Anderson Silva to attend UFC 154 ... does a Georges St-Pierre superfight loom?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Anderson Silva to attend UFC 154 ... does a Georges St-Pierre superfight loom?
BuffaloDave
11/6/12 10:34:52PM
A party with a vested interest in the outcome of UFC 154's main event is heading to Montreal a week from Saturday night.

Sitting front row Octagonside at the Bell Centre will be UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

And depending on how the bout between UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre and interim champion Carlos Condit pans out, there's a chance that before the evening is over, the wheels could be fully set in motion for a superfight which has long been speculated.

Silva's manager, Jorge Guimaraes, hinted to MMAFighting.com's Ariel Helwani on the Tuesday night edition of Fuel TV's UFC tonight that a challenge is forthcoming if St-Pierre defeats Condit.

LINK
ghandikush
11/6/12 10:39:13PM
As much as I hate call outs and theyre cheesy maybe Silva can goad GSP.

I'm selfish I know.
MMAcca
11/6/12 10:40:12PM
Hope this doesn't happen.

Super fights = mismatches. These guys fight in different divisions for a reason, size...... And size counts at this level.

What's wrong with cleaning out a division and building a legacy ?
ghandikush
11/6/12 11:03:20PM

Posted by MMAcca

Hope this doesn't happen.

Super fights = mismatches. These guys fight in different divisions for a reason, size...... And size counts at this level.

What's wrong with cleaning out a division and building a legacy ?

To be fair theres no way in hell Silva can sub GSP and he wont stop those takedowns on size alone. Silva could be pushing for a whoopin
Budgellism
11/6/12 11:06:27PM
I'm probably in the minority but I don't want this fight to happen.
Manak
11/7/12 12:51:26AM
screw it why not... tired of talking about all these super fights and none ever fucking happening
infestructure
11/7/12 1:12:22AM

Posted by Budgellism

I just want to see someone beat GSP, but agree, this fight does not need to happen
prophecy033
11/7/12 1:32:03AM
I'd watch it but I've lost any real interest in it. I'm much more interested in Silva v Jones but I've already said it and y'all already know that
aussiemma
11/7/12 1:49:17AM
either silva vs gsp or silva vs jones...just make one of them happen already !!! imagine if gsp wins and anderson walks into the cage for a staredown....
jjeans
11/7/12 2:46:08AM

Posted by BuffaloDave
Anderson Silva to attend UFC 154 ... does a Georges St-Pierre superfight loom?

No
Kpro
11/7/12 3:52:45AM

Posted by Budgellism

I've been against it from day one, I'd prefer Sapp/Pudz II.
BigBadAl
11/7/12 5:48:52AM
Pick on someone your own size Andy. John Jones for example.

If this fight does happen I really hope GSP wins somehow. I bet Silva thinks this would be an easy fight for him to maintain GOAT status. He could be very wrong.
ghandikush
11/7/12 8:15:33AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Budgellism

I've been against it from day one, I'd prefer Sapp/Pudz II.

Thisx1000, fight of the decade written all over it

thevoodooninja
11/7/12 8:29:45AM

Posted by Budgellism

I'm with you on this one
kingsmasher
11/7/12 5:33:13PM
Maybe Chris Weidman goes to the fight to and if Anderson Silva jumps in the cage maybe Weidman will follow...

Be kinda funny to see Anderson trying to call out the smaller GSP face to face then Weidman, who is his size, put his finger in Silvas face...

Just side by side Anderson and GSP doesnt look like an interesting fight...Maybe if GSP puts on the muscle and gets used to being bigger...that would be like a year and a half away...
deck15
11/8/12 11:24:02AM
If I was GSP I would say sure at 170 you got buddy.
Shawn91111
11/8/12 11:51:33AM
Anderson should walk in the cage, grab the microphone and tell GSP he was not impressed by his performance
airkerma
11/8/12 2:58:23PM
DIdn't GSP do the same thing over a year ago? I thought he attended one of Anderson's fights and was cage side allegedly 'taking notes'.
fullerene
11/8/12 3:19:11PM
Dana wants the fight and commented that he would try to make it a day or two ago.

It seems like Silva wants it, too.

GSP has said that the main obstacle was weight a few years ago...since he walks around above 185 and Silva has fought at 170 before, this should be able to be worked out.

So long as it doesn't get in the way of Jones-Silva, I'm all for it.