Anderson Silva's Aggression

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Anderson Silva's Aggression
POLL: Why is Anderson Silva acting so aggressively towards Sonnen the last week or so before they have a fist fight in a steel cage?
He's thinks he can intimidate Chael 40% (14)
He's nervous after the last fight and trying to put on a tough face 40% (14)
He's hyping the fight. Anderson Silva money playboy! 20% (7)
BossHog
7/6/12 11:22:51PM
I am not exactly sure why Anderson is suddenly trying to talk shit and get all aggressive with Chael. I'm thinking there are a few options:

1.) Anderson thinks he can actually intimidate Chael. Considering Chael's last 5 years have been one constant calling out of Silva (and the way he dominated in there last fight) I doubt this, but maybe Anderson thinks he can scare him?

2.) He's hyping the fight. Maybe Silva finally decided to jump on board and pull his weight as far as getting fans excited. But why now? It seems like the fight is about as big as it's going to get with all the work Chael has done.

3.) He's a little nervous himself. The last fight was amazingly one-sided before that hallelujah comeback and who knows if that can be duplicated. Plus, Silva's stardom has gone up exponentially in Brazil with his win over Vitor. He has way more to lose than before. Maybe the pressure is getting to him and this is his way of dealing with it?

Either way I think it's garbage to get physical like that before a fight. All it really says is "I got mentally dominated by this dude and I'm going to shove him even though in 24 hours we will be throwing hands at each other." Makes you look like a punk imo. If you are gonna smash Sonnen so bad why not just sit back and wait for the moment?

Honestly unsure which option I would pick so let's hear what the Playground has to say.
Chael_Sonnen
7/6/12 11:27:28PM

Anderson Silva's Aggression

Is.......
LAUGHABLE
FAKE
WIMPY
SUPER TRANSPARENT

Oh wait...I just described An-der-son's fighter profile

HEY KIDS - - the answer is #2
BossHog
7/6/12 11:28:16PM
I am a fan of both guys and I guess I have strong feelings on the matter after seeing them in the video. Talking trash before competing against someone is one thing. Not a huge fan of it, but suckering someone in the face when they aren't expecting it is just a bitch move according to the way I was raised.
infestructure
7/6/12 11:40:52PM
I think it may have been an attempt to anger Sonnen so the fight might stay standing, and thus in Silva's favor.

Yeah I know he got taken apart standing up last time, but that was a Sonnen with super TRT. He'll be ready this time.
BossHog
7/6/12 11:44:55PM

Posted by infestructure

I think it may have been an attempt to anger Sonnen so the fight might stay standing, and thus in Silva's favor.

Yeah I know he got taken apart standing up last time, but that was a Sonnen with super TRT. He'll be ready this time.

Isn't Sonnen still on TRT lol?
Adrenaline
7/6/12 11:53:11PM

Posted by BossHog

Posted by infestructure

Yes but it's not super TRT......because as we know kids, TRT makes you a better striker
Budgellism
7/7/12 12:07:01AM

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by BossHog

Posted by infestructure

Yes but it's not super TRT......because as we know kids, TRT makes you a better striker

lol, this. The TRT thing gets blown completely out of proportion imo.
Chael_Sonnen
7/7/12 12:23:59AM
Perhaps anDEE should take TRT so he can defend a Take down

I can't believe the idiots that know NOTHING about the treatment.

Do some research....that means READING dummies, yes I know it can be straining on the brain

DAMN that belt looks good on me
infestructure
7/7/12 12:28:07AM

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by BossHog

Posted by infestructure

Not a better striker, but a stronger one.
Chael_Sonnen
7/7/12 12:33:26AM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by BossHog

Posted by infestructure

Sooooo, if you take TRT you are considered a STRONGER STRIKER....hmmm, that's a good one....sounds like something from Sherdog.

Funniest post I read all week

(Breaks out megaphone) ATTENTION EVERYBODY

Chael takes TRT - - he is a very STRONG striker

0/10
pmoney
7/7/12 12:42:16AM
Any type of sucker punch (or sucker shoulder strike in this case) is a punk bitch move. And it's very shocking coming from Silva, who is really the last person you would think to call a punk bitch.

Sonnen must have really gotten in his head. I think you have some good points too, BossHog. Silva has all this popularity in Brazil, and with the statements Chael has made hyping up this fight, he could feel like he has to win this for his entire country.

Maybe Chael was right all along, and Silva is just a bully!

