Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones
POLL: Silva or Jones
Anderson Silva 24% (5)
Jon Jones 76% (16)
TeamDEY
3/22/11 9:43:16PM
Honestly who do you think would win?

I really have no idea. I def want to say Anderson but I was positive that Jones wasn't going to run through Shogun either. Whether Shogun looked bad or good (bad IMO) he still has never been dominated like what Jones did to him. I honestly at this point would lead toward Jones just because his wrestling is to good for Anderson.
postman
3/22/11 9:54:04PM
I don't know lets let him defend his belt before we put him in with Anderson. There are tons of good fights for him at 205 .
SackAttackJack
3/22/11 10:13:55PM
TBH, I think that this fight is much more likely than GSP/Silva. I'm gonna take Bones.
DeadHead988
3/22/11 10:15:10PM

Posted by SackAttackJack

TBH, I think that this fight is much more likely than GSP/Silva. I'm gonna take Bones.

TeamDEY
3/22/11 10:28:27PM

Posted by postman

I don't know lets let him defend his belt before we put him in with Anderson. There are tons of good fights for him at 205 .

I absolutely agree, we still don't even REALLY know what Jones is made of yet. I just see this very interesting if it happened now.
State_Champ
3/22/11 10:35:27PM
Jones would take Silva down and tool him, IMO
TS92turbo
3/22/11 10:36:18PM
Give Jones 3 more fights, then GSP will fight Silva, and if Silva wins, Jones fights Silva (Provided he still has the belt). Jones vs Spider for P4P Champ.
kingsmasher
3/31/11 1:47:26AM
I just dont see interest from GSP to fight Silva...and I am sure Silva looks at Jones as a bigger version of himself but a guy who can wrestle...
jgtribbett
3/31/11 1:57:33AM
it isn't so much hype as analytical reaconing. Look, Jon Jones hasn't fought someoen the caliber of Henderson, couture of Sonner (as far as wrestling goes). I want to see him against a successful and savvy Mixed Martial Artist with a prime wrestling backround. If we pwns them in wrestling, it just assures me of what I"m already thinking.
My guess is that Jones will be able to handle A. Silva's striking if for no other reason than his reach. In addition A. Silva will NOT! be able to stop his takedowns. I say Jones by GNP. 3 or 4th round TKO
DARRYL_Ledonne
3/31/11 8:54:54AM
Silva is cool