Anderson Silva vs Cung Le

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Anderson Silva vs Cung Le
POLL: Who would win?
Anderson Silva 94% (45)
Cung Le 6% (3)
Twerkwrench
6/2/08 1:45:06AM
Do you think this would be a good match up?
Kpro
6/2/08 1:54:40AM

Posted by Twerkwrench

Do you think this would be a good match up?

Anderson is a more accurate striker, and has a ten-fold advantage when clinching and on the ground.

I'd rather see Anderson face Almeida/Marquardt/Hendo/Lindland/Lawler/Ninja/Mayhem/Misaki/Akiyama/etc/etc seriously I could go on forever on fights I think have been and would be more competitive overall.
jocka
6/2/08 7:56:46AM
It could be fun to see Silva finally murder someone in the cage lol there is no way Cung Le is on the same level an Silva
Rush
6/2/08 10:19:07AM
Something I noticed with the Le Shamrock fight is that Le doesn't seem to like overly aggressive fighters. Le was happy to stand and trade shots, but as soon as Shamrock closed the distance with a barrage of strikes, Le seemed to turtle.

Considering the fact that Silva has a knack for pinning guys on the cage and just pummeling them. I think this would be just another notch on Silva's belt.
theguido
6/2/08 10:28:21AM
This would be very exciteing if it stayed stanting but you gotta give it to Silva, alltogther he's much better all around.
JimiMak
6/2/08 11:18:00AM
No it wouldn't be a good match. Le would be outclassed. Also since they don't work for the same co this should be in the lounge.
aaa9erh8er
6/2/08 1:36:38PM
it would be aonse sided one round ko ala andersons clicnh
RandyCouture
6/2/08 4:45:29PM
LOL i like the 100% silva poll percentage no way cung le takes this one silva is too quick and agressive. Cung le would never be able to throw his crazy kicks when silva would be pressing the action and getting inside to much
prozacnation1978
6/2/08 6:35:17PM
i would like to see cung le in the ufc against some top talent,
maybe throw him belcher first, then have him fight leban, okami

and no i don't think belcher is top talent but belcher and him i think would be a great fight
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
6/2/08 9:13:43PM
cung would get beat at any facet of the game. anderson by watever he feels like.
MMA_Alex
6/2/08 10:11:47PM
It really says something about the question when it ends up being 36-0...
mkiv9secsupra
6/2/08 10:16:21PM

Posted by MMA_Alex

It really says something about the question when it ends up being 36-0...

make that 37-0
bigbubbano23
6/2/08 10:39:29PM
up here's another one
Twerkwrench
6/2/08 11:57:15PM
hahaha wow
RMFG_187
6/3/08 12:24:53AM
HAHAHAHA

I was the only person who picked Le.

lol give Cung Le a couple more bouts hopefully Lawler next, and then yes I think he can drag the fight into round 3-4.

Cung via Round 4 TKO

EDIT: Im serious, i would bet real cash on Cung.
jomatty
6/3/08 9:54:55AM
i dont think le would win but i think it would be much more exciting than the rest of you guys. le is a really good striker and i think these two guys would go at it. i dont see him pulling out a W but i could definitely see him making it exciting...
gsquat
6/3/08 1:41:38PM
You're all nuts if you think Anderson would win this matchup. You know this fight wouldn't end up on the ground so you can scrap that aspect of the fight. Anderson would win the ground fight but he has too much pride to tell his self that he needs to take a fight to the ground to win. Le's standup is better than Silva's... period. This isn't any sort of favoritism. This is just a easy fight for me to read. Le via KO/TKO.
JimiMak
6/3/08 2:00:23PM

Posted by gsquat

You're all nuts if you think Anderson would win this matchup. You know this fight wouldn't end up on the ground so you can scrap that aspect of the fight. Anderson would win the ground fight but he has too much pride to tell his self that he needs to take a fight to the ground to win. Le's standup is better than Silva's... period. This isn't any sort of favoritism. This is just a easy fight for me to read. Le via KO/TKO.

lol. I hope you don't really believe that. Tho you prob'ly do. If Le's standup (as applicable to mma, not san shou or kickboxing) is so much better how did Frank do so well? Silva would murder him, no shame tho, Silva murders most at 185.
Lockfrow
6/3/08 8:41:08PM
Anderson could slip on a banana getting into the cage...other than that I think Anderson would smash Cung.