Anderson Silva VS Dan Henderson!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Anderson Silva VS Dan Henderson!
Next Page »
DJWHO
12/15/07 3:56:03PM
Could Henderson be the one to take out " The Spider", Silva??? I have always thought it would take someone who can strike as well as Silva to beat 'em and Henderson could be it. I'm hoping 3rd round TKO by Silva G'N'P the hell out of'em what do you guy's think?
juanez13
12/15/07 4:26:47PM
i think these will be anderson silva's toughest test to date, and i say dan takes this fight
nickcuc547
12/15/07 4:48:52PM
not only do i think it will be silva's toughest test to date, but i think he will be defeated. henderson is the best 185 pound fighter in the world imo. i also believe he is a top 5 guy at 205 and should have stayed there because he could have worked his way up to a title shot, but now he will dominate the middleweight division and be seen as the best middleweight fighter of all time after he retires.
Boo_Radley21
12/15/07 4:55:58PM
I can't see anyone at MW beating Hendo.
fullerene
12/15/07 5:39:45PM
I thought I was going to have to come into this thread and defend Henderson's chances, but now I've got to do the same for Silva. I think Henderson is a great fighter and a tough style matchup, but the same could have been said about Rich Franklin before their first fight. Silva is a winner and a dangerous fighter on his feet for anybody and Hendo's great chin might hold up better than his lead thigh and rib cage. SIlva is more than just a headhunter with his striking.

But, yeah, I see Henderson--the key IMO is the clinch and Henderson will toss Silva before he absorbs much damage there.
tuvok500
12/15/07 5:52:31PM
Well, i think Silva will eventually KO Hendo .

i know ,Hendo never been KO but there is a first time for everything.

there styles are so different that i can not see this fight going to a decision for Hendo by LNP for 25 min.

Silva's pin point accuracy will be too much for Hendo i think and the game plan of Hendo will change for a survival game plan to not get destroy.

I am sure that Hendo will tuff longer than Franklin but not 25 min.

loonytnt
12/15/07 10:16:43PM
silva is at the top of his game, i dont see henderson winning this one, only way i can see him winning is a cut
Californiastrangler
12/16/07 1:01:39AM
Dan Henderson will demolish Anderson Silva in the clinch. His Greco-Roman background is perfectly suited to defend a muay thai clinch, he is the most legitimate wrestler(along with Lindland), beat up Wanderlei Silva who fights similar to Anderson Silva, and if he has fought Wanderlei and Nogueira and not been close to KO'd then Silva won't be able to do it. No LnP here, Hendo by "whoopass" in the 3rd round.
warglory
12/16/07 2:37:41AM

Posted by Californiastrangler

Dan Henderson will demolish Anderson Silva in the clinch. His Greco-Roman background is perfectly suited to defend a muay thai clinch, he is the most legitimate wrestler(along with Lindland), beat up Wanderlei Silva who fights similar to Anderson Silva, and if he has fought Wanderlei and Nogueira and not been close to KO'd then Silva won't be able to do it. No LnP here, Hendo by "whoopass" in the 3rd round.

No one demolishes Anderson Silva in the clinch. His style revolves around being an expert in the clinch. Hendo, after years of training with Couture and Team Quest, id an expert at dirty boxing which is a single aspect of the clinch, but Anderson's knees are absolutely lethal. If anything, Hendo will try and get out of the clinch and keep his distance with some traditional boxing (where he is superior imo). Also, Dan will want to get the shoot asap and possibly control the fight on the ground.
Gladiator
12/16/07 2:51:13AM

Posted by DJWHO

Could Henderson be the one to take out " The Spider", Silva??? I have always thought it would take someone who can strike as well as Silva to beat 'em and Henderson could be it. I'm hoping 3rd round TKO by Silva G'N'P the hell out of'em what do you guy's think?

