anderson silva was exposed

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » anderson silva was exposed
TheHitmanTL
7/4/07 6:38:48PM
i dont know about you but when he fought an overweight lutter that didnt have much motivation anderson was losing that fight and had the belt been on the line? lutter wouldve won...andersons weakness is obviusly his wrestling...but on the other hand he is a bjj black belt....if marquardt can strike with silva and take him down and utilize his gnp there is no way silva will win....if im not mistaken i believe marquardt has a belt in bjj (if he does please post what belt he has)definetley silva was exposed during the lutter fight and i think marquardt takes this one.....think about it...hes a world class striker with a good ground game...idk but this is a bad fight for silva.......
DangerousDjohn
7/4/07 7:39:31PM
Nate can't strike with Anderson. Not many can. Nate can take him on the ground, but I think Anderson will control the fight.
tberg420
7/4/07 7:40:14PM
Didn't news come out that Silva had both knees operated on a couple of weeks before the fight? Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that either Joe Rogan said that or it was reported on UFCJunkie.com.
puppetmaster837
7/4/07 9:00:39PM
Silva did have two bad knees during the fight, and still won by triangle choke by using them. And Marquardt is a BJJ black belt also.
warglory
7/4/07 9:03:24PM
We can all speculate all night long about Anderson's weaknesses against wrestlers (or anyone else for that matter), but the bottom line is Anderson beat Lutter via submission, I don't know how you can say if the belt was on the line Lutter would have won.
kaduey
7/4/07 10:07:10PM

Posted by warglory

We can all speculate all night long about Anderson's weaknesses against wrestlers (or anyone else for that matter), but the bottom line is Anderson beat Lutter via submission, I don't know how you can say if the belt was on the line Lutter would have won.

Yeah! And from what I could tell Lutter was getting most of his takedowns from Silva going for risky moves like flying knees and more aggresive attacking. Ibelive Silva was so aggresive because he knew Lutter was weakened.
marketmaven
7/4/07 11:57:38PM
Should be a good match. I think we tend to underestimate Andersons ground game, but perhaps its because Nate has shown quite adept at the ground. I dont think he is as good on the ground as Travis Lutter though. I think Anderson will take it, and I think he'll win by KO in one of the first three rounds. Nate's only chance is some sort of ground and pound against the cage or getting Anderson's back and getting a submission. I'll agree also that the longer the fight goes on (4th round and even fifth), the odds start moving towards Nate the great.
MMA
7/5/07 12:01:15AM
He was not really exposed during that fight, most people knew that he had terrible wrestling skills.
johny_rotten
7/5/07 12:06:35AM

Posted by kaduey

Posted by warglory

Yeah! And from what I could tell Lutter was getting most of his takedowns from Silva going for risky moves like flying knees and more aggresive attacking. Ibelive Silva was so aggresive because he knew Lutter was weakened.

THANK YOU!!! I am so sick of the "Anderson exposed" talk. He secured two take downs. One was from a flying knee, and the 2nd was from a partial block of a round house. Then look at what happened when Anderson was taken down. The first time he reversed the position, and got back to his feet. The 2nd time he created space and kicked Lutter in the head almost knocking him out. All that exposes to me is that Anderson is almost as dangerous on the ground as he is on his feet. That is a scary Fing thought.

Don't get me wrong Nate is no joke. He is a threat to anyone at 185. If he wins though is won't be because Lutter exposed anything. Anderson will get off a couple times at least while standing. When it hits the ground it will be a chess match between two guys that have a lot of skills on the ground.

PS Yes Rogan said after at UFC 72 that Anderson had knee surgery. I guess that fight against Lutter did exposes something. With all the talk of how Lutter couldn't make weight and yada yada. Anderon not once mentioned how he was injured comming in to that fight, and despite the injury accepted the fight even when it wasn't for the title. It exposed that Anderson has the heart of a true champion.
richieb19
7/5/07 12:06:48AM

Posted by MMA

He was not really exposed during that fight, most people knew that he had terrible wrestling skills.

