Anderson Silva Gives More Details on His Fight With Demian Maia

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Anderson Silva Gives More Details on His Fight With Demian Maia
runningman08
4/21/10 11:48:32AM
Q: But don’t you think you exaggerated with the provocations?

Silva: You dump, inside the octagon, all the tensions that have build up in the months prior to the fight. This is not an excuse, you let all that go inside the ring. The way that I found to do that is what’s causing all these controversies. I did things that I never saw me doing. That’s when people started saying: "This guy is crazy, he’s just fooling around!". There, at that moment, it was me letting go of three or four months of accumulations.

Rest of Q&A interview -Here-
Wallass
4/21/10 1:04:23PM
This has been done to death, no one cares Anderson!
NatedawgThaM
4/21/10 1:56:49PM
I'm starting to become more forgiving of UFC 112 not because of anything he's saying, but just look at the style match up's. Same thing with the Thales fight. You over-commit and make one mistake like in any MMA fight they could rip a limb off. He did what he had to do to win.

It wasn't his fault in the Thales fight that since Thales couldn't get him down he kept running away. Its not his job to chase him down either, he's the champion so if Thales really wanted it he could have came after it. The Maia fight I would have rather watched then Strikeforce the other day. I know it was disrespectful to taunt him, but Muhammad Ali did that all the time, it was entertaining at least. It wasn't that bad of a fight. Some people over exaggerate it.

Bottomline, I think he's going to absolutely destroy Chael kind of like he did to Forrest. I hardly give Chael a chance because Hendo could hardy even hold him down who's much bigger and stronger then Chael. I think Anderson will be a man on a mission and absolutely just run right through him especially since Chael is going to show him the meaning of disrespect with all the pre-fight stuff. I hope Anderson destroys him. I rather Anderson taunt in the ring then have Chael be as disrespectful as he is just to get attention. That's not classy at all, Anderson was just having fun in the ring. Can't wait for Vitor-Anderson. Now thats a war i'm waiting to see. neither will back down. Can't wait!
BlueSkiesBurn
4/21/10 5:29:54PM
This subject pretty much hurts my head at this point.
warglory
4/21/10 7:15:15PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I'm starting to become more forgiving of UFC 112 not because of anything he's saying, but just look at the style match up's. Same thing with the Thales fight. You over-commit and make one mistake like in any MMA fight they could rip a limb off. He did what he had to do to win.

It wasn't his fault in the Thales fight that since Thales couldn't get him down he kept running away. Its not his job to chase him down either, he's the champion so if Thales really wanted it he could have came after it. The Maia fight I would have rather watched then Strikeforce the other day. I know it was disrespectful to taunt him, but Muhammad Ali did that all the time, it was entertaining at least. It wasn't that bad of a fight. Some people over exaggerate it.

Bottomline, I think he's going to absolutely destroy Chael kind of like he did to Forrest. I hardly give Chael a chance because Hendo could hardy even hold him down who's much bigger and stronger then Chael. I think Anderson will be a man on a mission and absolutely just run right through him especially since Chael is going to show him the meaning of disrespect with all the pre-fight stuff. I hope Anderson destroys him. I rather Anderson taunt in the ring then have Chael be as disrespectful as he is just to get attention. That's not classy at all, Anderson was just having fun in the ring. Can't wait for Vitor-Anderson. Now thats a war i'm waiting to see. neither will back down. Can't wait!

You can certainly make this argument in reference to the Thales Leites fight, but let's not kid ourselves here, Demian was more than willing to try and engage with Anderson and even landed a few good punches. Anderson, especially for the first two rounds, could have ended it any time he wanted to, and because of this, he showed massive disrespect to the fans, Demian, and even to those who trained him.
MaxOne
4/21/10 10:27:02PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I prefer the strikeforce event (minus the stupid brawl) to the silva/maia fight all day. Anderson ran away from him and acted like it was maia that wasn't engaging.
chickmagnet
4/23/10 3:14:25PM
Chael will be the new champ