Anderson Silva vs. Patrick Cote Set

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Anderson Silva vs. Patrick Cote Set
Next Page »
DCRage
7/26/08 9:12:24PM
The worst-kept secret in MMA is a secret no more. UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva will defend against Patrick Cote at UFC 90.

Article
Twenty20Dollars
7/26/08 9:16:28PM
Guess I saw this coming. Don't get me wrong, I like Cote and the whole come back story but I am kinda hoping he loses because I think Okami has a better shot of beating Anderson.

But I guess we all hope that this fight lasts longer than a minute and at least goes to the second round and that it is an absolute slug fest war
puppetmaster837
7/26/08 9:24:44PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Guess I saw this coming. Don't get me wrong, I like Cote and the whole come back story but I am kinda hoping he loses because I think Okami has a better shot of beating Anderson.

But I guess we all hope that this fight lasts longer than a minute and at least goes to the second round and that it is an absolute slug fest war

hahaha, keep hoping for that second round and slug fest war. Its gonna be like watching the replay of Silva vs Leben except Cote doesnt have the chin that Leben has
thesteven5918
7/26/08 9:24:48PM
Amderson is better tha evrything than cote no disrepect to Cote... the only thing that Cote has at all is the one punch chance... and he better use it quick and come out with right off the bat!!!!!!
IriShame
7/26/08 10:25:43PM
This is as close to a sure thing as you're ever going to find in MMA. Goodnight Cote.
Porch28
7/26/08 10:30:43PM
Silva by total destruction rd 1! Any avatar bets hit me up
FrankTheTank1181
7/26/08 10:35:02PM
I guess they wanna give Silva a tune-up before an Okami rematch. That's the only thing that makes sense.
Kracker_Jap
7/26/08 10:47:25PM
I'm not picking against Anderon this fight

Anderson KO 1st round
Matimus
7/26/08 10:59:15PM
I like Cote alot.

But not only am I calling silva to win via knock out in the 2nd minute of round one, Im going to say he will land 36 of 38 punches, 4 kicks and one... too many knee bombs to the face

I was watching elite, this wasnt Dana's breaking news was it?
postman
7/26/08 11:33:23PM
is this the big news?
Twenty20Dollars
7/26/08 11:33:23PM
no, it was UFC purchasing IFL. I was watching elitexc too it was very very good. better than last time.

Im just saying i want this fight to be a war and not just a one punch shot, because its going to be 45$ so i want a see a war.
KYGUY07
7/26/08 11:38:36PM
I am a huge Cote fan but its ridiculous for anyone to think, that Cote stands a chance in this one, Silva by destruction 2 minutes into the fight.
postman
7/26/08 11:51:20PM

no, it was UFC purchasing IFL. I was watching elitexc too it was very very good. better than last time.

Im just saying i want this fight to be a war and not just a one punch shot, because its going to be 45$ so i want a see a war.

Thanks. I agree I hope that fight goes into the third for a change.
kopower
7/26/08 11:52:28PM
Silva should be able to fight at UFC 91 after he destroys Cote. I really can't recall a fighter that takes less damage than Silva. I swear at the rate he is going he could fight every other ppv.
Ge_OffB
7/26/08 11:56:38PM
as a canadian it would be great to see another canadian champ in the ufc, but with that being said i really DO NOT see it happening anderson rd 1 ko. and as far as the "big announcement" its ufc 89 free on spike.
Ordep
7/27/08 12:23:21AM

I see Cote as an underdog lower than Gonzaga for the CC fight (that's the Playground's record right?)
Sir_Karl
7/27/08 12:33:46AM
I am a HUGE Cote fan....he has been my favorite fighter since UFC 50.
Not sure what he can do against the Spider.
Avoid getting hit...period.
If on ground....avoid getting hit....and avoid getting submitted.
If they stand and trade, Cote needs to put the Spider's lights out.
If they get caught in a grappling/clinch war Cote needs to "sprawl and brawl" but not get caught in Silva's Muay Thai clinch/pinch.
The Doctors had to gather Rich Franklin's nose from near his ear after one of the Spider's knees.....and I can't even imagine how his ribs felt.
I really don't want to see that happen to Cote.
I see Silva winning by submission...but I hope Cote wins by KO.
juanez13
7/27/08 12:38:55AM
Never opposed to seeing Anderson putting a beatdown on somebody for free!...

