Anderson Silva #1 P4P

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Anderson Silva #1 P4P
Next Page »
warglory
10/21/07 12:48:48AM
That was one of the greatest performances I have ever seen from a fighter, unbelievable. Franklin is a great fighter, but Silva barely got hit throughout that entire fight. The part of the match in the 1st where he was dodging punches from Rich was incredible.
juanez13
10/21/07 12:51:19AM
what a fight by silva...he looked amazing...he is defenately one of the most talented fighter i've ever seen
AchillesHeel
10/21/07 1:03:22AM
I'm *thisclose* to declaring Silva "invincible." Roight now, there's nobofy in the UFc who can toufh him.
warglory
10/21/07 1:04:43AM

Posted by AchillesHeel

I'm *thisclose* to declaring Silva "invincible." Roight now, there's nobofy in the UFc who can toufh him.

You lush.
AchillesHeel
10/21/07 1:07:13AM

Posted by warglory

Posted by AchillesHeel

You lush.

*hic*shutup*hic*
bayonetxwork
10/21/07 1:12:17AM
A Silva > Fedor
D0wnUnd6e6r
10/21/07 1:15:25AM

Posted by bayonetxwork

A Silva > Fedor

OOUUUUUHHHHH... Blunt...Blunt but fair... lollll
Lay_N_Pray
10/21/07 1:20:32AM
I have had him at #1 for a month...this helps that case.

Fedor is a once in a lifetime fighter, but I think Silva is to, which would make it two in a lifetime.

Silva is absolute poetry in motion when he is fighting and he has always been a personal favorite of mine because of the grace he fights with. He defies the laws of physics sometimes it seems
tuvok500
10/21/07 1:35:19AM
silva is a real monster, he is always in control everywhere the fight goes, it is amazing !!!

the guy is top 3 p4p for sure !!

i was having silva rd 2 ko, and i was scare that rich was unable to continue after the 1st rd !!

good job silva !!!

kevietre
10/21/07 2:07:45AM
He will be champ for years maybe
JBatch
10/21/07 2:14:14AM
I've got him top 3 after tonight but not #1.

He is going to be hard to beat but he will go down soon. Someone better always comes around. People think every champ who gets a couple title defences in a row is unbeatable. Ask Chuck, Randy, Nog or Hughes titles exchange hands no matter how "invincable" you are.
Sam_Rothstein
10/21/07 2:15:24AM
i want to see him beat lindland, henderson or even filho before i jump the gun and rank him #1 even in mw
Mei-Mei
10/21/07 2:44:36AM
I was there and Silva was AMAZING. Wicked spinning backfist and back kick. Arms at his side and ducking strikes. More brutal knees, and that ko at the end of the 1st....yeah ko not knock down. What an amazing fight and I can wait to watch it again!
Jimbo
10/21/07 5:02:02AM
Silva is a total beast, he looks unbeatable at the moment. I think the biggest challenge for him is if Hendo drops down a weight class, that will be a great fight if it happens. But right now he can dominate any one in middle weight.
malekomaddox
10/21/07 8:51:53AM
I watched the fight last night and both fighters were very classy. The amount of respect they showed one another was awesome. Franklin and Silva are my two favorite UFC fighters now.
fullfighting
10/21/07 11:09:56AM
Anderson is the #1 P4P fighter in the world. He is absolutely unreal. He dominated a very good fighter and he has completely destroyed all of his recent opponents. I don't see him losing for a long time. HE'S THE BEST.
MaxUFC
10/21/07 11:20:21AM
Yeah! I moved him to take number one P4P over Fedor now.
ohiostate1016
10/21/07 12:09:24PM
First of all, nobody in MMA is 'invinceible.' I think that Silva looks great becuase the 185 division in the UFC is laughable. There are 2 legit guys, other than Silva: Franklin and Henderson. And Hondo hasn't even fought at 185 in the UFC. Maybe Silva just has Franklin's number. Like Tito had Shamrock's number, and Pulver used to have B.J.'s number. There are lots of examples like that.

