anderson silva's performance .

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » anderson silva's performance .
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/26/08 5:05:30PM
Did anyone else notice anderson's unusual stance last night . He was almost turning his back to cote during the fight , like he was setting up some sort of spinning back kick. I think he wanted to give the fans something never seen before (ala tony frylund). He Had cote in the clinch and just let go , he had cote on the ground and just stood up . I truly believe he wanted to give us something new but cotes injury cut it short.
nickcuc547
10/26/08 5:08:35PM
The constant show boating and ******* off was giving me fits. I understand he likes to feel guys out but for two full rounds? I honestly don't know what to make of that fight, Silva landed the only significant blows but there weren't many. Cote pressed the action but did no damage. I'm mystified.
juanez13
10/26/08 5:08:38PM
The boxing thing got to his head, he was trying to showboat like RJJ and make Cote look lost, and just outclass him
mentalcase
10/26/08 5:13:59PM
I was not impressed by his performance (freanch-canadian accent)
i didnt like the show boating i wanted him to explode on him late in the first or early in the second after he felt him out enough

aaa9erh8er
10/26/08 5:37:08PM

Posted by mentalcase

I was not impressed by his performance (freanch-canadian accent)
i didnt like the show boating i wanted him to explode on him late in the first or early in the second after he felt him out enough

Biggz
10/26/08 5:49:27PM
i honestly think silva was just trying to make a statement. just like he can mess around and give a half ass fight and still win. he has mentioned he is frustrated that no one is able to really test him. and honestly he can just mess around in a fight and still win, i believe late in the 3rd or early 4th he would have stopped playing around and flipped the switch and knocked his ass out or subed him. but i think it was all just a message
Jackelope
10/26/08 5:56:03PM
This showcased one of the main reasons why I believe Fedor is a better p4p fighter than Anderson Silva. Fedor takes every opponent seriously and he's always all business whenever he's in a fight.

Fedor can wait patiently and counter attack or he can press the action at an unbelievable pace and overwhelm his opponents. There's no need to feel anyone out and there's no situation he can't get himself out of.

I believe the mental game and wrestling are the two reasons why Fedor is a better p4p fighter than Anderson Silva. This shows mental and Hendo showed wrestling.
tooly236
10/26/08 5:56:57PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

Did anyone else notice anderson's unusual stance last night . He was almost turning his back to cote during the fight , like he was setting up some sort of spinning back kick. I think he wanted to give the fans something never seen before (ala tony frylund). He Had cote in the clinch and just let go , he had cote on the ground and just stood up . I truly believe he wanted to give us something new but cotes injury cut it short.

You know how I feel about this, quit trying to hype up a terrible performance into something good. He is not Ali.
warglory
10/26/08 6:02:38PM

Posted by Jackelope

This showcased one of the main reasons why I believe Fedor is a better p4p fighter than Anderson Silva. Fedor takes every opponent seriously and he's always all business whenever he's in a fight.

Fedor can wait patiently and counter attack or he can press the action at an unbelievable pace and overwhelm his opponents. There's no need to feel anyone out and there's no situation he can't get himself out of.

I believe the mental game and wrestling are the two reasons why Fedor is a better p4p fighter than Anderson Silva. This shows mental and Hendo showed wrestling.

Anderson has lost more than Fedor, I think by default that means he is more aware of his vulnerabilities.
warglory
10/26/08 6:03:39PM

Posted by tooly236

You know how I feel about this, quit trying to hype up a terrible performance into something good. He is not Ali.

I believe he is, if not better than Ali.
Jackelope
10/26/08 6:06:34PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by Jackelope

Anderson has lost more than Fedor, I think by default that means he is more aware of his vulnerabilities.

Yes, but don't you think someone never losing by default shows that they have much fewer weaknesses?

edit: And yes I'm aware Fedor has a loss due to cut. So you could argue his weakness is that he's susceptible to cuts
nickcuc547
10/26/08 6:07:58PM

you may be right, but I didn't like how he was giving Cote no respect. Not that I like Cote or anything, but the showboating was a little much.
tooly236
10/26/08 6:14:31PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by tooly236

10,000 comedians out of work and we got you.
haggiswashere
10/26/08 6:18:48PM

Posted by Jackelope
So you could argue his weakness is that he's susceptible to cuts

he may be susceptible to cuts but only because his true robot armor plate skin is outlawed. lol sorry
R-Bandd
10/26/08 8:57:21PM
Just one question...."Dude knows you can't fix fights, right?"

The first thing that popped in to my head was this....

