anderson silva is not human!!!!!!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » anderson silva is not human!!!!!!!!
Next Page »
prozacnation1978
8/9/09 1:39:18AM
man that dude is the best period!!!
no man can touch him, you can run away and lose a decision or try to go toe to toe with him and end up with your eyes rolled to the back of your head
crazy fight!!! silva is one cocky dude!! i couldn't believe he was just standing there bobbing and weaving begging griffin to throw at him and he still missed silva, the fact he knocked him down 3 times, and the last with a light jab that my grandma could have thrown at him. silva clearly wanted to make a statement to the fans and ufc that he will dictate the fight!!!! he will end it when he wants too!!!!!!!!

sorry to see griffin lose, early report is he ran out cause he broke his jaw, but still a tad of unsportmanlike of his behalf if it was cause of shame!!

3more fights left for silva!!!!
i hope he leaves the ufc undefeated and best fighter ever to step into the octagon!!!!!!!!!!
vinny_cro_cop_q
8/9/09 2:16:36AM
seriously. He really just made me look at him completely differently. I picked against him for the last time. No one is beating this guy. I have a hard time seeing it. I really had faith that Forrest and others were gonna pull out the upset. Haha yeah didnt go to well. Silva is one scary dude. Wonder what Hendo is thinkin
mentalcase
8/9/09 2:22:52AM
No surprises here

seriously forest was destroyed by jardine and rashad and now after one of the p4p greats destroys him, some people are like omg shock and awe
kopower
8/9/09 2:41:58AM
I am so disappointed in Forrest. For him to run out of the ring like that is plain out wrong. I don't care if he has a broken jaw. I picked Silva to win by ko but not like that. I thought he was gonna drop Forrest and gnp his way to a tko. Forrest is my favorite fighter but I lost a bit of respect for him.
loonytnt
8/9/09 2:51:44AM
that wont happen to vito imo tho
slapshot
8/9/09 3:45:37AM

Posted by loonytnt

I agree 100% Vito would never get up after the first knockdown.
GrandMaster313
8/9/09 3:54:07AM

Posted by loonytnt

if your talking about Belfort idk, I think he is going 2 do well in the UFC. Might actually beat Silva......... Hmmm maybe not but I would love to see the fight !
Aaronno9
8/9/09 8:29:58AM
It just suprises me how hard the guy can freaking hit. Its like, everytime he lands a shot, no matter how much power he looks to put in, or what kind of angle he throws it from, it almost always backs the other guy up if it lands. Even Hendo. Guys a beast.
nickcuc547
8/9/09 8:38:19AM
ya for a second there I thought it was travis fulton and not forrest griffin, then I just realized that anderson is from another planet
State_Champ
8/9/09 9:34:16AM
Maybe the UFC should put Anderson Silva on the cover of UFC Undisputed .....
Anderson made Forrest look like such an amateur.
I'm always excited to see Anderson's next fight but I really don't care for a rematch with Hendo because I feel like Anderson will win again for sure, I'd be more interested in seeing a match with a new opponent.....like Belfort, or Rampage....
scobac
8/9/09 10:26:47AM
I never really put to much thought into silva wanting to box but after what I saw from him lastnight I like his chances to have a good career in that sport. His striking is on a different level than anyone else in mma and boxing is probably the only way he is going to get tested standing up.
Playground_Samurai
8/9/09 11:07:55AM
I'm surprised some of you are saying Forrest was disrespectful, but not mentioning the blatent disrespect Anderson was displaying during the fight.
cowcatcher
8/9/09 11:18:40AM

Posted by gspfan

I'm surprised some of you are saying Forrest was disrespectful, but not mentioning the blatent disrespect Anderson was displaying during the fight.

thats a great call man. this isnt the first time anderson has shown up his opponent in the cage either, this is a trend thats been happening his past few fights. thing is though, he can do that and still KO a guy that was a former champ one weight class higher than his and thats flat out ridiculous. it pisses me off to a point, but then i see him KO a guy when he has his hands at his sides and pure amazement takes over.
warglory
8/9/09 11:20:14AM

Posted by mentalcase

No surprises here

seriously forest was destroyed by jardine and rashad and now after one of the p4p greats destroys him, some people are like omg shock and awe

He also beat Rampage and Shogun, nice how you left that bit out.

Jardine caught him and he was beating Rashad until he was caught by him also. Forrest is a good fighter, and Anderson walked through him, that's why there's so much shock and awe.
scobac
8/9/09 11:41:20AM
I think forrest made a mistake by coming out and trying to go toe to toe with him, I understand he wanted a war with fireworks on the feet but why wouldnt he come with a better game plan im sure they could have put together a better one at xtreme couture than "stand there and get knocked out". It really pisses me off because it's no mystery as to where you dont want to fight anderson. I think sometimes you need to swallow your pride and fight smart.
fullfighting
8/9/09 11:46:25AM
The shock and awe of it isn't that Anderson won but how freaking easy he made it look. Forrest is the former 205 lb champ for crying out loud. If it didn't amaze you cool but I was blown away.
raymurda
8/9/09 11:47:44AM
silva showed amazing boxing skills that are proving to be better than any ground game in MMA. he is so slick throws such crisp punches its almost unreal. the man put his hand out to help forest up and forest grabed it.. he was in lala land and that "jab" that hit forest was a hell of a shot. he reminded me of the ice man, if you watch it in slow mo you see that "jab" utterly rocked forest brain. silva is p4p the best fighter in MMA hands down. fedor,torres, no1 can touch his dominace in his division. silva can be middle weight and LHW champ if he wants to. GSP would be destroyed, machida destroyed. no1 can touch him within 30 lbs.
cowcatcher
8/9/09 11:48:10AM

