Anderson Silva P4P

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Anderson Silva P4P
CAboulderer
9/14/07 7:08:00PM
I apologize if this has been discussed alot before, I'm new here. I don't understand why most people are not ranking AS as at least top 5 P4P. I have him at 3, and believe it or not, close with Shogun for 2. I can back that up with legitimate arguements, but thats not the point of this post. Anderson has proven that he is the best fighter now that he has ever been. He may have beaten fighters like leben and lutter, but he obliterated leben, which is not the same as just winning, and there is a big difference between beating lutter, and subbing him with a triangle at his own game after double knee surgery. On top of that, he dominated a top 10 fighter in Marquardt from standing, his back, and on top. Most of all, he didn't JUST beat a top 2 or 3 fighter (at the time) in Rich Franklin. Franklin had dominated bunches of proven middlewights, but Silva obliterated him in a fashion the I feel should influence his rankings more than almost any other fight. Furthermore, people are asking, "if he beats Franklin and Hendo doesn't drop down, is there anybody who even has a remote chance of winning that fights in a major organization? The only other fighter with questions like that is Fedor. After his most recent fights, how can we say that Hendo, Jackson, or even Coutre are that dominant P4P? Okay, now flame away...
enemyofmany
9/14/07 11:15:43PM
well,id say 205 and up has better fighters,more competition,but if hendo doesnt drop down to 185,i dont see anyone puttin him down,rich does have a chance,small as it may be,he does.but p4p,its fair to put silva in the top 5,num 1 in his weight class.does anyone know if hendo plans on a unification of the 185 belt?
enemyofmany
9/14/07 11:22:54PM
what i meant by the 205 and up having more comp is that theres alot more tough dudes,and people are apt to put them before lighter guys in their overall rankings.at least thats what i think.plus its hard to match guy's skill overall when comparing out of the weightclass
loonytnt
9/16/07 1:26:17PM
i dont see him being p4p a top 10, the MW div in the UFC is not stacked like LW,WW,LHW,HW all those div all so many great fighter, that why he is not top 10, not saying he is not a great fighter but he is not top 10, top 20 maybe
enemyofmany
9/16/07 1:47:24PM
THATS WHY HE SAID POUND FOR POUND GENIOUS.HE'S DEF TOP 5 P4P RIGHT NOW.VERY TECHINICAL,WELL ROUNDED FIGHTER.GO WATCH HIS HIGHLIGHT REELS ON YOUTUBE.
aladdin
9/21/07 1:59:10PM
People dont rank him high because UFC MW division is lacking top talent. He is leaps and bounds above everybody else. It why some people dont rank Fedor high anymore....hes not fighting the top 5 in the world.