As far as who can beat Silva, I can name 5 legit options:

1-Dan Henderson. I think that Hondo is the most well-rounded fighter in the world not named GSP, and Hondo could definitely take that MW belt from him.

2-GSP. How great would it be to see GSP face Silva? To make it fair, they could fight open-weight (175 or 178). Since GSP has to wait to get his title shot, it would be great to see this fight.

3-Ryo Chonan. Ryo has beat Silva before (Pride Shockwave 2004), and he's now in the UFC. If Chonan beats Karo Parisyan, he could move up for a title shot.

4-Paulo Filho. Nobody gives this guy credit. He is legitimately one of the top MW's in the world, and I think that Paulo would give Anderson trouble.

5-Denis Kang. Kang is the most talented fight in the 185 division. I'll back that up to the end of the world. He's also the best Canadian not named GSP.

So don't get ahead of yourself. Silva is not the #1 PFP fighter in the world. He's maybe #3.
warglory
10/21/07 12:22:54PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

First of all, nobody in MMA is 'invinceible.' I think that Silva looks great becuase the 185 division in the UFC is laughable. There are 2 legit guys, other than Silva: Franklin and Henderson. And Hondo hasn't even fought at 185 in the UFC. Maybe Silva just has Franklin's number. Like Tito had Shamrock's number, and Pulver used to have B.J.'s number. There are lots of examples like that.

As far as who can beat Silva, I can name 5 legit options:

1-Dan Henderson. I think that Hondo is the most well-rounded fighter in the world not named GSP, and Hondo could definitely take that MW belt from him.

2-GSP. How great would it be to see GSP face Silva? To make it fair, they could fight open-weight (175 or 178). Since GSP has to wait to get his title shot, it would be great to see this fight.

3-Ryo Chonan. Ryo has beat Silva before (Pride Shockwave 2004), and he's now in the UFC. If Chonan beats Karo Parisyan, he could move up for a title shot.

4-Paulo Filho. Nobody gives this guy credit. He is legitimately one of the top MW's in the world, and I think that Paulo would give Anderson trouble.

5-Denis Kang. Kang is the most talented fight in the 185 division. I'll back that up to the end of the world. He's also the best Canadian not named GSP.

So don't get ahead of yourself. Silva is not the #1 PFP fighter in the world. He's maybe #3.

The only person on that list I see as being able to beat Silva is Hendo, but that's only because he sticks to you like glue and has a good clinch. Chonan would probably lose in a rematch and GSP, while being one of my favorite fighters, isn't as accurate in his stand up as Silva is (and thats saying a lot). Silva might have a problem with him on the ground though.
HulkRage
10/21/07 12:47:23PM
He has been my P4P #1 for quite a while now.
cmill21
10/21/07 1:14:25PM
I only see hendo or kang beating silva.
cowcatcher
10/21/07 1:51:00PM
maybe he should be #1 p4p, the thing that hurts him is the fact that there is a lack of starpower at MW in the ufc.
TheHitmanTL
10/21/07 4:05:58PM
i have him as number one just because fedor hasnt fought anyone noteworthy in his last couple fights and its been a while for ol fedor
jiujitsufreak74
10/21/07 4:20:52PM
i think hendo or filho would give him a good fight, hendo has a good chance of winning. as for kang, i believe he is overhyped and has to be careful in his fight coming up in K-1. right now, anderson silva is looking extremely dominant, but remember, so did AA, he was in this exact situation, running through all the ufc had to offer and then he lost to big tim. however, i don't see that happening o silva, he trains very hard for every fight and has respect for every fighter that steps in the cage with him. i see him running the MW division for all of 2008 unless hendo drops down or filho gets brought up, but even then hendo is really the only one who i feel can beat him. i know i might be getting a little ahead of myself, but i knwe he would dominate the ufc since the day they announced they signed him.
ncordless
10/21/07 5:24:38PM

Posted by cowcatcher

maybe he should be #1 p4p, the thing that hurts him is the fact that there is a lack of starpower at MW in the ufc.

