Anderson Silva

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Anderson Silva
Next Page »
Aether
4/10/10 4:00:49PM
Does anyone else think his behaviour is completely disgraceful? I don't really have any other words to describe it. It's just completely disgraceful, I would be embarrassed by my actions if I were him.

I actually turned the fight off during the 4th round, something I have never done before in all of my time watching MMA, not matter how boring of a lay n pray fest it was, I have never just said "I don't care anymore" and outright turned off the fight before it was done. I'm assuming he danced around for another 5 minutes and took a decision.

Really embarrassing for the sport as a whole IMO.
rcg916
4/10/10 4:06:24PM
Its one thing to toy with an opponent for a minute or two before impressively ending it...

Its quite another to toy with him for two rounds, tiring yourself out in the process...

Oh yeah, and he forgot the "impressive ending" part all together.

Here is an accurate dramatization, for anyone who missed it...

Anderson ---> __ ______ ___ <--- Maia
MisterFreeze
4/10/10 4:09:29PM

Posted by Aether

Does anyone else think his behaviour is completely disgraceful? I don't really have any other words to describe it. It's just completely disgraceful, I would be embarrassed by my actions if I were him.

I actually turned the fight off during the 4th round, something I have never done before in all of my time watching MMA, not matter how boring of a lay n pray fest it was, I have never just said "I don't care anymore" and outright turned off the fight before it was done. I'm assuming he danced around for another 5 minutes and took a decision.

Oh man! You made a mistake! Shoulda kept watching cause Maia jumped in with a flying knee and KOed Anderson in the 5th! It was incredible!!!!

....... Just kidding, you were right.
Bowen50
4/10/10 4:14:59PM
i am infuriated right now. i really can't post my full thoughts because i'd get warned and/or banned for fighter bashing. what makes me angry about Anderson is he could have EASILY finished that fight in the first or second round. Maia did everything he possibly could to push the pace in rounds 3-5 without getting knocked out. at one point he was even on his knees throwing at Anderson. the defining moment of this fight to me was in the 5th round when Maia was trying to walk Anderson down and Anderson was just trotting in a circle and Mirgliotta had to STOP THE FIGHT and threaten to take a point away from Anderson for being too inactive. i have gained a ton of respect for Maia in this fight and lost any i still had for Anderson. i hope more than anything GSP ends Anderson's "run of dominance".
sbulldavid
4/10/10 4:17:10PM
Maia came close to catching him, he definitely tired himself out, I wish he would do that with Belfort. It went from a dominant performance to a sorry performance. What a joke, it would of been hilarious if Maia had knocked him out. He should have knocked him out when he had the chance. I think GSP actually has a chance after watching Anderson with his hands hanging for the last two rounds, plus he's going to have to deal with cutting muscle, he's going to lose some explosion.
chickmagnet
4/10/10 4:24:45PM

Posted by Aether

I agree completely, but the 5th round was intersting. Maia hit Silva flush a few times and made the 5th somewhat exciting.

I have absolute RESPECT for Demian Maia. He never broke mentally from the taunting, and hung in there, Andersons antics were apart of a strategy, he was trying to make Maia lose it and commit wrecklessly..

I wish Belfort wouldve fought Anderson though. After watching this I think Belfort would have beat him or at least gave an interesting exciting fight.
MisterFreeze
4/10/10 4:26:45PM

Posted by sbulldavid

Maia came close to catching him, he definitely tired himself out, I wish he would do that with Belfort. It went from a dominant performance to a sorry performance. What a joke, it would of been hilarious if Maia had knocked him out. He should have knocked him out when he had the chance. I think GSP actually has a chance after watching Anderson with his hands hanging for the last two rounds, plus he's going to have to deal with cutting muscle, he's going to lose some explosion.

Wait, who is gonna have to cut muscle??? If you think Anderson Silva is going to cut down to Welterweight you're dreaming.
If Anderson ever fights GSP it will be at Middleweight.
Gsp walks around at about 195, so it would be easy for him. Not to mention having to cut much less weight will probably give GSP alot more energy than normal.
postman
4/10/10 4:30:16PM

Posted by MisterFreeze

Posted by sbulldavid

Wait, who is gonna have to cut muscle??? If you think Anderson Silva is going to cut down to Welterweight you're dreaming.
Gsp walks around at about 195, so it would be easy for him. Not to mention having to cut much less weight will probably give GSP alot more energy than normal.

GSP is the bigger draw of the two he holds all the cards he wants to fight at 170 its up to him IMO
sbulldavid
4/10/10 4:41:16PM

Posted by sbulldavid

Posted by MisterFreeze

Everybody has been saying Anderson is going to fight GSP at 170, I'm not pulling something out of my ass here, and personally I don't really care if the fight ever happens, I'd just rather see them move up in weight, so we can see more interesting fights.
Hendo67
4/10/10 4:52:07PM
I'm not getting into this because i'll likely be banned forever for the stuff i'll say about Anderson...

Long story short... I'm completely fine with never seeing him fight again, I'm disgusted.
CanadianCripplr
4/10/10 4:53:15PM

Posted by sbulldavid

Did Silva not say he was thinking of going down in class, looking for the best fights? I thought I heard him say so somewhere lately.
I lost some respect for Silva today , it wasnt quite like Kalib Starnes running away but almost as embarrassing. I wonder if hes gonna come out with an excuse like broken hand for last 3 rds...
SamPan
4/10/10 5:11:22PM
Ali taunted opponents, but he also finished them. If that's what Silva's going for he's missing a big part of it
babalu46
4/10/10 6:14:16PM
I would rather be KTFO than taunted for the length of time that Maia was. It's completely insulting if u wanna do the odd bit of taunting fine but to do nothing but taunt is just infuriating.
Aether
4/10/10 6:23:30PM
I think if it were anyone other than a champion doing that he would be released from his contract pretty much immediately.
Hendo67
4/10/10 6:41:03PM
Dana is pretty steamed about it...