i disagree that henderson strikes as well as silva, dont get me wrong hes a good striker but he is nowhere near as fast and he doesnt utilize kicks and knees the way silva does. dans best chance is to take anderson down and pound him out but it sounds like he wants to stand wih silva... bad idea IMO. i know a lot of people said the same thing when he fought wanderlei but the spider is a different breed of striker and he will give dan problems. i say anderson silva by KO in the later rounds.
juanez13
12/16/07 12:19:45PM

Posted by warglory
No one demolishes Anderson Silva in the clinch. His style revolves around being an expert in the clinch. Hendo, after years of training with Couture and Team Quest, id an expert at dirty boxing which is a single aspect of the clinch, but Anderson's knees are absolutely lethal. If anything, Hendo will try and get out of the clinch and keep his distance with some traditional boxing (where he is superior imo). Also, Dan will want to get the shoot asap and possibly control the fight on the ground.

i think you are wrong saying that dan will avoid the clinch, i think dan will try to get the clinch and throw silva to the mat.....dan doesnt use the clinch only for dirty boxing, if you watch his fights dan doesnt shoot for takedowns that much, almost all of his takedowns come from inside the clinch, and im pretty sure silva wont be ble to stop dan from taking the fight to the canvas.....im not saying that the fight is over for silva once it hits the canvas, because silva has a very good jits too, but ill doubt it if he submits hendo.....i see this fight doing to distance, with dan throwing some leather than moving to the clinch and constantly taking silva down.....i might be worng but its only an opinion
moob
12/16/07 12:36:29PM
It is inevitable that Henderson will end up in Silva's clinch, and that there will be damage inflicted. I think that Silva is a very intelligent fighter and will adapt his style to take care of Henderson's strengths. I just can't seen by Silva atm, he's just too good.
fullerene
12/16/07 3:02:14PM
Nice to see a split of opinions between the two best MW fighters in the world (IMO). I hope the UFC notices how competitive and tough to predict this match is and makes it happen.
d_block07
12/17/07 1:22:05AM
IMO toughest fight of the year to predict
Pinball
12/27/07 12:36:31PM
Very tough to pick, Even for an admitted Hendo fan (and my brother is a huge spider fan, I watch all the fights with him)
SmileR
12/27/07 2:27:28PM

Posted by Californiastrangler

No LnP here, Hendo by "whoopass" in the 3rd round.

jgtribbett
12/27/07 3:22:22PM
i can see hendo by tko or anderson by sub
pv3Hpv3p
12/28/07 2:46:40PM
I think Dan will be the only real test (left) for Anderson at 185...

Does anyone know exactly how many fights Hendo's got at MW? I know he lost the fight to Misaki, and it doesn't look like he's lost any others at MW... But did he drop after the first Wandy fight? Or for the tournament at Bushido 9? Sometime inbetween? What weight was he fighting at UFC 17? I know it was a MW tournament, but wasn't that before there was a LHW div, and the div's were more like Pride's? Soooo, many questions...

Either way, my point is, that I don't think Dan's body likes the cut... I hope it doesn't effect him too much, because I don't really know where the MW division will go if Silva beats Henderson decisively
chickmagnet
12/28/07 6:35:46PM
Well figure, Andersons toughest fight in the UFC has been Travis Lutter..
Lutter lasted the longest. Lutter took Silva down, got the mount and came
close to finishing Silva with strikes until Silva reversed him and stood
back up. When Lutter took Silva down again Silva submitted him....

Anderson seems to have problems with really good grapplers(Takase,Azeredo)
with the exception of Marquardt and Horn, but I think a guy like Dan would
create big problems for Silva...if Lutter, Okami, Marquardt and Franklin(in the 2nd fight) were all able to take Silva down Henderson should be able to without a doubt, But will Hendo be able to keep Silva down...no one else has been able to but I think Hendo could keep Silva down, Hendo has never been KOed, I think Hendo does better against strikers then grapplers, I think Hendo will take him down and GnP for a win.

Purge
12/28/07 6:39:23PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Well figure, Andersons toughest fight in the UFC has been Travis Lutter..
Lutter lasted the longest. Lutter took Silva down, got the mount and came
close to finishing Silva with strikes until Silva reversed him and stood
back up. When Lutter took Silva down again Silva submitted him....

