yet another anderson silva topic (different take on him)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » yet another anderson silva topic (different take on him)
MuSh
7/9/08 11:26:25PM
yeah yeah yeah who is gonna beat him? who knows right now? no one i can think of. he is the best fighter in the world at 185 hands down. thats not what i want to talk about...

lets talk about his attitude. one thing i always liked about him is he seemed modest and humble and very respectful especially his fights with rich.

ok his fight with lutter he was pissed but thats cuz lutter didnt make weight so that is understandable. i dont remember his interviews pre- or post-fight with nate. but with hendo he talked mad shit. opening of round one hendo put up his hands to touch gloves anderson doesnt even acknowledge him. post fight inside ring he cant say anything respectful about hendo but goes on to say rich is the only other true champion. how disrespectful is that to hendo.

makes me dislike him and want him to lose. hopefully if hendo gets rematch ever i will def be rooting for hendo.

thats what really grinds my gears with silva...other than that he is my favorite fighter to watch.
holt8081
7/9/08 11:27:54PM

Posted by MuSh

yeah yeah yeah who is gonna beat him? who knows right now? no one i can think of. he is the best fighter in the world at 185 hands down. thats not what i want to talk about...

lets talk about his attitude. one thing i always liked about him is he seemed modest and humble and very respectful especially his fights with rich.

ok his fight with lutter he was pissed but thats cuz lutter didnt make weight so that is understandable. i dont remember his interviews pre- or post-fight with nate. but with hendo he talked mad shit. opening of round one hendo put up his hands to touch gloves anderson doesnt even acknowledge him. post fight inside ring he cant say anything respectful about hendo but goes on to say rich is the only other true champion. how disrespectful is that to hendo.

makes me dislike him and want him to lose. hopefully if hendo gets rematch ever i will def be rooting for hendo.

thats what really grinds my gears with silva...other than that he is my favorite fighter to watch.

No Comment
RNC
7/9/08 11:39:43PM
Yea I didn't get why he was like that with Henderson. Does anybody know why? Was it something Hendo said? I don't know anything about their history with each other.

I saw him after his second fight with Franklin and he genuinely looked upset that he beat Franklin up. I've seen nothing but respect and kindess from the guy, then in his last fight he was all business. Something must've been going on.
Twenty20Dollars
7/10/08 12:16:20AM
so what is the point of this thread. cus you kind of asked a question and then just flipped to hating on anderson silva.

not everyone can like everyone in the MMA world. touching gloves thing reminds me of stevenson/guillard. guillard didnt touch when the ref was there and stevenson just got this crazied look on his face it was insane, but then they touched gloves.

but we will just have to wait and see who can beat anderson at 185, because i dont think he will be going up to 205 anymore because anderson was saying it was a favor to dana. MW is starting to rebuild and getting more contenders so anderson hasnt exactly cleaned out the division yet. just have to wait.
MuSh
7/10/08 12:34:34AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

so what is the point of this thread. cus you kind of asked a question and then just flipped to hating on anderson silva.

not everyone can like everyone in the MMA world. touching gloves thing reminds me of stevenson/guillard. guillard didnt touch when the ref was there and stevenson just got this crazied look on his face it was insane, but then they touched gloves.

but we will just have to wait and see who can beat anderson at 185, because i dont think he will be going up to 205 anymore because anderson was saying it was a favor to dana. MW is starting to rebuild and getting more contenders so anderson hasnt exactly cleaned out the division yet. just have to wait.

whats the point of any thread?

and i never said i hated him.

i said if he gonna have an attitude and be a dick i want him to lose but he still my fav fighter to watch.

wow
RNC
7/10/08 12:56:26AM
Talking about dickish stuff in the UFC

When Manny Gamburyan faught Jeff Cox, Cox went to touch gloves at the beginning of the 1st round. Gamburyan put his hand out like he was going to touch, then kicked him instead.

eyeforeigneye
7/10/08 1:29:36AM
Silva - (calm and completely peaceful, as usual) "moosh moosh moosh, moosh moosh moosh moosh moosh Rich Franklin moosh mooshy moosh"
Translator - "im the best and most exciting MMA fighter in the world right now, **** Dan Henderson.. if his old ass was any good he wouldve beaten me the first time. Rich Franklin is the 2nd best fighter in the world.. he could beat Hendo, Kenflo, Kimbo, Gono all in one round... i love you Rich"

point in case, who cares about respect.. Anderson Silva will beat your ass regardless. but yea, he might not if youre Rich Franklin considering he about cried his eyes out after the 2nd assbeating of the century.. i think one more broken nose on poor Rich might just lead Anderson to retiring
RNC
7/10/08 1:51:22AM