LuckyCharms
7/7/12 12:43:20AM
I Believe in Chael Sonnen. Any man who can beat down Anderson Silva for 23 mins while defrauding banks and running for congress is a bad ass in my book.
jae_1833
7/7/12 12:45:41AM
I think he is actually pissed off....that medium rare comment cuts deep!
infestructure
7/7/12 1:08:42AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by BossHog

Posted by infestructure

Sooooo, if you take TRT you are considered a STRONGER STRIKER....hmmm, that's a good one....sounds like something from Sherdog.

Funniest post I read all week

(Breaks out megaphone) ATTENTION EVERYBODY

Chael takes TRT - - he is a very STRONG striker

0/10

II can't believe I'm replying to you.

Of course TRT would not affect your technique, but it without a doubt improves your performance. It enables you to recover faster, therefore train more, therefore become stronger.

BossHog
7/7/12 1:33:11AM

Posted by jae_1833

I think he is actually pissed off....that medium rare comment cuts deep!

I'm sure he's pissed but why act like that when you are going to scrap in 20 hours haha? If anything it just jeprodizes the fight from happening.

I think Anderson should be fined heavily for that. Punk move. Because of that I'm hopeing Chael treats him like a punk tonight...AGAIN
BossHog
7/7/12 1:35:22AM

Posted by LuckyCharms

I Believe in Chael Sonnen. Any man who can beat down Anderson Silva for 23 mins while defrauding banks and running for congress is a bad ass in my book.

Also dude didn't even flinch when Anderson hit him lol just kept mean mugging him.
infestructure
7/7/12 1:38:55AM

I'm sure he's pissed but why act like that when you are going to scrap in 20 hours haha? If anything it just jeprodizes the fight from happening.

Maybe he realises people want this fight so bad that he knows he can get away with it.
BossHog
7/7/12 1:41:26AM

Posted by infestructure

^^^Maybe he realises people want this fight so bad that he knows he can get away with it.

Even more of a punk move then lol lost a lot of respect. Especially from a dude who talks about respect and bowing haha he knows Chael won't hit him and the fight won't get canceled so why not take a cheap shot. Doesn't sit with me.
Chael_Sonnen
7/7/12 1:44:02AM
I've been saying this for two + years - - - FINALLY, some of you see the light

Uncle Chael doesn't even flinch - - awesome, then again, who would flinch from a FAKE? Not Chael (the Champ)
infestructure
7/7/12 1:45:40AM
What is stopping Chael from filing for assault? Other than it's just another bitch move.

I lost a bit of respect for Anderson for pulling that shoulder barge. But I've never had much respect for Anderson the person.

Anderson the fighter on the other hand, is the best of our day.
prophecy033
7/7/12 1:58:40AM

Posted by infestructure

I lost a bit of respect for Anderson for pulling that shoulder barge. But I've never had much respect for Anderson the person.

Anderson the fighter on the other hand, is the best of our day.

THIS
Poor_Franklin
7/7/12 3:44:18AM
Anderson doesnt need hype bc Chael takes to a whole new level all on his own.

Anderson feels disrespected. He is always calm. Sometimes appears bored. This is not the case. People can undervalue the motivation he is going to bring tomorrow, but at their own expense. Chael was right. He has been picking a fight for 2 years & he has finally found one. I personally believe he has picked a fight that he will regret.

One thing is for sure. We will find out. at 7-7 at 7pm ONLY ON PPV!!!!!
thevoodooninja
7/7/12 7:22:21AM
andy did that because he's scared and he needs to get his shots in somehow
MALICE
7/7/12 10:45:32AM
I picked number one, but I do not think the correct answer was listed. Of course, two years of Sonnen bickering in your ear is going to get to you. I have had the same opinion of Silva for years now; he is fake. I'm sure many fighters put on a different face for the media for many reasons. Silva is almost always respectful, but it always comes off transparent and fake to me. When his emotions get the best of him, the true Silva comes out. For lack of better words, Silva is a hoodlum / bully / punk.

Don't get me wrong. Putting on a different face is very common in front of the media. Most pro athletes, actors, celebrities, etc. must do so to protect themselves. If they do not, the media will tear them apart.

Silva's emotions got the best of him and he used a bitch move on Sonnen. Some may think it was justified because of all of Sonnen's talk. In my book, suckerpuches are the lowest of bitch moves and in no way related to slander. Daley's suckerpunch on Koscheck is possibly the biggest bitch move I have ever seen in contact sports.
TeamDEY
7/7/12 1:39:15PM
I don't think Anderson is nervous, especially at this point in his career. I think he is genuinely pissed off at Sonnen's commments about his country and family. I can't wait to see Sonnen get KOed.
BeeR
7/7/12 1:51:27PM
I think he realizes that may be his one shot at a clean strike landing with out a power double driving him into the cage
Sonnen is in his skin like scabbies