Anderson Silva

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Anderson Silva
sammyd1213
7/7/08 11:27:07PM
Who in the MW division has the best chance at beating him. Some people are pretty high on Cote, I think he would get owned. I have to say that Hendo and Marquardt are the next best fighters in the division.
Thunderfighting
7/7/08 11:34:46PM
only a hundred other threads have asked this. and i think that there is a pretty universal response............NOBODY.
RandyCouture
7/7/08 11:39:54PM
Maybe if god moved to 185 he could beat silva
eyeforeigneye
7/7/08 11:44:48PM
i really doubt anyone can right now in MW..

hopefuls (and i stress hopefuls, i doubt even these guys could do it):
Yushin Okami
Demian Maia
Michael Bisping, well... i dunno about Bisping actually..

if Palhares could beat Hendo (HIGHLY unlikely) then he should be in contention as well
grappler0000
7/7/08 11:45:19PM

Posted by RandyCouture

I'd give God a puncher's chance
sammyd1213
7/7/08 11:54:24PM

Posted by RandyCouture

Silva would KO God early...
RNC
7/7/08 11:57:17PM
Wandy at 185
eyeforeigneye
7/8/08 12:00:36AM

Posted by Dialect

Wandy at 185

nice..

didnt consider that

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/8/08 12:07:52AM
no1 in the middle wieght division man. lhw maybe . wandy wouldnt be one of them. He would get ktfo. anderson has better JJ and better striking. He has a longer reach and there chins are equal or in anderson;s favour.
RNC
7/8/08 12:09:42AM
I honestly think thats the only way its going to happen. No body at 185 right now has a real great chance of beating Silva, he's just a monster. Plain and simple, somebody has to switch weight classes to take Silva out. Wandy would be the best choice in my opinion. He's already speculated that it could happen.

"Maybe it’s possible after this fight to fight at 185. The guys in my division are much tall, and it’s hard. The guys are stronger, but I’ve fought in the division many times, many years. Here, the guys are much stronger. Maybe I’m going to fight next time at 185. I don’t know. As long as they have good opponents for me at 185 too, maybe next time I go down. I don’t know…. It’s hard to go down and fight the champion. I need to fight other guys first. I trained with him a long time ago. We are friends, but a job is a job and friends are friends. In the future maybe it’s possible to fight with him.”

NatedawgThaM
7/8/08 12:18:44AM
I think Jacare has the best chance of all MMA middleweights. His BJJ is light years beyond Andersons not to mention his judo is world class so he would eventually get him down. I mean he took down a great college wrestler before the Mayhem fight.

But out of the UFC, I still think it's Hendo. I think if Maia could get him down he would have the best chance but I think Anderson would pick him apart on the feet and wreck him. So I still think it's Hendo since he's the 1st man to make him lose a round. He has a great chin and he could definitely hold Anderson down for 5 rounds. I just think he needs a little bit more work in the submission defense area and cardio but grecco roman wrestling is probably the best way to beat him. I mean Anderson has a great guard and amateur wrestlers usually shoot doubles and singles which land them most the time in guard where Anderson gets them. Hendo uses the clinch and most the time lands in side mount where half the work is done which is very beneficial against Anderson or anybody else in that matter. If he stuck with the same game plan he could have got out of the second but stood a little too long. So if he stood with that 1st round game plan, he could pull it out.
cheesy-maggot
7/8/08 12:59:38AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I think Jacare has the best chance of all MMA middleweights. His BJJ is light years beyond Andersons not to mention his judo is world class so he would eventually get him down. I mean he took down a great college wrestler before the Mayhem fight.

But out of the UFC, I still think it's Hendo. I think if Maia could get him down he would have the best chance but I think Anderson would pick him apart on the feet and wreck him. So I still think it's Hendo since he's the 1st man to make him lose a round. He has a great chin and he could definitely hold Anderson down for 5 rounds. I just think he needs a little bit more work in the submission defense area and cardio but grecco roman wrestling is probably the best way to beat him. I mean Anderson has a great guard and amateur wrestlers usually shoot doubles and singles which land them most the time in guard where Anderson gets them. Hendo uses the clinch and most the time lands in side mount where half the work is done which is very beneficial against Anderson or anybody else in that matter. If he stuck with the same game plan he could have got out of the second but stood a little too long. So if he stood with that 1st round game plan, he could pull it out.

