Anderson Silva vs GSP...or Jones?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Anderson Silva vs GSP...or Jones?
POLL: Who do you want A. Silva to fight?
Gsp 33% (6)
Bones Jones 67% (12)
Biggz
3/23/11 7:29:02PM
With how good Bones looked against Rua, what fight would you rather see? Anderson Silva vs Gsp or Bones. This is just for fun. I understand that Bones probably needs a few more wins, and that is IF Silva will go up (he has stated recently that he is happy at MW)

So as a fan, who would you rather see fight Silva?
sbulldavid
3/23/11 8:31:56PM
Honestly neither, I want to see him compete at 205 on a regular basis, and see what happens down the road. I think he'll fight Okami and then maybe Shogun and possibly a permanent move up or retirement.
TS92turbo
3/23/11 9:10:45PM
I say GSP first for UFC p4p championship, then bones for light heavyweight championship, and if he wins, retirement.
State_Champ
3/23/11 9:12:32PM
Due to their wrestling, I think I might pick either one of them over Anderson.

However, I would be much more likely to pick Jones over Anderson than GSP over Anderson.
marcoDGK
3/24/11 1:04:41AM

Posted by sbulldavid

Honestly neither, I want to see him compete at 205 on a regular basis, and see what happens down the road. I think he'll fight Okami and then maybe Shogun and possibly a permanent move up or retirement.

absolutely! That would be so much fun to see.
TeamDEY
3/24/11 1:23:55AM
At this point I am very very curious about Silva vs Jones, but at this point i would still have to say Anderson Silva vs GSP. This fight needs to happen and should happen.
Budgellism
3/24/11 3:13:49AM
Where's the neither option? From the recent articles it seems like GSP doesn't want to leave WW, he wants a catchweight fight and honestly Silva is a big enough middleweight as it is. He'd be too scrawny at say 175, not to mention the cut would suck. I feel like it might hurt his performance.

I want him to stay at Middleweight until he retires or permanently go up to LHW and fight someone better than Griffin, perhaps a wrestler of some sort before he gets fed to Jones. Middleweight would be the better option. He's going to retire as a legend in the sport, he doesn't need to go in there against Jones, a guy that will destroy him or GSP, a guy that could potentially be too much for a drained Silva. I'd be happy to see him fight Okami and Sonnen again. I know a lot of people would disagree. Just my opinion.