Anderson by domination
postman
7/27/08 12:46:38AM

Posted by Ordep

I see Cote as an underdog lower than Gonzaga for the CC fight (that's the Playground's record right?)

I don't see anyone that takes their pick seriously taking Cote.
jgtribbett
7/27/08 1:43:11AM
man, we need to find someone for silva to fight

silva vs machida
Canadian-Pain
7/27/08 2:21:39AM
over in round 1

cote is not top 10 material.
clintjack
7/27/08 3:14:27AM
I think Almeida would of had a better chance against Anderson.
Manak
7/27/08 3:26:01AM

Posted by FrankTheTank1181

I guess they wanna give Silva a tune-up before an Okami rematch. That's the only thing that makes sense.

Okami got hurt so they gave Cote the shot get past the 2nd rd

Silva KO rd 1

nastshabast
7/27/08 5:01:45AM

It's worth 45 for Silva to **** someone up quick
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/27/08 9:31:08AM

Posted by Canadian-Pain

over in round 1

cote is not top 10 material.

I respect your opinion thinking that Cote will lose (as I share those same thoughts), but for you to say that he's not top 10 material is complete bullshit and disrespectful, both to Pat and all of the other fighters cause if Cote isin't in the top 10, then please open my eyes and tell me who is... Cote wanted to fight the best, made his way to the top. Now he's there, yeah ok he'll get destroyed but he' still there. Anyways, Cote will lose but IS top 10 material, regardless what you think you know.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
7/27/08 9:50:59AM
I WANT COTE TO WIN AND I'M GONNA PICK HIM TOO
tmas
7/27/08 10:12:32AM
Cote is near the top ten if he is in it its in the bottom.

The following is a list of people as good if not better than Cote. Not all of them are in the UFC but non the less.

Anderson Silva
Chris Leben
Dan Henderson
Kendall Grov e
Rich Franklin
Thales Leites
Yushin Okami
Robbie Lawler
Dean Lister
Robbie Lawler
Amir Sadollah (JK)
Demian Maia
Matt Lindland
Vitor Belfort
Paulo Filho

Cote is one of my top 20 favorite fighters. I like em a lot great fighter great heart. Do not sleep on him. He has great knockout power. He uses his kicks, and knees well, he is good in the clinch. He does have a mediocre ground game....but i wouldnt be suprised to see Cote get trained up by GSP on some ways to get this fight to the ground, and finish it there.........

I pick Silva (slightly biased as he is my favorite fighter) in round one at three min and 13 seconds via tapout due to a Flying Scissor Heel Hook.

JoeySteel
7/27/08 10:21:06AM
Yeah. Poor Pat.

I have this one as Anderson by decapitation about 3 seconds after Cote steps into the ring. Before rd 1 begins. It is not marked as a disqualification because all of the judges decide "it was for the best." They have a nice 5 min. ceremony instead of the first round, and the crowd goes home happy.

I mean seriously Cote shoulda had to fight Hendo first or something this is gonna be a lame fight, even though I like Cote.

Well two things are for sure.
#1 We will prove even in a boring fight Silva is amazing to watch. I would watch that dude fight spaghetti and pay a few dollars and leave satisfied.

#2 Cote has a strong punch, NOT stronger than Irving. Is Cote gonna beat anderson. I guess anything is possible the sun could blow up, a super model could fall naked into my pants, and cote could win this. But all are qually likely. At least I get to see the betting odds of a supermodel falling out of the sky into my bed on our fanasy wager page.

otacon279
7/27/08 11:47:53AM
Okami and Cote.. dear god.

the UFC is going backwards with Anderson

looks like end of 09' for anyone worth fighting Anderson.
prozacnation1978
7/27/08 1:12:50PM
i called this a long time ago
knew it would be at ufc 90
watch next will be vera vs jardine moved to this event as well
cote has no chance he won't make it past the first
Pages: [1] 2