Anderson seems to have problems with really good grapplers(Takase,Azeredo)
with the exception of Marquardt and Horn, but I think a guy like Dan would
create big problems for Silva...if Lutter, Okami, Marquardt and Franklin(in the 2nd fight) were all able to take Silva down Henderson should be able to without a doubt, But will Hendo be able to keep Silva down...no one else has been able to but I think Hendo could keep Silva down, Hendo has never been KOed, I think Hendo does better against strikers then grapplers, I think Hendo will take him down and GnP for a win.

He had trouble with grapplers BEFORE the Black House was started.

Minotauro is helping him prepare for any war on the ground.
Snowstud0101
12/29/07 1:17:57PM
Anderson by tko in the 2nd!! Dan has to take him down for any chance of winning this fight.. He has to bully silva with strength and wear him out on the ground imo
Boo_Radley21
12/29/07 2:19:32PM
Which he will be able to do. He's gonna take Anderson Silva down and work him over. No one else has been able to do it and finally someone has the ability in the UFC to take out Silva.
jocksmall
12/29/07 4:35:24PM
man i truely believe that dan will win this fight and im so excited to see it but i hope they improve the rest of the card it is pretty weak for a ppv
chris_leben_rules
12/30/07 10:50:18PM
Hendo put up ad a great show against Rampage, but Silva's a beast so I'll take Silva in a round 3 sub
aolverizon
12/31/07 5:45:35PM
this is a tough one, i think dan will take this either by mid to late tko or a decision, but then again dan isnt always himself at middleweight and to beat silva its gonna take everything dan's got so im a little worried about how the cut is gonna effect him, but then again travis lutter fought silva coming off a bad cut and look what he was able to do.
HeadhunterRed
1/1/08 1:46:43AM
i'll say this, i think anderson would beat rampage because of his muay thai alone, he is arguably more dangerous than wandy and shogun all of whom beat rampage a total of 3 times by KO, i'll agree rampage is a different fighter since being beat in PRIDE but anderson is on a different level and strength will not decide the fight between them if they fought

back on topic with this super middleweight fight! ...hendo vs the spider, wow, how can i possibly predict that, hendo's chin is awesome and is a steller wrestler, anderson will not be afraid of the ground so maybe look for hendo to stay standing unless he gets in trouble, if this were a non title fight i'd say draw but i cant so i have to go with anderson by decision or submission off his back, its too bad i really wanted hendo to smash page so he wouldnt have to fight anderson oh well

sorry yall i try to think that hendo can win but id say its probably 60/40 for anderson, and if anderson is going to lose to any middleweight it will be hendo, if not he is probably unstoppable
tlangley
1/5/08 1:10:25PM
I think Hendos gonna take it. It's tied in picks right now (1457) to (1457) wow
mkiv9secsupra
1/5/08 1:21:03PM
All Anderson has to do is train with the nogueiras for a week and theyll show him how to submit Henderson....

on the feet and on the ground Anderson takes this but i wouldnt be surprised if Hendo's overhand right connects and he gets a TKO
gsquat
1/5/08 1:31:07PM
Its simply difficult. If it goes to the ground, Henderson wins. If stays on the feet, Silva wins. Though I've got Hendo taking it, I'll give the slight advantage to Silva because the fight starts standing. Hendo may eat a few going for the takedown, but if he can take shots from Rampage, then he can take a hit from Silva. Silva is more accurate but Rampage has more power in his punches, thus giving credit to the Hardness of Hendo's head.

All in all... it could go either way. Its gonna be the fight of the year.
sillysnail
1/5/08 2:48:21PM
don't see hendo getting ko'd in this one. lasting 5 rounds with ramage speaks volumes for his resilience.

given the way hendo beat wandy, i think he has an excellent shot at winning this fight. nobody can deny that anderson and wandy fight VERY similar styles, and hendo has proven he matches up very well against that. hendo proves the spider isnt the best p4p fighter in the world by TKO in the 3rd.
Pages: [1] 2