Anderson Silva vs Georges St. Pierre

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Anderson Silva vs Georges St. Pierre
jmac
5/3/08 12:28:14PM
Besides Randy vs Fedor, this is my dream match up. My money would be on St. Pierre. He can seemingly do anything; Stand up, striking, his ground game is awsome, as he showed in his last match with matt hughes. I don't think that Silva's clinch game would hold up against St. Pierre, but it would be one awsome fight!
mikek32293
5/3/08 12:36:32PM
aaa9erh8er
5/3/08 1:07:17PM
i love gsp. but i think the size and superior striking of silva would be to much for him. the other thing is if gsp pulls gaurd anderson has those long ass legs and he can triangle anoone. altho id love to see it none the less and im not saying gsp cant win but i dont see it honestly. butid love to see him do it
ChokeUout
5/3/08 1:52:32PM
jae_1833
5/3/08 2:25:48PM
If this fight ever happened then because of GSP's mental strength I will have to pick Anderson by 1st round OWNERSHIP!!
Coloss
5/3/08 2:31:17PM
I was worried.., for the last 2 days no one has posted a thread with this name...
NatedawgThaM
5/3/08 2:34:34PM
Anderson Silva 2nd Round Submission.

1st RD: They come out, Anderson throws those crisp jabs and straights chasing GSP around the octagon. Anderson throws a kick, GSP stops running, catches it and takes him down, Anderson immediately pulls butterfly. Anderson controls him, looks like LNP/Light GNP. GSP looks to pass to half guard, Silva takes his back similar to the Hendo fight except GSP is on his face and Anderson is pounding away but the horn saves him.

2nd RD: GSP trys to strike with him, Anderson rocks him with those accurate straight punches, throws vicious knees to the body and one to the head, GSP drops down and shoots, takes Anderson down. GSP goes to pass again but immediately gets the same result as last time. Anderson pounds away while he locks in the figure four to the body. Pounds away untiil he eventually locks in the RNC.

I don't see this being very competitive at all unless GSP is satisfied with LNP/Light GNP.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/3/08 2:35:18PM

Posted by Coloss

I was worried.., for the last 2 days no one has posted a thread with this name...

gravy13
5/3/08 2:53:54PM
Why is there so much talk of this fight? Just wondering.....

Btw, Silva would win by TKO in the 1st or 2nd round.
Webbie
5/5/08 2:22:59AM
I think some people underestimate how much of a war this fight could truly turn out to be.

It's difficult to call. IMO, if Travis Lutter has the ability to take Silva down at will when he's not even in top form than GSP should be able to secure takedowns on Silva as well. However, after getting Silva to the ground, who knows how much damage he can inflict. Lutter eventually gained mount and was landing some punches on Silva, and St. Pierre has a remarkable ability to pass. Still, Silva likely has the advantage in the submission department, and his overall ground technique is likely more advanced than St. Pierre's. He can probably control GSP from his back, but it's impossible to determine without the fight actually taking place. If GSP can't do anything on top of Silva than I'm not sure I see him just laying on Silva for twenty five minutes in a boring fight to earn a decision by LNP. I believe he'd rather take his chances with trying to put Silva up against the cage and work from there or strike with him a bit, and this is where I see GSP's ultimate downfall come in.

I'd predict that if GSP could get him down at will, do some damage with his ground and pound, and also had the ability to pin Silva against the cage and inflict some serious punishment, it's possible that he could either earn a decision or get a TKO on the ground at some point. Still, even though St. Pierre is a hell of an athlete, I believe Silva's striking would be way too much for him and I don't think he'd fair all that well in the clinch either. In all likelihood, IMO, Silva would take this fight via TKO in the second or third round.
atlas777
5/5/08 10:56:20AM
Anderson would KO St.Pierre by the second nobody even gsp can hang with him. Silva is way to powerful and his striking is phenominal hes got an excellent ground game and IMO he would punish gsp anywhere the fight went but i dont think gsp would be able to get it to the ground and if he did it would only be him on the ground ktfo
mrliquid
5/5/08 7:17:06PM
This fight would never happen and if it did Anderson would outstrike GSP and beat him on the ground his size would be to much for GSP to handle.
Thunderfighting
6/20/08 11:27:24PM
Anderson's knees >>> <<<< GSP's head. Nuff said.
89vision
6/20/08 11:36:26PM
Anderson by spider bites
89vision
6/20/08 11:37:45PM

Posted by Webbie

I think some people underestimate how much of a war this fight could truly turn out to be.

It's difficult to call. IMO, if Travis Lutter has the ability to take Silva down at will when he's not even in top form than GSP should be able to secure takedowns on Silva as well. However, after getting Silva to the ground, who knows how much damage he can inflict. Lutter eventually gained mount and was landing some punches on Silva, and St. Pierre has a remarkable ability to pass. Still, Silva likely has the advantage in the submission department, and his overall ground technique is likely more advanced than St. Pierre's. He can probably control GSP from his back, but it's impossible to determine without the fight actually taking place. If GSP can't do anything on top of Silva than I'm not sure I see him just laying on Silva for twenty five minutes in a boring fight to earn a decision by LNP. I believe he'd rather take his chances with trying to put Silva up against the cage and work from there or strike with him a bit, and this is where I see GSP's ultimate downfall come in.

I'd predict that if GSP could get him down at will, do some damage with his ground and pound, and also had the ability to pin Silva against the cage and inflict some serious punishment, it's possible that he could either earn a decision or get a TKO on the ground at some point. Still, even though St. Pierre is a hell of an athlete, I believe Silva's striking would be way too much for him and I don't think he'd fair all that well in the clinch either. In all likelihood, IMO, Silva would take this fight via TKO in the second or third round.

i commend honesty from someone with an avatar of the person your talking about

JimiMak
6/21/08 11:35:55AM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by Coloss

Beat me to it.

btw, GSP stands no chance. Notice AS is moving UP not down.