Posted by eyeforeigneye

Silva - (calm and completely peaceful, as usual) "moosh moosh moosh, moosh moosh moosh moosh moosh Rich Franklin moosh mooshy moosh"
Translator - "im the best and most exciting MMA fighter in the world right now, **** Dan Henderson.. if his old ass was any good he wouldve beaten me the first time. Rich Franklin is the 2nd best fighter in the world.. he could beat Hendo, Kenflo, Kimbo, Gono all in one round... i love you Rich"

point in case, who cares about respect.. Anderson Silva will beat your ass regardless. but yea, he might not if youre Rich Franklin considering he about cried his eyes out after the 2nd assbeating of the century.. i think one more broken nose on poor Rich might just lead Anderson to retiring

That's funny.
MuSh
7/10/08 2:36:39AM

too funny
Purge
7/10/08 9:56:19AM

post fight inside ring he cant say anything respectful about hendo but goes on to say rich is the only other true champion.

Maybe because Hendo never held a UFC MW belt dumbass, or maybe it was because Rich was a tougher match-up and has accomplished more in the UFC than Hendo has.

Also Henderson was moving his mouth a little too much in the pre-fight interviews.

Dana White:"If Dan wins"
Dan:"it's not an if"

Dan:"all of his previous opponents were tailor-made for him"

Riiiiight so a Pancrase/ADCC champ, a BJJ-ace and the most dominant and well-rounded MW in UFC history were tailor-made?

Give me a break, and now you're surprised Anderson said Rich was the true champ.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/10/08 11:33:21AM
MoJoy
7/10/08 1:44:09PM
Their is zero fighters nicer or more respectful than Anderson Silva. The guy comes across as an amazing human being. Leading up to the Dan fight, Henderson was not going over the edge with trash talk. But Henderson was being very backhanded and disrespectful. He had it coming.
Aaronno9
7/10/08 1:57:05PM
Dan talked alot of trash in the build up. When Anderson fought rich, even the first time before the casual fan realized how devastating Anderson can be, rich paid him his dues and never got cocky or over confident. Dan on the other hand just kept saying he was going to smash Anderson to pieces. I just don't think Anderson appreciated that, and in turn, didn't show Dan and respect back.
Franklinfan47
7/10/08 5:54:25PM
Anderson's always seemed respectful in interviews ive seen with him, which I think is saying alot when you think about everything he could brag about if he wanted.
MuSh
7/10/08 10:43:49PM
nah... i think silva loves franklin
jawbreaker517
7/11/08 11:47:59AM
i dont know why he was so hateful toward hendo. hendo has been in the business for awhile and paid his dues. there had to have been some underlying issue between the two, especially after disrespecting henderson in the post-fight interview. i think anderson is feeling alittle invincible right now, which i dont agree with. but he is still a fighter i dont mind watching.
Purge
7/11/08 12:43:43PM

Posted by jawbreaker517

i dont know why he was so hateful toward hendo. hendo has been in the business for awhile and paid his dues. there had to have been some underlying issue between the two, especially after disrespecting henderson in the post-fight interview. i think anderson is feeling alittle invincible right now, which i dont agree with. but he is still a fighter i dont mind watching.

read the previous posts in this thread.
JBatch
7/11/08 12:55:07PM
The wrost thing forme was he comes into the UFC and just demolishes Leben and this was after Chris talked mad smack about the guy. He beats him down and then thanks him for the fight. The guy is nothing but class and thats why it i so hard for me to want him to lose. I just wish he knew English a bit bettter so he could talk directly to the audience post-fight.
big_timmy
7/11/08 1:30:51PM
Silva is probably mouthing off to everyone after fights, but his translator is just too nice.
MuSh
7/11/08 8:42:13PM
possibly because he was in rich's home town when he fought hendo so he thought it would be the right thing to do even tho it was disrespectful to hendo. like i said his classiness was originally one of the things i liked about him the most so i'll just have to watch and see if he remains classy. he has been my fav fighter but if and when he rematches hendo i might be pullin for hendo. i didnt see hendo talking smack i saw hendo being confident just like any fighter. if you dont believe you can win then why would ya fight. what ever tho. just my perspective. some of ya dont need to get bent outta shape about it.

silva tko in first against irvin
Figsak
7/12/08 2:30:48PM

Posted by big_timmy

Silva is probably mouthing off to everyone after fights, but his translator is just too nice.

LMFAO!!

Silva: Uhhh, wow that guy was a pussey...

Translator: Silva would like to thank Rich for giving him the opportunity to fight...

Silva: Uhhh, he grapples like a child...

Translator: Rich was a great champion and I am honored to hld this spot now...

Silva: Uhhh, Americans are pigs, and Rich was the Pig Champion...

Translator: ... Thank you Joe ...