Speaking in front of a packed press room, Dana said:

“Believe me, I’ll answer the questions of what a disgrace the main event was. To end it the way that we did was an embarrassment for me, the UFC, the Fertittas and the UAE. If you’re that talented, be Mike Tyson. Go in there and finish.”

When asked whether this fight was worse than Silva’s one last April against Thales Leites, Dana said:

“This one took the cake. I’m blown away, disgusted and saddened. I don’t want to see GSP vs. Silva after tonight. Silva might be the first champion fighting on a prelim card. I don’t want to see that sh*t. I wouldn’t come here (to the press conference) if I was him.”

prie5t
4/10/10 6:58:21PM
His behaviour was cetainly bizarre At first it looked like he was trying to syke and wind himself up or just goad maia into making a mistake or even just open up (as he was hesitant for the first 2 rounds) but when Maia opened up Silva just disengaged.

He's obviously frustrated/ annoyed about something wonder if he has issues outside the cage
5ilvia1
4/10/10 7:28:23PM
Just like everybody, whatever respect i had for that man is completely gone now. I dont understand why he would continue to signal to Maia to fight him yet he wouldn't go in himself. Just goes to show that he must of had some fears in that cage and was overshadowing them with his disrespectful antics. He just became the guy that deserves to get knocked out the most in my book, even more than lesnar.
seanfu
4/10/10 7:51:41PM

Posted by 5ilvia1

Just like everybody, whatever respect i had for that man is completely gone now. I dont understand why he would continue to signal to Maia to fight him yet he wouldn't go in himself. Just goes to show that he must of had some fears in that cage and was overshadowing them with his disrespectful antics. He just became the guy that deserves to get knocked out the most in my book, even more than lesnar.

If more people tried to knock him out he'd be more exciting.
Hendo67
4/10/10 8:10:14PM

Posted by seanfu

Posted by 5ilvia1

If more people tried to knock him out he'd be more exciting.

Where was his attempt to knock someone out? His striking is awesome, what gives? Other than that Knee he was throwing shots that my 10 year old Cat would shake off.
crushedbacon
4/10/10 8:18:53PM
AS looked like a complete fool.... the guy just personified arrogance throughout the fight. That whole 2nd round was awkward to watch.....he talks respect and honor, but that was as classless as you can get. If I was Maia there's no way I woulda shook his hand after that garbage.....

On a side note why didnt Anderson have the red tape round his gloves? Isn't that part of the process, having the gloves taped and signed off by whoever, confirming they have been looked at, and are approved.

State_Champ
4/10/10 8:24:39PM
This fight kindo of remined me of GSP/Hardy-
The champion won
The underdog lost
The champ fought where the challenger was weakest
The champion never seemed to be in any trouble
The fight was boring imo
Neither champ finished but each won a unanimous decision

ect....

postman
4/10/10 8:29:54PM

Posted by State_Champ

The champion won
The underdog lost
The fight was boring imo

ect....

GSP never acted as if he was better then Hardy never show boated. I didn't see it yet so not sure.
cmill21
4/10/10 8:35:39PM

Posted by postman

Posted by State_Champ

The champion won
The underdog lost
The fight was boring imo

ect....

GSP never acted as if he was better then Hardy never show boated. I didn't see it yet so not sure.

Agreed, very different if youre trying to make your opponent look like a fool by taunting, then you can't finish and even get the beat put on you for a while.
State_Champ
4/10/10 8:48:38PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by postman

Posted by State_Champ

The champion won
The underdog lost
The fight was boring imo

ect....

Agreed, very different if youre trying to make your opponent look like a fool by taunting, then you can't finish and even get the beat put on you for a while.

Anderson`s fight was more entertaining.

Why do you guys think Anderson wouldn`t/couldn't/didn't finish Maia?
seanfu
4/10/10 9:03:13PM

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by cmill21

Posted by postman

Posted by State_Champ

The champion won
The underdog lost
The fight was boring imo

ect....

Anderson`s fight was more entertaining.

Why do you guys think Anderson wouldn`t/couldn't/didn't finish Maia?

Because he's scared of freak incident losses to vastly superior groundfighters.
crushedbacon
4/10/10 9:27:46PM
Hendo67
4/10/10 9:39:38PM
People need to quit making excuses for him, he acted like a clown, he was disrespectful end of story.
NatedawgThaM
4/10/10 9:54:43PM
Please bring on Vitor vs Anderson. So Belftort can finish him and show him what a real champ does. Vitor brings it all the time. He at least tries. I use to be a big fan of Silva now im disappointed. WTF...
jgtribbett
4/10/10 10:51:49PM
i dont appreciate waht anderson does, but i also can't complain cause i used love watching genki sudo **** around with ppl
sparky
4/10/10 11:12:58PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Please bring on Vitor vs Anderson. So Belftort can finish him and show him what a real champ does. Vitor brings it all the time. He at least tries. I use to be a big fan of Silva now im disappointed. WTF...

my thoughts exactly
Pages: [1] 2 3