Posted by scobac

I think forrest made a mistake by coming out and trying to go toe to toe with him, I understand he wanted a war with fireworks on the feet but why wouldnt he come with a better game plan im sure they could have put together a better one at xtreme couture than "stand there and get knocked out". It really pisses me off because it's no mystery as to where you dont want to fight anderson. I think sometimes you need to swallow your pride and fight smart.

in forrests defense though, he had to be able to get inside without eating anything huge and it takes some feeling out to time a guy like silva because it only takes one good shot from him to end a fight as we saw. getting a TD or in position for a TD against a guy like him is incredibly difficult because you know whats coming on the way in and its not good for your face.
scobac
8/9/09 12:03:26PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by scobac

in forrests defense though, he had to be able to get inside without eating anything huge and it takes some feeling out to time a guy like silva because it only takes one good shot from him to end a fight as we saw. getting a TD or in position for a TD against a guy like him is incredibly difficult because you know whats coming on the way in and its not good for your face.

I agree with that without a doubt, but I didnt see anything indicate that forrest was going to do anything besides brawl with him. Although the fight wasnt long enough to draw a clear conclusion on it.
kopower
8/9/09 12:35:51PM
Is it just me or does Silva remind you of Muhammad Ali. Last night certainly looked that way. He also is right up there with Machida in taking minimal damage during his fights. I've said it before that Silva could fight every other month cause the man walks away with no damage
jawbreaker517
8/9/09 12:39:03PM
you're damn right! this dude is on another level than anyone i've seen. i was looking foward to this fight the most, and silva just toyed with him the whole tim e. for his next fight at 205, throw someone like rashad at his ass to see what happens. i don't even think rashad would get out of the first round. i can also see him capturing the 205 title. wouldn't that be a good fight, silva vs. machida?
anomoly
8/9/09 1:00:04PM
I think that Anderson is really on another level. this is what happens when potiential+knowledge+the right camp+lots and lots and lots of hard work.

i think that the best matchup for Anderson right now would be

ANDERSON vs MICHIDIA!!! that would be an AWESOME fight!
MisterFreeze
8/9/09 1:11:35PM

Posted by gspfan

It would only be disrespectful for Anderson to do the things he does in the octagon, if he were to lose.
Anderson has every right to disrespect his opponent by the very fact that he beats them.
Anderson has earned the right to be disrespectful.
zephead
8/9/09 1:34:31PM

Posted by MisterFreeze

Posted by gspfan

It would only be disrespectful for Anderson to do the things he does in the octagon, if he were to lose.
Anderson has every right to disrespect his opponent by the very fact that he beats them.

Sorry bro. Nobody has the right to disrespect people. That is a major problem with society
StriderXero
8/9/09 2:05:37PM

Posted by zephead

Posted by MisterFreeze

Posted by gspfan

Sorry bro. Nobody has the right to disrespect people. That is a major problem with society

I dont think Silva was being disrespectful. I think he was trying to put on a show for the fans (which he did). I thought it was entertaining. When someone like Rashad does it while getting his A$$ kicked, then you should be like "is this guy just flat out stupid"
imanidiot777
8/9/09 2:07:34PM

Posted by scobac

There is no place to fight Anderson is ground game is dangerous as hell from the bottom.
imanidiot777
8/9/09 2:10:12PM

Posted by StriderXero

Posted by zephead

Posted by MisterFreeze

Posted by gspfan

I dont think Silva was being disrespectful. I think he was trying to put on a show for the fans (which he did). I thought it was entertaining. When someone like Rashad does it while getting his A$$ kicked, then you should be like "is this guy just flat out stupid"

The only disrespectful things you can do in a fight are A) spanking your opponent such as Couture did to Tito and B) bitch slapping them.......dropping your hands is for show and puts you at more risk for doing it, he shows tremendous class before and after the fights so I just take it as show.
MisterFreeze
8/9/09 2:13:27PM

Posted by zephead

Posted by MisterFreeze

Posted by gspfan

If you were standing in the Octagon directly across from Anderson Silva, I bet you would change your opinion real quick...
george112
8/9/09 2:26:56PM

Posted by raymurda

silva showed amazing boxing skills that are proving to be better than any ground game in MMA. he is so slick throws such crisp punches its almost unreal. the man put his hand out to help forest up and forest grabed it.. he was in lala land and that "jab" that hit forest was a hell of a shot. he reminded me of the ice man, if you watch it in slow mo you see that "jab" utterly rocked forest brain. silva is p4p the best fighter in MMA hands down. fedor,torres, no1 can touch his dominace in his division. silva can be middle weight and LHW champ if he wants to. GSP would be destroyed, machida destroyed. no1 can touch him within 30 lbs.

i dont think Machida would be destroyed.
prozacnation1978
8/9/09 8:10:56PM
silva baited him in and it worked, he gave what the fans wanted.. another nasty ko
Pages: [1] 2