By Buenos Aires provincial police, a special 16-person security detail to protect the family of Spurs guard and Argentine Olympic team member Manu Ginobili (left), who became the country's highest-paid athlete when he signed a reported six-year, $52 million contract extension last Thursday. Two days earlier authorities—acting on a tip from a prison inmate—intercepted a phone call in which a plot to kidnap Ginobili's relatives was discussed. Abduction threats are an occupational hazard for athletes and celebrities in Argentina, which has been racked with crime since its 2001 economic collapse.

PS was it just me or did he seem pissed when that were raising his hand ??
cj_striker
10/26/08 11:08:49PM
If he was showboating and not doing that to confuse and frustrate Cote into being too aggressive and getting picked apart by Anderson's counter punching as I believe he was , and if he is still thinking about the whole boxing thing, i wish they would give him a boxing match with RJJ and let RJJ beat the shit out of him IN A BOXING MATCH (just to make that clear) to get that thought out of his head and let him focus on finishing his career the way he should. If he really is going to only fight five more times he should try and destroy every opponent and go out as the greatest UFC champion/fighter every which I believe that point could be made if he does dominate his last fights, but the p4p thing in my mind could never be really proven seeing how him and fedor will never fight. I personally believe Anderson is getting a bit too cocky and will lose before he retires, and maybe if he does lose he'll decide to stick around a little longer.
slapshot
10/27/08 3:07:00AM
I felt he was playing with fire myself, due to Silva's lack of effort Cote won the first round and even got in a few good shots one even backed Silva up.

He seemed to intentionally be drawing out the fight or at least not going in for the kill.

On the other hand Cote did well. I think Cote looked better loosing than Silva looked winning in the second. Its too bad his knee went out, I dont think he would have won but you cant tempt fate too much and Silva was defiantly doing some tempting.
Pookie
10/27/08 5:19:18AM

Posted by tooly236

Posted by warglory

Posted by tooly236

10,000 comedians out of work and we got you.

Naturaldisaster
10/27/08 6:31:17AM

Posted by R-Bandd

Just one question...."Dude knows you can't fix fights, right?"

The first thing that popped in to my head was this....

By Buenos Aires provincial police, a special 16-person security detail to protect the family of Spurs guard and Argentine Olympic team member Manu Ginobili (left), who became the country's highest-paid athlete when he signed a reported six-year, $52 million contract extension last Thursday. Two days earlier authorities—acting on a tip from a prison inmate—intercepted a phone call in which a plot to kidnap Ginobili's relatives was discussed. Abduction threats are an occupational hazard for athletes and celebrities in Argentina, which has been racked with crime since its 2001 economic collapse.

PS was it just me or did he seem pissed when that were raising his hand ??

of course he wasnt gonna look to happy because nobody wants to win a fight because of their opponent blowin their ACL or whatever. He trained for 6 weeks maybe more for the fight and the ending was somethin that neither fighter had any control over
babytater03
10/27/08 8:33:17AM
Anderson's performance Saturday was utterly unbearable for me. He is such a show-boater. Look, we know you can avoid punches, give punches, give kicks and knock people the f**k out. There is no doubt Anderson is arguably the best fighter in the UFC. BUT....that performance, in my opinion, knocks his claim as #1 to 3rd. GSP and BJ, hell even Forrest, come in, take care of business and get the job done. None of this dancing and parading around bullsh*t.

I was glad to see Cote pressing Anderson. No doubt he was more the aggressor. However, he put NOTHING behind his punches or kicks. Sucks for his injury though. Always sucks to see a fighter go down because of something they couldnt prevent.

Also, did anyone else get pissed by the obvious dick-sucking Rogan was doing with Anderson? "What a very entertaining fight! The greatest fighter in the World!" Entertaining? The hell it was! I can think of four other fights more entertaining than that and 1 of them was on the undercard! VERY DISAPPOINTING FIGHT.

p.s. Did anyone else get pissed at these new refs? "Lets work guys." Seriously? The Clementi fight was a grappling bout. Not to mention Clementi was attempting subs. Kosh and Alves were grappling on the cage. Let the fuggin guys fight! Shut you freaking mouth! Oh, and btw..... STOP THE FIGHT WHEN THE BELL RINGS! dumbass. They need a pink slip for that damn ref.
4u2nv
10/27/08 9:53:55AM

Posted by babytater03

Anderson's performance Saturday was utterly unbearable for me. He is such a show-boater. Look, we know you can avoid punches, give punches, give kicks and knock people the f**k out. There is no doubt Anderson is arguably the best fighter in the UFC. BUT....that performance, in my opinion, knocks his claim as #1 to 3rd. GSP and BJ, hell even Forrest, come in, take care of business and get the job done. None of this dancing and parading around bullsh*t.

