively instead of questioning the champions integrity blindly.

Yeah no, you totally have the high ground here
infestructure
10/16/12 8:44:53PM
No, I didn't feel childish for calling you a child for acting like a child
Bubbles
10/16/12 9:34:16PM
Children, shut up or I am going to turn the car around!
Cooler
10/16/12 9:40:23PM

Posted by infestructure

^

FlashyG
10/16/12 10:08:07PM

Posted by bjj1605

I don't know what the hell you're smoking but you should share.

Anderson Silva is TALL but he isn't BIG. He's a very thin guy.

Okami, Belfort, Franklin, Cote, Marquardt, Sonnen, and Leben are all "bigger than him."

Basically he's been the smaller man in every MW fight he's had in the UFC except for Maia, Lutter, and Leites.

Outside of the octagon Anderson's weight is actually more than most LHW's.

Jon Jones claims to walk around at 225, Silva says he walks around anywhere between 220 and 230 and GSP walks around at around 195.

Silva is a very big MW by any measure.
bjj1605
10/17/12 12:32:13AM

Posted by Bubbles

well then both are in the same boat. You say Silva is "average" but GSP is "huge", I say Silva is "huge" and GSP is "bigger but not near the biggest"...if anything both are the same relative to their division

I can agree to that (rare when we talk about Anderson.)

I exaggerate when I say GSP is "huge." There are definitely bigger guys (Erick Silva and Thiago Alves come to mind.) He is slightly bigger than average for the division.

infestructure
10/17/12 12:51:02AM

Posted by Cooler

Posted by infestructure

^

I was laughing at you, as do many people in your life from the sounds of it.

Cooler in person:
Cooler
10/17/12 5:14:02AM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Cooler

Posted by infestructure

^

I was laughing at you as do many people in your life from the sounds of it.

Cooler in person:

What a dishonest load of shit.

Bubbles
10/17/12 10:01:26AM
LAST WARNING!!

Gogoplatapus
10/17/12 10:55:54AM
I think his comments are just and make sense. Plus I want to see that fucking fight!

Let the paper champ defend that crap hes wearing. Too late for that I guess.

bjj1605
10/17/12 3:32:02PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

I think his comments are just and make sense. Plus I want to see that fucking fight!

Anderson has more defenses than any champion in the history of the sport and he's a paper champ?!?!

This shit is getting really funny really fast.
infestructure
10/17/12 4:00:54PM

Posted by Cooler

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Cooler

Posted by infestructure

^

Cooler in person:

I never said anything about my beliefs. I just don't feel a need to purport my beliefs everywhere I go, or to foist them on others.

If you really want to know what I think,
In the words of Bill Maher - I'm an apathiest - I don't know what happens after you die and I don't care.
Its probably a lot like before you were alive if I had to guess.
Cooler
10/17/12 4:53:35PM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Cooler

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Cooler

Posted by infestructure

^

Cooler in person:

I never said anything about my beliefs. I just don't feel a need to purport my beliefs everywhere I go, or to foist them on others.

If you really want to know what I think,
In the words of Bill Maher - I'm an apathiest - I don't know what happens after you die and I don't care.
Its probably a lot like before you were alive if I had to guess.

I'll bet you can't come up with one example where I blatantly ONLY talk about religion instead of the topic at hand. This thread does not count since we were on topic and YOU are the one who brought up beliefs for no reason other than to have something to fire back at me with. And it showed me how weak your arguments were beginning to sound, especially with every reply you throw in an ad hominem but yet I'm the "child". I mean think about it, your original post was to defend someone who didn't read the article or care to study the situation, get real will ya.

The thing about Bill Maher is that he is an Atheist, all an Atheist is is someone who doesn't accept the claims of deities, which includes a lot of people even some religious people like Buddhists etc. Bill does care more than he sometimes puts on, what with making his movie 'Religulous' and one of his best quotes was at the end of the movie... "If the world does come to an end here, or wherever, or if it limps into the future, decimated by the effects of religion-inspired nuclear terrorism, let's remember what the real problem was that we learned how to precipitate mass death before we got past the neurological disorder of wishing for it. That's it. Grow up or die"
Gogoplatapus
10/17/12 6:04:31PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Anderson has more defenses than any champion in the history of the sport and he's a paper champ?!?!

This shit is getting really funny really fast.

Condit, son.
infestructure
10/17/12 6:11:56PM
^^^TL,DR (in regards to Cooler's post, which I cbf quoting)

But I did notice how worked up you are, getting defensive. Now it's time for me to repeat your earlier mistake by telling you to settle down, broham

Its the internet, people might disagree with you don't let it affect you so much.
prophecy033
10/17/12 6:28:15PM
Cooler, I read the article bro, it doesn't say anything about it being a joke BUT the post fight presser is another story. That I didn't see nor did I see the contexts the question was asked or answered. Only half ignorant
Cooler
10/17/12 6:51:36PM

Posted by infestructure

^^^TL,DR (in regards to Cooler's post, which I cbf quoting)

But I did notice how worked up you are, getting defensive. Now it's time for me to repeat your earlier mistake by telling you to settle down, broham

Its the internet, people might disagree with you don't let it affect you so much.

Yeah Reading words is too hard, just throw ad hominems and straw man arguments, much easier.
bjj1605
10/18/12 9:29:01AM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Condit, son.

My bad.
Pages: 1 [2]