Anderson Silva might kill Forrest Griffin at UFC 101

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Anderson Silva might kill Forrest Griffin at UFC 101
SmileR
6/27/09 9:46:22AM
“I try to tell the truth and use a little humor to talk about how I really feel. Like if I think you’re a [expletive] idiot, I’ll try to tell you in a funny way. I’m kind of kidding, but there’s also some truth to it…. I’m probably going to get hurt, if not die. This guy knows how to fight. The good news is, if I die, this book will sell a lot more copies and be worth more.”

Link
SmileR
6/27/09 9:48:12AM
I don't care if Forrest is the underdog, I'm picking him to win! He's my hero!
kopower
6/27/09 12:03:20PM
Gotta love Forrest. This fight should be a war. I'm rooting for Griffin but picking Silva.
SpiderSilva
6/27/09 3:36:43PM
The olny way forrest wins is the takedown and GnP otherwise he will be picked apart kind of like the way leban was I think this fight won't make it out of the 2nd Anderson Silva 2nd Rd TKO
Boo_Radley21
6/27/09 5:13:53PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

The olny way forrest wins is the takedown and GnP otherwise he will be picked apart kind of like the way leban was I think this fight won't make it out of the 2nd Anderson Silva 2nd Rd TKO

There is no way that Griffin will get picked apart the same way Leben did. Griffin is a much more technical striker and has way better movement. I think he'll beat Silva using his size and strength advantage. Griffin by either late TKO or decision from waring him down all fight long.
mikevolz
6/27/09 6:19:37PM
its a tough fight to call, in forrest's last few fights his hands and counter striking and footwork have been improving vastly.

his style now is somewhat similar to anderson's. its just that anderson is so much better at it and much faster with his kicks. I think anderson will have trouble fighting forrest on the feet.

the x factor in the fight is the workrate.

forrest has a workrate in his fights that is second to none in that weight class (which is unbelievable) and we have never seen silva with a workrate anywhere near that. Thales leites started making anderson work hard in on of the first few rounds of their fight and it looked like we might see the real cardio of silva, but leites stopped and started falling over.

if forrest griffin can put that work rate on silva early. and make silva wrestle with him for the first 2 rounds, he will win the fight by stoppage or decision. otherwise, silva will pick him apart and win by stoppage.
sclasclemski
6/27/09 6:22:25PM
Its gonna be an awesome fight...but in the end I think the real Anderson Silva will be forced to stand up and beat Forrest down....
SpiderSilva
6/27/09 7:02:07PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by SpiderSilva

There is no way that Griffin will get picked apart the same way Leben did. Griffin is a much more technical striker and has way better movement. I think he'll beat Silva using his size and strength advantage. Griffin by either late TKO or decision from waring him down all fight long.

Silva's stand up is still way better than Forrest and doesnt matter how forrest fights him standing Anderson is on a whole nother level. Forrest hasn't fought anyone with the stand up game that Silva has hell Rampage doesn't have the overall stand up game Anderson does. and one more thing he is coming back from a LONG layoff and some fighters well most seem to lose that first fight back. and it just so happens Forrest first fight back is vs the P4P best in the world
mentalcase
6/27/09 7:10:32PM
sounds like even forest knows hes gonna get destroyed
Pookie
6/27/09 7:17:44PM
Forrest Griffin taking down Anderson Silva? I doubt he can do it.
Jackelope
6/27/09 8:28:33PM
Hmm....Forrest doesn't have the wrestling to consistently put Anderson on his back, and he doesn't have the power to back him up on his feet.

I want to root for Forrest, but common sense assails my every thought.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
6/27/09 10:37:07PM
going for Forrest as always, no reason not to
sclasclemski
6/27/09 10:39:33PM
NO REASON...seriously...it's ANDERSON SILVA...
whardin19
6/27/09 11:44:06PM
Forrest just cracks me up. The guy is friggin hilarous. Definetally one of my favorites. Anderson may just kill him, but you know what. I don't care I'm still going to route (and pick Griffin on this site).