I was glad to see Cote pressing Anderson. No doubt he was more the aggressor. However, he put NOTHING behind his punches or kicks. Sucks for his injury though. Always sucks to see a fighter go down because of something they couldnt prevent.

Also, did anyone else get pissed by the obvious dick-sucking Rogan was doing with Anderson? "What a very entertaining fight! The greatest fighter in the World!" Entertaining? The hell it was! I can think of four other fights more entertaining than that and 1 of them was on the undercard! VERY DISAPPOINTING FIGHT.

p.s. Did anyone else get pissed at these new refs? "Lets work guys." Seriously? The Clementi fight was a grappling bout. Not to mention Clementi was attempting subs. Kosh and Alves were grappling on the cage. Let the fuggin guys fight! Shut you freaking mouth! Oh, and btw..... STOP THE FIGHT WHEN THE BELL RINGS! dumbass. They need a pink slip for that damn ref.

Wow took every thought out of my head and posted it up first. Im thinking the same exact stuff bro. UFC 90 was pretty good up until the Main Event and the Ref's sucking at their job as well and Joe Ro da Homo and Golden Nuthugger's A. Silva is the greatest ever BS!
R-Bandd
10/27/08 10:20:37AM

of course he wasnt gonna look to happy because nobody wants to win a fight because of their opponent blowin their ACL or whatever. He trained for 6 weeks maybe more for the fight and the ending was somethin that neither fighter had any control over

I've only watched the fight once, so maybe I did not see it correctly. From my seat it looked like Silva hit when he wanted to and tryed to limit the damage he was doing. At the end of round one(i think it was R1) they were against the cage and Silva looked at the clock to and only let hid knees go at the very end of the round. It just felt like he had a set round he wanted the right to end in and because of the injury it did not make it there
handstrong
10/27/08 12:47:13PM
Let me first preface this by saying that I'm a big A Silva fan. I've watched the fight several times, and I've counted the times each one of them landed a strike, and if you go by the amount landed, Cote actually landed about 2 more strikes than Silva. This is counting 9 landed leg kicks by Cote, 6 punches, and 2 elbows from the ground. This is compared to Silva's 8 kicks and about 5 or 6 punches. I'm not saying that Cote was winning, but it was not nearly as one-sided as most would think. I think the strikes that Silva landed were more damaging, and he did get Cote on the ground, but while he had him down there, he didn't do anything, and Cote landed a couple of solid elbows to the top of Silva's head. The fact that Silva was dancing and running around so much, made it look like a futile effort by Cote, but NOONE knows what would have happened if that injury wouldn't have happened. Sure people can assume that Silva would have eventually taken him apart, but the fact is, we'll NEVER know. So I gotta give Cote respect for not being scared and actually trying to fight him. With that being said, GSP and Silva MUST happen! This I truly belive would be the true test for Silva.
XblacksheepX
10/27/08 9:38:36PM
I've seen a fight which, until Cote's knee injury, was dominated by tactics and less aggression, but still not boring at all to me. Sure, there was the usual pinpoint k.o. missing but Cote did a great job not really letting Anderson get comfortable. I'm pretty sure it would have get more physical in the later rounds, but nobody knows. The few times Anderson went in it still looked amazing. Guess people talking shit now also don't understand fighters like Machida, because they're probably more interested in violent brawls, beer and being entertained, what looks pretty stupid to me. MMA and fighting in general is way more than that...
the_01
10/28/08 4:27:02PM
Silva could have easily distroyed Cote early in the first round, but he wanted to give the fans a little action and something to remember.
To sum it up, Silva is too good of a fighter for anyone at the moment.
ChBubbaBoe
10/28/08 8:23:24PM
You mean for anyone in the MW division dont you?
the_01
10/29/08 11:20:12PM
No, I mean ANYONE.
RhythmAndStyle
10/31/08 6:33:59PM
i think Silva knew he was gonna win no matter what..so thats why he probably show boated..don't know why everyone keeps sayin Silva performance was bad..people are probably just mad bout what happened to Cote..just leave it at that..quit bitchin bout SIlva performance or how he acted durnin the fight..cha should be bitchin bout Cote..and how HE jipped ya'll of 50 bucks...
WrestlersAssassin
11/1/08 2:13:00AM
Anderson Dosnt Need Anyones Approval Period

When Cote was hurt by that leg kick it probably got worse, it was not a fluke injury it was tactical, it was just unfortunate that it ended in an injury.