I agree with you. I'd have a hard time ranking any MW as the top P4P in the world.

That said, Silva is amazing right now and if he can dust up some quality fights against fighters besides Marquardt and Ace I'd probably move him to no. 1
Copenhagen
10/21/07 6:39:09PM
So everyone moves Silva to their P4P #1 because he beat Franklin? He already beat Franklin, if he wasn't on your P4P #1 before this fight, I don't think you should move him there now.

warglory
10/21/07 7:15:56PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i think hendo or filho would give him a good fight, hendo has a good chance of winning. as for kang, i believe he is overhyped and has to be careful in his fight coming up in K-1. right now, anderson silva is looking extremely dominant, but remember, so did AA, he was in this exact situation, running through all the ufc had to offer and then he lost to big tim. however, i don't see that happening o silva, he trains very hard for every fight and has respect for every fighter that steps in the cage with him. i see him running the MW division for all of 2008 unless hendo drops down or filho gets brought up, but even then hendo is really the only one who i feel can beat him. i know i might be getting a little ahead of myself, but i knwe he would dominate the ufc since the day they announced they signed him.

I think fighters get overhyped all the time (i.e. Houston Alexander and Gonzaga), and I think that was the problem with fighters like AA and many others. However, if you examine Silva's game, there is little doubt that he could potentially take on any opponent with little weakness which is in stark contrast to people like Liddell, Gracie and AA, all of which have weaknesses.

SIlva is a proven completest, I think thats what makes him different.
jiujitsufreak74
10/21/07 8:08:02PM

Posted by warglory

I think fighters get overhyped all the time (i.e. Houston Alexander and Gonzaga), and I think that was the problem with fighters like AA and many others. However, if you examine Silva's game, there is little doubt that he could potentially take on any opponent with little weakness which is in stark contrast to people like Liddell, Gracie and AA, all of which have weaknesses.

SIlva is a proven completest, I think thats what makes him different.

i wasnt calling anderson overhyped, i was calling kang overhyped b/c he can very well lose his next fight to a respectable opponent. the point i was trying to get across is that silva seems to be an unstoppable fighter atm and i believe that he has no flaw in his game as of now. his JJ is solid and is standup is so cerebral, right now i only think that hendo would be able to beat him. As for my reference to AA i specifically said

"but remember, so did AA, he was in this exact situation, running through all the ufc had to offer and then he lost to big tim. however, i don't see that happening o silva, he trains very hard for every fight and has respect for every fighter that steps in the cage with him. i see him running the MW division for all of 2008 unless hendo drops down or filho gets brought up, but even then hendo is really the only one who i feel can beat him."
gamez0932
10/21/07 8:27:27PM
in my opinion i think rich was the only guy that could possibly beat silva right now. and he just got dominated. not as bad as the 1st fight, cause he looked way more comfortable. i wanted rich to win so bad...but the respect between them two is so great, thats how fighters are supossed to act. if anybodyhad to beat rich in his home town, im glas is was silva and not some loud mouth punk thinking there the greatest.
cmill21
10/21/07 8:44:50PM

Posted by gamez0932

in my opinion i think rich was the only guy that could possibly beat silva right now. and he just got dominated. not as bad as the 1st fight, cause he looked way more comfortable. i wanted rich to win so bad...but the respect between them two is so great, thats how fighters are supossed to act. if anybodyhad to beat rich in his home town, im glas is was silva and not some loud mouth punk thinking there the greatest.

No, Rich has nothing in his game thats better then Anderson. Hendo has the best chance, his chin, power, wrestling, and heart make him a threat to anyone at 185 and 205.
Pages: [1] 2