Anderson Silva 205

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Anderson Silva 205
nickcuc547
3/8/09 2:09:05PM
After watching all of these lhw fights over the last six months or so I honestly think Anderson Silva can beat anybody in that division and could be the ufc lhw champ. there aren't too many guys in that weight class that could put him on his back for five rounds and he could out point everybody in that weight class. henderson couldn't hold silva down and he is one of the best wrestlers at 205.
tmas
3/8/09 2:38:41PM
thats why he is #1 p4p in the world
Boo_Radley21
3/8/09 3:12:59PM
I don't know if he could beat everyone in the weight class, I'm sure he could be comptetive at 205 though. I don't think he could beat Rampage or some of the other really powerful guys.

State_Champ
3/8/09 4:54:57PM
I just really hope we get to see Anderson explore the ranks of the 205 division!
postman
3/8/09 8:46:32PM

Posted by nickcuc547

henderson couldn't hold silva down and he is one of the best wrestlers at 205.

Dan had him on his back the whole first round. The second round he tried to stand and lost. Machida would beat Anderson IMO I know they train together. I think Rashad could get him to the ground and hold him there.
bls1919
3/8/09 9:38:36PM
Silva doesn't want to have to fight Machida. Thats it in a nutshell. Silva should stay at 185, that ther is elite competition at the top again.
Violence108
3/8/09 9:46:01PM
i hope he goes up and stays , i mean there is no one at 185 really that can hold a candle to him right now, i think at 97 he should move up to 205 and go for the title, i think he could be champ by the end of 2010
good matchs ups for him i think
-Shogun
-Rampage
-Silva(Wandy)
-Forrest

bad match up for him
-Vera(great striker could give Silva a run for his money
-Evans(great wrestler and quick powerful hands and feet)
-Jon Jones (maybe in a few years, u never now)

just a thought, do u thing the Okami/Miller fight is for a title shot?
Boo_Radley21
3/8/09 10:58:12PM

Posted by Violence108

I thought Okami should have got (and was supposed to get) a title shot a while back. But thats just me. It could be you never know.
prozacnation1978
3/9/09 11:24:06AM
i think silva has so many contenders right now that it will be a long time before he goes up to 205 again
Hendo67
3/9/09 1:50:25PM
what? Dan couldn't hold down Anderson? he did for 95% of the first round.
chickmagnet
3/12/09 2:12:50AM

Posted by Violence108

i hope he goes up and stays , i mean there is no one at 185 really that can hold a candle to him right now, i think at 97 he should move up to 205 and go for the title, i think he could be champ by the end of 2010
good matchs ups for him i think
-Shogun
-Rampage
-Silva(Wandy)
-Forrest

bad match up for him
-Vera(great striker could give Silva a run for his money
-Evans(great wrestler and quick powerful hands and feet)
-Jon Jones (maybe in a few years, u never now)

I agree but he wont fight Machida and I think he would make quick work of Vera, Vera has problems in the clinch with stronger guys(Jardine, Werdum, Sylvia) and word is Anderson is one of the strongest clinch fighters, I think if Silva made it out of round one he would KO Vera within seconds of round two. I think he could beat Evans but the way Jon Jones fights I could see he one day beating Silva. I think Jardine could do well against Anderson as well.
TheBestEVER
3/12/09 6:19:33PM
Without a doubt Anderson is top 5 in the LHW division and I could easily see him beating anyone at 205. I could also see several LHW's beating him tho, fights are all about styles, and anything can happen. I can for sure see Anderson with the belt someday if he doesnt retire.
cloud301336
3/12/09 6:28:02PM
maybe the answer for anderson silva greatest opponent is not up but down, if you get what i'm saying (GSP)
the_01
3/15/09 2:59:21PM
If Machida loses to Rashad, which I dought, only then Anderson can step in and take a title shot, and easily take the title for this weight division. As listed in a previous reply, GSP is probably the only challenge available at the moment for Anderson, otherwise, its a waste pf time.
scobac
3/15/09 7:54:11PM
Demian Maia, Chael Sonnen, Yushin Okami, I would like to see silva take on these 3 guys at middleweight before a move up to 205. I also believe these guys have fighting styles that can beat anderson. If he is going to get beat chances are it is goin to be at the hands of a superior grappler, my opinion all 3 of the above mentioned are. He would be competative at 205, hell he would be competative at HW.
mrsmiley
3/15/09 8:03:10PM
I would put Rashad over Anderson.
Hendo67
3/16/09 6:35:42PM
Anderson vs Manhoef