Anderson Silva Has No Plans of Retiring Any Time Soon

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Anderson Silva Has No Plans of Retiring Any Time Soon
prophecy033
7/3/12 11:34:07PM
Fedor Emelianenko may have recently announced his retirement from MMA, but don’t worry, Anderson Silva isn’t going anywhere.

The UFC’s reigning and defending middleweight champion, who surpassed Emelianenko in most people’s minds as the greatest mixed martial artist ever, squashed any retirement rumors on Tuesday with a simple one word answer.

When asked about rumors that he might retire after his UFC 148 main event fight against Chael Sonnen – win, lose or draw – Silva was happy to put those to rumors to rest.

“Nope,” Silva answered with a sly look on his face.

Link
prophecy033
7/4/12 1:38:02AM
He probably fights 4-5 more times imo, don't see him fighting into his 40's
Sir_Karl
7/4/12 2:22:51AM
Yet a year or so ago he was talking about retiring. Make up your mind dude.
bjj1605
7/4/12 2:31:50AM

Posted by Sir_Karl

A year or so ago it looked like he had cleaned out the division and there was nothing left for him to accomplish in the sport.

Now their are several guys coming up the rankings who would pose interesting challenges for him.

I want to see Anderson fight Wiedman, Munoz, and Bisping at least. Maybe Lombard and Belcher if there is time.
airkerma
7/4/12 11:54:02AM
Maybe, but I really wonder what he would do if he lost to Chael? Work his way back up? Rematch? It's been a looong time since he lost, I doubt anyone really knows how he will handle a loss.
Hendo67
7/4/12 12:04:01PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Sir_Karl

A year or so ago it looked like he had cleaned out the division and there was nothing left for him to accomplish in the sport.

Now their are several guys coming up the rankings who would pose interesting challenges for him.

I want to see Anderson fight Wiedman, Munoz, and Bisping at least. Maybe Lombard and Belcher if there is time.

I don't have any interest in any of those fights. I want Anderson at 205 if he beats Chael this weekend, there are much more challenging matches for him there than at 185. In my opinion it goes like this.

Chael Sonnen

Mark Munoz
Michael Bisping
Alan Belcher
Chris Weidman
prozacnation1978
7/4/12 5:56:07PM
I would like to see him fight live at least one more time after this weekend