WAR FORREST GRIFFIN!!!
Boo_Radley21
6/28/09 12:19:38AM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by SpiderSilva

Silva's stand up is still way better than Forrest and doesnt matter how forrest fights him standing Anderson is on a whole nother level. Forrest hasn't fought anyone with the stand up game that Silva has hell Rampage doesn't have the overall stand up game Anderson does. and one more thing he is coming back from a LONG layoff and some fighters well most seem to lose that first fight back. and it just so happens Forrest first fight back is vs the P4P best in the world

How about an av bet?
AussiePride
6/28/09 6:36:23AM
I think Anderson is a little too big for his shoes, his last 2 fights he has been poor and innactive, he thinks hes the ****. Forrest will push the pace on Anderson and i think he is alot stronger than Silva. I dont think Anderson will pick Grif apart, i think it will be the toughest fight of andersons career. He wont break Griffins will, and he wont overpower him in any area. Tip Griffin to put Silva on his back and win via UD.
KaibaThedon
6/28/09 8:12:49AM
I'm not that technically good, I'm not that great, but I will fight anybody

gotta love Forrest

but Anderson Silva against someone who will stand and bang with him is so overs.
Sir_Karl
6/28/09 7:12:58PM
I see Griffin initiating the fight and getting put on queer street by Silva.
Griffin doesn't have much of a chin. Silva is going to daze him and finish him.
I don't see Griffin doing much other than getting destroyed.
Griffin doesn't have the standup, the footwork or the chin to beat Silva.
There is a slight chance Griffin's willingness to initiate could cause Anderson some trouble. There is a long shot that Griffin will KO Silva....a real long shot.
I see Griffin "missing" a lot in this fight. Anderson's superior standup and footwork should run circles around Griffin.
I see Anderson winning by KO or TKO in the first round or two.
Macheetah
6/28/09 7:44:06PM
Anderson killing Griffin made me lol. Griffin is as tough as they come, and probably one of the toughest in the whole sport. He will bring the fight and won't stop until the ref steps between them. He also has the tools to cause Anderson alot of trouble, it will be interesting. Probably the best fight Anderson has had since Franklin/Henderson.
mkiv9secsupra
6/28/09 11:16:20PM
For once Anderson wont be the bigger stronger fighter. I dont think this fight will be anywhere near one sided. Either Anderson by Sub or Griffin by UD imo. Should be a good fight.
GSPCanada
6/29/09 5:23:15AM
Alot of you guys are forgetting that anderson is a big guy a really really big guy for middleweight especially I heard somewhere he walks around at about 220 and hes probably walking around alot bigger since he knows he is fighting at 205, forrest wont be that much bigger than silva and you will see it come fight time, if anything anderson will be one of the bigger guys forrest has fought recently.

I love forrest, if u dont love forres6 theres something wrong with u, nothing wrong with routing for forrest, but if anyone puts money on forrest your out of your mind, he wont be able to stand with anderson thats the bottom line, i dont want to hear anything about leg kicks and that garbage is forrest one of the more technical if not even the most technical standup guy anderson has fought in recent memory? yes he could very well be. but anderson is the best striker in mma, period, and u cant tell me someone who is. as far as the ground game is, anderson has the more devastating gnp, just look at what he did to marquardt and henderson when he got on top, if forrest controls anderson for the first round anderson can take him down and do more damage in the further rounds. forrest has a good jiu jitsu game and very underrated but still, andersons is better

ive even heard someone mention the cardio debate, anderson is 1 of the hardeest working guys in the ufc we arent used to seeing it but have u ever seen anderson get tired...not even a little bit. the guys been training for 5 roudn fights for almost 3 full years now, forrest isnt going to be able to wear him out in 3 rounds.

forrets is a tremendous fighter and i expect him to bring the fight, but im afraid that the more he brings the fight the more anderson will bring it, anyone can beat anyone and forrest can do it, but stylistically anderson is better in every category
Shawn91111
6/30/09 4:13:16AM

Posted by GSPCanada

Alot of you guys are forgetting that anderson is a big guy a really really big guy for middleweight especially I heard somewhere he walks around at about 220 and hes probably walking around alot bigger since he knows he is fighting at 205, forrest wont be that much bigger than silva and you will see it come fight time, if anything anderson will be one of the bigger guys forrest has fought recently.

Yea, I didnt really see anyone forgetting that. Its pretty well known he cuts a lot to get to 185