Pretty much agree except the part about Hendo needing to work on his cardio.
RandyCouture
7/8/08 1:32:57AM
Silva will get beat by somebody just give it time there will be an epic upset just ask tyson everybody thought he was unstoppable until he ran into an 8-1 underdog no name called buster douglas. Just give it time.
sammyd1213
7/8/08 1:36:20AM

Posted by RandyCouture

Silva will get beat by somebody just give it time there will be an epic upset just ask tyson everybody thought he was unstoppable until he ran into an 8-1 underdog no name called buster douglas. Just give it time.

Youre right. He will lose. It may not be to an 8-1 underdog, but he will get beat.
MuSh
7/8/08 3:40:01AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

i'm gonna have to agree with that. Hendo can beat him if he follows right game plan. dont stand with silva too dangerous
Khaos
7/8/08 4:09:06AM
I'd have to say in time:

Demian Maia

or

Nate Quarry
Gipper
7/8/08 9:25:49AM
anderson silva is one of a kind. he has completely dominated so far in his ufc career. i don't see this guy losing any time soon mw or lhw. although irvin and cote are his next 2 fights....he's got a few serious tests before the end of the year.

i think cote is going to surprise a lot of people. IF there's a guy that can stand and exchange with anderson in the mw division it's patrick cote.
bullettdodger
7/8/08 1:43:27PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I disagree about Jacare being able to get Anderson down and submit him. If Mayhem can neutralize (by this i mean stay out of submissions and exchange position) Jacare's JJ then i have to think Anderson really doesn't have much to worry about there either.
komodo20
7/8/08 2:57:59PM
I think Demian Maia could beat Anderson Silva and Maia is one of the best bjj guys in the world i really think that it would not be a good fight if Anderson fights Cote or Okami Demian Maia and Anderson Silva would be a good fight to see and Maia has a good change of winning
Naturaldisaster
7/8/08 3:20:11PM
I dont think he will get beat until he fights Demian Maia
Thunderfighting
7/8/08 5:58:29PM
I love how everyone says the same things. "He will beat beat". No kidding, he will be beat, just not now. He is in his prime, and as far as that is concerned he is having the best "prime" i have ever seen. When he starts to age and come out of it a little just like Hughes did, then he will be beaten, but friends......that wont be for a while.

And if he is beat, it will be by Hendo, no doubt, but that doesnt mean that he wont just take his title right back.
Pookie
7/8/08 6:03:31PM

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I disagree about Jacare being able to get Anderson down and submit him. If Mayhem can neutralize (by this i mean stay out of submissions and exchange position) Jacare's JJ then i have to think Anderson really doesn't have much to worry about there either.

Mayhem has really good defensive jits... i still could see jacare subbing anderson... its possible.
sammyd1213
7/8/08 6:09:34PM
I think Hendo has a great chance at beating him.
mikevolz
7/8/08 6:11:19PM
i don't understand people saying maia would beat him.

i think maia would get SMASHED and im a huge fan of maia.

Maia's weakness is his boxing and his wrestling. he is now don't take this the wrong way 'typical' brazilian fighter. Good striking (not great) amazing ju-jitsu, and very little in between game.if ed herman was able to punish maia during the take down a little more i think he would of taken him. Maia was gassed when he subbed herman. silva would back up against maia, stuff his telegraphed shots and beat him down with strikes. I honestly think jason macdonald will beat maia, by stuff his shot, punishing him on the takedown and outboxing him. however if it touches the ground macdonald is gonna get his acl sheered in half. another problem maia has is he doesn't have a lot of athleticism, whereas anderson silva has a lot.

i think jacare would stand a chance in about 6 or 7 fights. when he has some more time to work on his wrestling and striking (which he is doing). Jacare's biggest asset i think is his athleticism and his growing ability to punish his opponents on the ground. not just with submissions, but he is getting better at ground strikes (that maia also falters in).

another chance would be manhoef. however i think that fight would never happen under an athletic commission (cough cough).

Anderson's weakness is his top game ju-jitsu. so someone like an 185/205 lbs aoki would be his undoing.
Thunderfighting
7/8/08 6:17:21PM