Anderson Silva to face loser of Light Heavyweight Clash

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Anderson Silva to face loser of Light Heavyweight Clash
Next Page »
Wolfenstein
11/23/08 8:04:30PM
ANDERSON SILVA will top the bill at UFC 95 in London, SunSport understands.

But the 33-year-old Muay Thai master will NOT face light heavyweight superstar Chuck Liddell.

Instead, we can reveal matchmaker Joe Silva is considering offering the Brazilian a fight with the loser of one of the two big light heavyweight clashes taking place at UFC 92 on December 27.

link
EvenFlow
11/23/08 8:06:36PM
Anderson vs Rashad pleasseeeee
emac_cleary
11/23/08 8:08:21PM
for some reason i though they meant loser of wandy and rampage
grappler0000
11/23/08 8:11:07PM

Posted by emac_cleary

for some reason i though they meant loser of wandy and rampage

Could be the loser of that fight as well...I'm assuming it will depend on who's more injury free.
HumanTarget
11/23/08 8:20:21PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Why? Rashad would be finished fast. Why not Rampage or Wandy?
GrandMaster313
11/23/08 8:34:04PM
Im calling it right now!!!!!!

SILVA VS SILVA!!!!!!!!!!!!
PaleHorse
11/23/08 8:40:58PM

Posted by HumanTarget

Posted by EvenFlow

To prove that Rashad isn't even a top 5.
king_katool
11/23/08 9:13:20PM

Posted by PaleHorse

Posted by HumanTarget

Posted by EvenFlow

im gona be so happy when rashad wins the belt all you haters can finally STFU, im so sick of hearing how hes not a top 5 or top 10 top W/E in the months too come the beast that is rashad evans is going to shock the hell out of alot of you, hopefully you blinding hate for him will let you see he's the future of the division
Solidus
11/23/08 9:28:39PM
That's gonna be bad for whoever loses their fight....to set them up for another loss. If Wand or Rampage loses twice in a row it could be very bad for their careers
Muay-Thai_Mogwai
11/23/08 9:29:29PM
Either Forrest or Rashad will do just fine, ive been waiting for both of them to get KTFO. Although Wandy and Page would be good fight with the spider.
EvenFlow
11/23/08 9:35:17PM

Posted by HumanTarget

Posted by EvenFlow

lol do i really have to explain, its not obvious i want him to lose to anderson
imanidiot777
11/23/08 9:36:27PM

Posted by king_katool

Posted by PaleHorse

Posted by HumanTarget

Posted by EvenFlow

im gona be so happy when rashad wins the belt all you haters can finally STFU, im so sick of hearing how hes not a top 5 or top 10 top W/E in the months too come the beast that is rashad evans is going to shock the hell out of alot of you, hopefully you blinding hate for him will let you see he's the future of the division

Are you even suggesting he could beat Anderson Silva?

EvenFlow
11/23/08 9:37:40PM

Posted by king_katool

Posted by PaleHorse

Posted by HumanTarget

Posted by EvenFlow

says the guy with teh chuck av, i bet you thought he was getting teh belt back right? trhen rashad khtfo, i must say im not a fan of rashad but i was happy when that happened, no undeserving title shot for chuck anymore (at least at LH)
king_katool
11/23/08 9:59:49PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by king_katool

Posted by PaleHorse

Posted by HumanTarget

Posted by EvenFlow

says the guy with teh chuck av, i bet you thought he was getting teh belt back right? trhen rashad khtfo, i must say im not a fan of rashad but i was happy when that happened, no undeserving title shot for chuck anymore (at least at LH)

no im not suggesting rashad beats the spider, im a fan not an idoit and my av was suppose to be a gif but was too big and i nvr bothered to change it , take a closer look, chucks about to goto sleep
Pookie
11/23/08 10:45:46PM
I hope he fights rampage as opposed to rashad(i could very well be wrong, but i have both picked to lose).

Rampage IMO can make for a very very interesting fight against Silva.
No one in the division has the Chin/Stand-up defense that he does. If anybody could go toe to toe with silva and frustrate silva's style its him.
ChBubbaBoe
11/23/08 10:55:03PM
Rashad has all the tools to beat anderson, just watch andersons fight with takase or hendo even. I believe Rashad can easily outwrestle Anderson and if you think he cant then your blinded.
haggiswashere
11/23/08 10:57:27PM

Posted by Solidus

That's gonna be bad for whoever loses their fight....to set them up for another loss. If Wand or Rampage loses twice in a row it could be very bad for their careers

I agree. and that would be 3 in a row for page.....
Pookie
11/23/08 10:59:06PM

Posted by ChBubbaBoe

Rashad has all the tools to beat anderson, just watch andersons fight with takase or hendo even. I believe Rashad can easily outwrestle Anderson and if you think he cant then your blinded.

You have to be blind to think you can beat anderson silva just by outwrestling him.
haggiswashere
11/23/08 11:02:27PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by ChBubbaBoe

You have to be blind to think you can beat anderson silva just by outwrestling him.

for real He has been outwrestled many times and will usually sub or get back up.
Naturaldisaster
11/23/08 11:29:50PM
anderson vs rampage, im tellin ya
warglory
11/23/08 11:32:14PM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

anderson vs rampage, im tellin ya

This would be a tough fight for Anderson, I am sure of that.
StorminYourman
11/24/08 12:49:28AM

Posted by GrandMaster313

]
Pookie
11/24/08 12:57:11AM

Posted by StorminYourman

Posted by GrandMaster313

]

Let me guess - Cruise control for cool?
MMAcca
11/24/08 1:19:37AM
I don't want to ruin it for everyone, because i really hope Silva fights one of these guys too, BUT.......

The Sun/Sunsport (a UK newspaper) is well known for just making things up! They regularly just invent stories for their paper (i know, what newspaper doesn't. But these guys are BAD!) They've been covering MMA for quite a few months now and i've already seen more lies and invented match-ups started by them than any other website that i frequent.

Just a warning to all, it might seem like great news to post at the time, but it will more than likely never happen......

Anybody from the UK wanna back me up on this ?
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
11/24/08 1:48:09AM

Posted by ChBubbaBoe

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
StorminYourman
11/24/08 1:49:44AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by StorminYourman

Posted by GrandMaster313

]

Let me guess - Cruise control for cool?

lol
haggiswashere
11/24/08 3:19:27AM
does anyone else kinda feel like this is a waste of his five potential "superfights"
Aaronno9
11/24/08 3:24:18AM

Posted by MMAcca

I don't want to ruin it for everyone, because i really hope Silva fights one of these guys too, BUT.......

The Sun/Sunsport (a UK newspaper) is well known for just making things up! They regularly just invent stories for their paper (i know, what newspaper doesn't. But these guys are BAD!) They've been covering MMA for quite a few months now and i've already seen more lies and invented match-ups started by them than any other website that i frequent.

Just a warning to all, it might seem like great news to post at the time, but it will more than likely never happen......

Anybody from the UK wanna back me up on this ?

Yup yup. My excitement meter drained as soon as i saw who printed the story lol.
Gipper
11/24/08 8:17:33AM
i think all 4 pose a serious problem for a.silva
Pyrenus
11/24/08 9:20:18AM
Shad over Forrest
Wandy over Page

So Silva vs Forrest or Rampage?
Pages: [1] 2