Anderson Silva Likely Out Until Early 2012 With Shoulder Injury

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Anderson Silva Likely Out Until Early 2012 With Shoulder Injury
FastKnockout
9/11/11 8:59:30PM
The news isn't exactly shocking, but it's still news - UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva will likely not be returning to the cage in 2011. Silva fought Yushin Okami at UFC 134 with a shoulder injury, and he needs time to let it heal. MMA Fighting has the news:

Anderson Silva's injured shoulder will most likely keep him out until early 2012, Silva's manager Ed Soares informed MMA Fighting on Saturday night.

Silva injured his shoulder in training for his UFC 134 fight against Yushin Okami last month, which he won via second-round TKO. There was some fear within his camp that he would have to undergo surgery, but Soares said Silva will simply need rehab to heal it.

LINK
Budgellism
9/11/11 9:09:25PM
Shitty. I was hoping he'd be thrown in as the main event for ufc 140
Twenty20Dollars
9/11/11 10:49:24PM
That's alright, he doesn't really have any challengers.
Budgellism
9/11/11 10:51:36PM
Sonnen/Stann winner if they're good to go
wgwolfordredux
9/11/11 11:04:47PM
I'd say he probably wouldn't have fought until February anyway, so it shouldn't make a huge difference. Sucks that he's hurt though. Anderson is my favorite fighter.
DeadHead988
9/11/11 11:48:48PM

Posted by wgwolfordredux

I'd say he probably wouldn't have fought until February anyway, so it shouldn't make a huge difference. Sucks that he's hurt though. Anderson is my favorite fighter.

My favorite is Jesus
fonduktoe
9/12/11 12:31:27AM
he actually hurt his shoulder by lifting up a school bus full of cancer-ridden children right before it crashed into a pet store full of catholic puppies. when the dust settled he cured all the children and than promptly launched into the air via ass-rainbows.
prozacnation1978
9/12/11 2:25:22AM
Probably super bowl weekend or even japan main event
icantthinkofanything
9/12/11 12:40:49PM
Hopefully he fights GSP or Jon Jones next or B4 he retires!!!

Shogun or Rashad Evans would work as well. The guy is past his prime in age, 30-33 is what I think of as a MW's prime. Silva looks preetty big at lhw, his lanky frame allows him to cut so much weight to mazke mw. GSP is small these days at ww, due to the weight cutting of the rest of the division, whereas he used to be one of the biggest. It makes sense for GSP to keep being the ww champ, and fight Silva in a 5 round, non title fight at a

Catchweight

Because if GSP fights at mw, and wins the title, he doesn't want to stay in that division, and both the Spider and GSP are trying to surpass the # of title defenses of each other.
Hendo67
9/12/11 1:06:34PM
One positive about this, it kind of sorts out the MW division and a number 1 contender will emerge (Not a number 3 contender, or number 4 contender) - Anderson would then get the true MW contender.
ghandikush
9/12/11 6:33:31PM

Posted by Hendo67

One positive about this, it kind of sorts out the MW division and a number 1 contender will emerge (Not a number 3 contender, or number 4 contender) - Anderson would then get the true MW contender.

In term of rankings. Both Chael and Stann are overratted imo. Chael got beat and then whooped as after trt use that he is no longer approved for.

Stann has yet to beat a true top guy and is nothing more than another Leitas/Hardy hype train.
jay98107
9/12/11 9:03:55PM

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by wgwolfordredux

My favorite is Jesus

For a guy with 666 posts, this is pretty ironic.
Poor_Franklin
9/12/11 9:48:05PM

Posted by jay98107

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by wgwolfordredux

My favorite is Jesus

good eye
DeadHead988
9/13/11 2:50:27AM

Posted by jay98107

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by wgwolfordredux

My favorite is Jesus

That is the coolest coincidence ever!!! Props for that excellent catch!!
Bubbles
9/13/11 12:45:31PM
just enough time to get ready for another ass kicking from Uncle Chael