Anderson Silva: If I beat Henderson, maybe I'll challenge Roy Jones Jr. in Boxing - in his rules

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Anderson Silva: If I beat Henderson, maybe I'll challenge Roy Jones Jr. in Boxing - in his rules
ufc88
2/28/08 12:52:48PM
silverbullet
2/28/08 12:59:34PM
He'll get KTFOed
CantAndleDaRiddum
2/28/08 1:24:03PM

Posted by silverbullet

He'll get KTFOed

i love mma & anderson, but im going w/ my boy RJJR on this one
billycarnage
2/28/08 1:59:15PM
I say keep it in MMA. He should go up in wieght and fight Rampage if he is the best P4P in the world. That would be great but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Ordep
2/28/08 2:07:28PM
This won't be good for the sport unless he plans to switch to boxing, going to "challenge" the boxer will be seems as an Boxing-MMA dispute, just to add to what's the view of society now. We the MMA fans don't want to show the world that this is better than boxing, we just want for it to be recognized as a disciplined sport and to stimulate the respect and credit that the athletes deserve. We would be happy watching MMA growing on itself and watch it and Boxing in our TV's, without any stupid "conflict" between them. Please Anderson, don't do this.
roman
2/28/08 2:08:43PM
This is the second time I have heard him look past Henderson. What the hell is up with that?!?!?!?!?! He's up against the toughest test of his career and he is talking about moving up in weight and now GOING TO BOXING! Just focus on Hendo then you can start your campaign of boxing and weight gaining.
gartface
2/28/08 2:09:52PM

Posted by roman

This is the second time I have heard him look past Henderson. What the hell is up with that?!?!?!?!?! He's up against the toughest test of his career and he is talking about moving up in weight and now GOING TO BOXING! Just focus on Hendo then you can start your campaign of boxing and weight gaining.

That's a recipe for disaster IMO!
wolfgarnaud
2/28/08 2:11:20PM
Anderson can do whatever he wants. i love that bastard.
and he is gonna beat Henderson, thats for sure.
xburbx
2/28/08 2:12:51PM
I'd pay to see it
silverbullet
2/28/08 2:13:19PM
If Silva decides to switch sports, he should try pole vaulting
loonytnt
2/28/08 4:49:22PM
im sure it was more of a joke in his mind but if he cant do knees i say dont do it lol
Pookie
2/28/08 4:51:53PM
if he could throw elbows as well i think he'd take it... roy jones isnt the fighter he used to be.
RampageOwnedYou
2/28/08 6:32:02PM
Roy Jones isn't as good as he once was. Anderson "COULD" beat him. But i'd be suprised if this even happened, which I dont think it would because you know UFC wouldn't allow it to happen.
ufcboss
2/28/08 11:46:46PM
So if he wins against Hendo, That means he will still be champ, I dont get it.
Its not like he can quit the UFC and go fight for someone else. I thought that didnt happen.

jimbo2779
2/29/08 8:37:34AM
I think if Anderson wants to enter boxing I wish him all of the best and think he could do very well at his weight class. Im assuming he has studied boxing stances and guards etc so as to be a proficient boxer.

Here is a link to some of Anderson's crazy knockouts as proof he could hang with some boxers, maybe even great boxers:
Anderson Silva's MMA video page

The highlight reel on that page shows exactly why he is so great a striker
silverbullet
2/29/08 8:50:48AM

Posted by jimbo2779

I think if Anderson wants to enter boxing I wish him all of the best and think he could do very well at his weight class. Im assuming he has studied boxing stances and guards etc so as to be a proficient boxer.

Here is a link to some of Anderson's crazy knockouts as proof he could hang with some boxers, maybe even great boxers:
Anderson Silva's MMA video page

The highlight reel on that page shows exactly why he is so great a striker

you sound like the boxing fan who thinks that Mayweather Jr. can hang in MMA.

"yeah if only he can learn a decent sprawl, he'd kick ass over in the UFC!"
TNunley
2/29/08 9:19:10AM

Posted by silverbullet

If Silva decides to switch sports, he should try pole vaulting

He's too long and lanky... I think he'd do alright in the triple jump or long jump though.
ncordless
2/29/08 2:07:16PM
Anderson Silva has one boxing match in his entire life... he would get wtfpwned by the former #1 p4p boxer. Not even a debate really. It'd be like Roy Jones Jr. coming in to MMA and fighting Silva.
jakeiceman
2/29/08 6:09:28PM
I can't see through his cocky ass attitude long enough to even consider this notion...I encourage him to give it a try.....I would not mind seeing him sustain some brain damage
jrmmaclassics
2/29/08 6:40:06PM
is class is slipping away.