Anderson Silva's Dominance Produces a New Set of Interesting Questions

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Anderson Silva's Dominance Produces a New Set of Interesting Questions
emfleek
8/10/09 8:42:28AM
Anderson Silva wasn't lying when he stated that he's years ahead of the competition. At UFC 101 on Saturday, he showed the world exactly why he's one of the most feared strikers in the sport by dismantling former UFC Light Heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin in 3 minutes and 23 seconds. It looked to be a walk in the park for the UFC Middleweight champion.

It was fairly evident in the week leading up to this tilt that Forrest Griffin was being highly over-valued as a legitimate challenger to Silva. While a lot of fans agreed that Griffin's size could be a legitimate problem, it almost works to every challenger's disadvantage in the light heavyweight division. Speed is what kills competition in MMA, and the same case is made in boxing as well. Unfortunately, Griffin didn't have the game plan to stifle that speed.

STORY
Aleks_Smash
8/10/09 9:31:51AM
in all seriousness, everyone knows griffin has a glass jaw with a huge heart. coming into that fight i had hopes that Forrest could do it, but there was no way he wasn't going to get hit by Anderson.
prozacnation1978
8/10/09 10:14:43AM
i still think he should stay at middleweight and defend he has okami, maia and others but he would kill them,

but facts are facts he has 3 fights left!!! and he is gone
i do think he should defend one more time at middle but i can see why if he leaves the weight class it frees up alot of fighters for title shots like maia, marquadt, hendo, okami, belfort

but it would be nice if he fought gsp at catchweight!!
BigIP
8/10/09 8:26:09PM
I want to see Silva fight Jon Jones. Jones is someone that can match Silva's quickness and speed. Make it happen UFC!
mrsmiley
8/11/09 3:47:24PM

Posted by Aleks_Smash

in all seriousness, everyone knows griffin has a glass jaw with a huge heart. coming into that fight i had hopes that Forrest could do it, but there was no way he wasn't going to get hit by Anderson.

I got to agree.
Though I still don't think it hurts Anderson in any way shape or form.
That guy was painting a work of art with his fist.