True, but you have to realize that most people (although they will never admit it) have only really seen Anderson 3 times...
Tons33
7/5/07 12:20:59AM
I cant wait till nate goes in for a shot and my boy silva drops him with a knee to the face.
Manfred
7/5/07 12:22:21AM
I have no shame, I only saw the Chonan fight before Leben. But after I went and found some others. For anyone who doesn't know about the level of Silva's striking, (besides the Mauy thai) wathc this little gem
johny_rotten
7/5/07 12:46:29AM

Posted by Manfred

I have no shame, I only saw the Chonan fight before Leben. But after I went and found some others. For anyone who doesn't know about the level of Silva's striking, (besides the Mauy thai) wathc this little gem

That KO is priceless. To those that haven't seen more Anderson you need to watch Pride 21 and Pride 25. He almost decapitates Newton and Steibling. I would also get Cage Rage 8. Anderson dismantles Lee Murray who many thought(if it wasn't for his run in with the law) could have have been the next big thing at 185.
richieb19
7/5/07 12:51:39AM

Posted by johny_rotten

Posted by Manfred

That KO is priceless. To those that haven't seen more Anderson you need to watch Pride 21 and Pride 25. He almost decapitates Newton and Steibling. I would also get Cage Rage 8. Anderson dismantles Lee Murray who many thought(if it wasn't for his run in with the law) could have have been the next big thing at 185.

Newton was winning that fight too...
CacophonyKid
7/5/07 2:32:36AM
I believe Marquardt at one point said he wanted to keep the battle standing. He's a moron if that's his strategy and I can't wait to see him get destroyed.
Manfred
7/5/07 2:36:59AM

Posted by CacophonyKid

I believe Marquardt at one point said he wanted to keep the battle standing. He's a moron if that's his strategy and I can't wait to see him get destroyed.

Disinformation probably. These days no one gives away their stategy unless they are looking to lose. (Refer Tim, CC, GSP)
TOMMYAYO05
7/5/07 3:54:54AM
Silva by tko plain and simple.
zephead
7/5/07 8:46:01AM
If Nate can't get the fight down, he loses. He gets the fight down he wins. I'm looking for a upset.
Signal2112
7/5/07 9:53:35AM

Posted by CacophonyKid

it could all just be spiel and headgames...but if he did try to stand up with Silva he would get beaten black and blue, thats for sure.
kaduey
7/5/07 10:27:40AM
I'm actually suprised that so many people are giving Nate a chance. I don't see how his ground skills are much superior to Anderson's, his stand-up is definately know where near, and he may have better wrestling but Nate is not very big for a middeweight so his strength isn't exactly imposing.
owen1
7/5/07 10:39:57AM
how was anderson exposed in that fight when he had double knee surgery a few weeks before the fight and still won by triangle choke.you could see aswell he couldnt squeeze that tight with the triangle cause of his knees
komodo20
7/5/07 1:29:06PM
Nate Marquardt is going to want to strike with Silva and he is just going to knock him out.
jocksmall
7/5/07 1:54:40PM

Posted by TheHitmanTL

i dont know about you but when he fought an overweight lutter that didnt have much motivation anderson was losing that fight and had the belt been on the line? lutter wouldve won...andersons weakness is obviusly his wrestling...but on the other hand he is a bjj black belt....if marquardt can strike with silva and take him down and utilize his gnp there is no way silva will win....if im not mistaken i believe marquardt has a belt in bjj (if he does please post what belt he has)definetley silva was exposed during the lutter fight and i think marquardt takes this one.....think about it...hes a world class striker with a good ground game...idk but this is a bad fight for silva.......

since when is nate a world class striker?
anderson is the world class striker, nates advantage will have to be on the ground. ill have to disagree with you and i believe you didnt put a whole lot of thought into your post. anderson is a good sized favorite here
Kastro
7/6/07 3:02:13PM

Posted by TheHitmanTL

I agree with you, I got Nate Marquardt for this one too.. he is a very bad match-up for Silva IMO..

We will see tomorrow night =D
jeremygreen
7/6/07 3:26:42PM
I have a feeling their gonig to stand up for about a minute, then Nate is going to take Silva done and ground and pound him for a tko or unanimous decision.
masodd
7/6/07 10:20:35PM
i dont really think lutter exposed anything but no take down defense, but it did show everyone that silva is dangerous from anywhere. if lutter would have been in shape , when he mounted it would have been over we would be watching lutter vs. marquardt instead of silva vs marquardt , i think lutter will be back because he found out that he can hang with the big dogs
iwannabesedated
7/7/07 11:45:25AM

Posted by marketmaven

Should be a good match. I think we tend to underestimate Andersons ground game, but perhaps its because Nate has shown quite adept at the ground. I dont think he is as good on the ground as Travis Lutter though.

a 7 time king of pancrase .Nate wold kill Lutter on the ground..Not takin anything away from Silva...but Lutter couldve finished that fight if he trained made weight and had proper motivation...Like Nate will have for this fight...
GWD
7/7/07 3:49:12PM
Peep this sh*t out.
Here's exactly how deadly the kick of Andersen was versus Okami.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LhQmCJbVB0