Anderson Silva to Give Up Middleweight title and make move to LHW permanent

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Anderson Silva to Give Up Middleweight title and make move to LHW permanent
« Previous Page
POLL: What career move would you like to see for Anderson Silva?
Keep middleweight belt and go after LHW title 43% (68)
Scrap middleweight belt and go after LHW title 26% (42)
Keep middleweight belt and fight at LHW but not Lyoto 16% (25)
Scrap middleweight belt and fight at LHW but not Lyoto 6% (9)
Stay at middleweight 4% (7)
Retire from MMA and go fight Roy Jones Jr. 5% (8)
jae_1833
8/10/09 2:16:15AM
Silva moves up....Machida moves down....they both remain Champions.... However if Silva doesn't pursue the belt at LHW (WTF!?) then the MW division is opened wide up...to bad the UFC doesn't belive in the Grand Prix!
State_Champ
8/10/09 8:10:23AM
I would like to see Silva try to hold both the MW and LHW titles simultaneously if only because it would be so historic. And I think it would make sense for him to try to be the first fighter in the UFC to have two belts at the same time if he is really interested in his legacy .
ncordless
8/10/09 11:40:39AM
Sounds to me like he is positioning himself to get out of his UFC obligations when his contract is up. If he is not the MW titleholder UFC cannot force him to renew or retire.

I wonder what he has planned? If it is Roy Jones Jr. I can't see why. Why anderson is obsessed with fighting an over the hill boxer is beyond me.

mrsmiley
8/10/09 2:11:46PM
Can't wait to see him against the whole run of LHW competition.
I'm officialy pumped!

Though I do want to see Hendo get one more shot at him.
haggiswashere
8/10/09 8:48:46PM
Hendo/Silva for his final Middleweight fight. After Hendo becomes a dominant champ im gonna get tired of hearing that if Anderson was still around he would destroy Hendo blah blah blah. He may destroy Hendo again, but then we would at least know for sure.
TimW001
8/11/09 2:37:23AM
I think this is so he no longer has a championship clause in his contract, so he can then use up the last fights and his contract expires. Then he can box RJJ.
Pages: 1 [2]