Somewhere between Anderson Silva and Jon Fitch, Yushin Okami looks to impress

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Somewhere between Anderson Silva and Jon Fitch, Yushin Okami looks to impress
prophecy033
3/1/13 3:51:12AM
By his own admission, Yushin Okami is still quite a few wins away from another shot at the UFC's middleweight belt. So with a wrestling-first fighting style that hasn't always proved overly crowd-pleasing, could Okami be in danger of becoming the middleweight division's Jon Fitch?

Link
Bubbles
3/1/13 8:58:59AM
if he loses, he's cut. If he isn't cut, then there is an obvious dislike towards Fitch
airkerma
3/1/13 11:05:31AM
I really hate that the atmosphere now is that the loser of this fight could be cut.
Bubbles
3/1/13 11:40:22AM

Posted by airkerma

I really hate that the atmosphere now is that the loser of this fight could be cut.

it could be better than Marquardt vs Okami with the "guaranteed" title shot stipulation....but yes it's a load of crap
BillsNewAccount
3/1/13 1:03:11PM
I think it's kind of bull shit fighters like Okami are pressured to change their winning fighting style to appease the fans. If they really want to make fights more exciting they should just change the way it is judged. If they judged guard as neutral, eliminated stand ups and gave points for submission attempts. I feel like fights from guard would be far more exciting.

Don't hate the player hate the game
JoeWarren33
3/1/13 5:56:30PM
I agree with Bills all the way on this.

Judging is a complete joke, and this should of been adressed years ago.
Corruption is killing the sport in my eyes, and will lose alot of long time fans due to it. Judges do not seem to know what they are actually scoring half the time. Look at Henderson/Lyoto. The agresser losses a fight, with pretty much the same strikes landed and takedowns.