Anderson Silva Embraces The Challenge of Fighting Rich Franklin

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Anderson Silva Embraces The Challenge of Fighting Rich Franklin
AmericanFighterAce
8/28/07 10:29:04AM
UFC 77 in Cincinnati, Ohio, is dubbed “Hostile Territory” for a reason: Former middleweight champion and hometown hero, Rich Franklin, will look to reclaim his 185-pound title from current titleholder, Anderson Silva.

The October 20 showdown at the U.S. Bank Arena will be almost exactly one year to the day that “The Spider” crushed “Ace” en route to championship glory at UFC 64: “Unstoppable” on October 14, 2006.

Franklin/Silva 77
Mei-Mei
8/28/07 1:48:26PM
Can't wait for this fight. I'll be there live and that crowd is going to go crazy for Rich, but after the fight will be stunned. Silva 1st round KO!
alvin
8/28/07 2:40:59PM
Section 6 row 4 baby! I guess the ufc keeps rows 1-3 for themselves. Couldn't find them anywhere. My prediction that this might be the highest grossing UFC event of all time may just come true. It's almost sold out according to the Cincinnati Enquirer and is on pace to smash the Columbus events sell out time. We'll see in the coming days. GO RICH!
AmericanFighterAce
8/28/07 3:09:13PM

Posted by alvin

Section 6 row 4 baby! I guess the ufc keeps rows 1-3 for themselves. Couldn't find them anywhere. My prediction that this might be the highest grossing UFC event of all time may just come true. It's almost sold out according to the Cincinnati Enquirer and is on pace to smash the Columbus events sell out time. We'll see in the coming days. GO RICH!

I think they said 11,000 tickets were sold by yesterday.

I think they said 5,000 were due to Fight Club..
loonytnt
8/28/07 5:06:04PM
gol get your belt rich
Jackelope
8/28/07 5:07:37PM
This one is going to be a lot closer than the last one. I don't even know who to pick, although I'm scared to bet against Silva
punisher
8/28/07 7:18:35PM
Im with rich franklin all the way, he will win by going to the cards or he will get a nice strike in and stun anderson and tko silva some time durning the fight
jae_1833
8/28/07 11:31:57PM
I hope rich wins, but wouldn't bet on it...he should try and GNP his ass though, his defense for it is lacking.
vcr88
8/28/07 11:36:42PM
Once again another person is criticizing Silva for his ground defense which he has proven already is one of the best in his weight class. I dont think normal GnP would get Silva unless awesomely set up but with Silva's long legs i dont think thatll happen.
Jackelope
8/28/07 11:37:25PM
I thought I remembered something.. but it wasn't true haha
Signal2112
8/29/07 2:16:14PM
How much of a "challenge" it will be remains to be seen!