Anderson Silva vs Chuck Liddell

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Anderson Silva vs Chuck Liddell
kris_ericson
11/29/08 9:30:47AM
Speculation of Anderson Silva vs. Chuck Liddell for UFC 95

LINK

is any one excited
juanez13
11/29/08 9:37:53AM
Kind of old, that article was posted in e Nov 18. Since than it has come out that there isnt much interest in this fight from the UFC, and they want to do Randy vs Chuck. At this point everything is speculation, but it was this rumor has pretty much been debunked.
prozacnation1978
11/29/08 10:06:21AM
why fight silva when u are moving up to heavyweight
silva needs to defend his belt and chuck needs a pick up can opponent tune up match before randy
dannyfrank
11/29/08 10:15:01AM
i wouldnt be excited at all to watch this. i dont think liddell would have a snowball's chance in hell at beating silva
Twenty20Dollars
11/29/08 12:34:16PM
im not excited there are better match ups than this.
Naturaldisaster
11/29/08 12:36:35PM
its not happening. they already said Anderson is gonna fight the loser of either Forrest vs Rashad or Wandy vs Rampage. and their tryin to set up Couture vs Liddell 4
dannyfrank
11/29/08 1:34:04PM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

its not happening. they already said Anderson is gonna fight the loser of either Forrest vs Rashad or Wandy vs Rampage. and their tryin to set up Couture vs Liddell 4

woah! silva vs. silva! that would be tight
JoeySteel
11/29/08 5:02:02PM

Posted by kris_ericson

Speculation of Anderson Silva vs. Chuck Liddell for UFC 95

LINK

is any one excited

no.
Princeofpunk
11/29/08 6:12:38PM
i'd def like to see Silva and Chuck fight rather then Chuck vs Randy 4

Anderson vs Machida would be leggit
crushedbacon
11/29/08 7:13:25PM

Posted by Princeofpunk

There ain't no way Silva fights Machida......no way either of those dudes signs off on that one unless some seriously insane cake is put up for the payday, they're way to tight......would be the craziest shit ever though......I wish!!! too bad the only place that fight is happening is in MMA Fantasy Island
The-Don
11/29/08 11:05:22PM

Posted by crushedbacon

Posted by Princeofpunk

There ain't no way Silva fights Machida......no way either of those dudes signs off on that one unless some seriously insane cake is put up for the payday, they're way to tight......would be the craziest shit ever though......I wish!!! too bad the only place that fight is happening is in MMA Fantasy Island

If enough money is offered you could see it happen.. Would certainly be a dream match but yea these guys are close it I think would take A LOT of money to make that happen, as for Chuck and Silva.. If Chuck were to win that he better buy a Powerball ticket and hit the tables in Vegas right after before the luck runs out. I think The best and most likely thing will be Chuck and Randy at HW in Germany. This would be Great for the HW division as another legit fighter is now in the mix. And Silva can focus on a legit contender for his title.
jakeiceman
11/30/08 5:18:24AM

Posted by dannyfrank

i wouldnt be excited at all to watch this. i dont think liddell would have a snowball's chance in hell at beating silva

Pony up MoFo, I will make an AV bet on it!!!

But I doubt the fight happens but we shall see.
soundboy1
11/30/08 11:07:27AM
I don't find this exciting at all. Maybe if Chuck won a few fights first. I mean he's not even close to the top lhw right now. Maybe 6th or 7th........
Gweedo
11/30/08 12:59:02PM
I kinda like Chuck and don't want to see him lose.
PaleHorse
11/30/08 1:17:18PM

Posted by Gweedo

I kinda like Chuck and don't want to see him lose.

I guess its a good thing that this fight probably is NOT going to happen then. It'd probably have the same marketing for Couture Lesnar though, biggest fight in UFC history blah blah blah.
NatedawgThaM
12/1/08 12:43:47PM
Silva's gonna put him too sleep easily and early I believe. Chucks just the type of striker thats gonna overpower you. He'll take one or two of your punches but just hit you a hell of a lot harder and that's how he takes you out. But Hendo hits almost just as hard and he hit Anderson with 3-4 straight overhand rights and Anderson didn't seem like they annoyed him. Plus If Chuck lets him land 1 or 2 punches before he decides to throw that power shot to crumble him, that will be deadly with Anderson's pin point accuracy which will have those two shots lands straight on the chin not to mention the deadly power that's at the end of EVERY one of his punches.

I think Anderson controls him and dominates early with the jab using that long reach and slickness with his agility to avoid the bombs and nail him with a nice stiff jab that with that will set up a big straight right since I believe with that jab controling him, Chuck will get too aggressive trying to time an overhand right to that right that in return, Silva will dodge it and follow with a sick counter right that will put him to sleep.

Anderson Silva 1st KO