Anderson says win or lose to Bonnar, he may not return to middleweight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Anderson says win or lose to Bonnar, he may not return to middleweight
Next Page »
jjeans
9/21/12 11:22:27AM
After years of dominating the UFC middleweight division, champ Anderson Silva doesn’t seem to have the interest in continually proving to be the king of the 185 pounders. During a recent interview with Guilherme Cruz of Tatame Magazine, Silva started off on the topic of Chris Weidman’s denial of a title fight in 2012; then veering off into talks of vacating the title in order to take on new challenges. Superfight anyone?

LINK

========================

Does that mean Boetsch/Wiedman would be for the title?
KingCmb
9/21/12 11:25:51AM
i feel like im not interested in anymore fights ad mw anyway so he might as well
kopower
9/21/12 11:46:26AM

Posted by the-king

i feel like im not interested in anymore fights ad mw anyway so he might as well

Agreed. However, I would like to see Weidman get a crack down the road. Other than that, not many others tickle my fancy.

There are so many interesting fights for Silva at 205.
bjj1605
9/21/12 12:26:47PM
Is this his Plan B since GSP still doesn't seem very interested?
frizzzlecake
9/21/12 12:36:22PM
I wish the media would ignore Anderson Silva's maybes. I remember he want's to fight for years, that he wants to move to heavyweight, etc etc.
tallica62
9/21/12 12:43:01PM
he should get a fight with the title holder to every weight division until he loses..that would be bad ass
meier
9/21/12 12:45:23PM
Bas rutten vs anderson silva
ghandikush
9/21/12 1:06:54PM
He can duck Weidman all he wants..... either way he's posturing for a shot against Vitor if Vitor wins.... I could definitely see Silva beating most heavyweights as they would be much slower but not able to handle Andersons punches and footwork....

Anderson would be a killer against Uber and possibly Cain
finnish_line
9/21/12 1:07:47PM
If he vacated (he won't) I would assume the winner of Boetsch/Weidman would face the winner of Stann/Bisping for the title.
Chael_Sonnen
9/21/12 1:07:57PM
Hey An-der-son - - - stay outta MY DIVISION.....I get it, you want to be in the presence of greatness, but like you told Jersey Boy, be patient, wait your turn....I'm running the show @ 205, ya got that?
ghandikush
9/21/12 1:11:21PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Hey An-der-son - - - stay outta MY DIVISION.....I get it, you want to be in the presence of greatness, but like you told Jersey Boy, be patient, wait your turn....I'm running the show @ 205, ya got that?

haha one of you is undefeated at 205 and one has a 50/50 win percentage...... but which one

Anyway, actually finish Forrest and maybe you can be more than a media clown for the UFC
BigBadAl
9/21/12 1:13:15PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Some people never learn.

I'm sure Chael P will spinning backfist Anderson back to 185 if he dare try 205
prophecy033
9/21/12 1:28:48PM
I don't mind him staying at 205 as long as 2 things happen

1) he vacates the MW belt
2) fights Jones
Chael_Sonnen
9/21/12 1:31:59PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

haha one of you is undefeated at 205 and one has a 50/50 win percentage...... but which one

Anyway, actually finish Forrest and maybe you can be more than a media clown for the UFC

How was HIGH SCHOOL today Lauren?

Did you get an A in lunch?
sparky
9/21/12 1:33:52PM
Sounds like someone is scared of Weidman if you ask me seems like Anderson is doing everything he can to avoid having to fight him..... I said it ages ago Anderson will vacate the belt before fighting Weidman because he will lose and he wants to go out on top.
ghandikush
9/21/12 1:53:19PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Got an A in reminding you about your several asswhoopings everytime you open your cocky mouth hahaha You can run but you can hide from the BBQ at 205
Chael_Sonnen
9/21/12 1:57:21PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Got an A in reminding you about your several asswhoopings everytime you open your cocky mouth hahaha You can run but you can hide from the BBQ at 205

Hey Lauren, you just got an F in sentence structure.

Hey Princess, I LOVE YOU
airkerma
9/21/12 2:07:12PM
I don't see the point in this...fortunately it's still in the maybe category. I like the idea of him fighting some LHWs, but if him and Bones have both stated they don't want to fight each other, is he just going to play second banana fiddle at that weight class?
ghandikush
9/21/12 2:10:24PM
Sorry Chael no uglies.....
Bubbles
9/21/12 2:11:09PM

Posted by ghandikush

He can duck Weidman all he wants..... either way he's posturing for a shot against Vitor if Vitor wins.... I could definitely see Silva beating most heavyweights as they would be much slower but not able to handle Andersons punches and footwork....

Cain would ragdoll Silva. He matches up better with Overeem but AO will KO Anderson
jae_1833
9/21/12 2:20:00PM

Posted by prophecy033

I don't mind him staying at 205 as long as 2 things happen

1) he vacates the MW belt
2) fights Jones

Manak
9/21/12 2:20:08PM

Posted by ghandikush

anderson is a legend but no way he is beating the top guys at HW; their size would be too much. Andy's TDD would get ran through by the guys like cain and carwin as well as overeem, his speed will only help him vs the lower and middle tier guys. not to mention HWs tend to have better chins. I know at 205, he still had his speed but how much of his speed will be there with the extra weight for HW, when he needs to be around 230 lbs. these HWs are only getting bigger along. andy also uses his reach a lot but at HW guys will be use to long reaches. I am all for Andy testing himself and would love to see it but I dont think he would do good vs the top HWs
jae_1833
9/21/12 2:24:45PM
Like everyone I would love to see Andy vs Jones....but if he doesn't take or win that fight then I really hope they match him up with Gustaffson!
Poor_Franklin
9/21/12 2:25:55PM
if Chael can take Anderson down essentially whenever he wants, then Cain would Rule Anderson.

The only chance Anderson has against Cain is if the fight is forced to stay on the feet, & i still wouldn't give Anderson more than a 50% chance, & i think that's being generous.
Manak
9/21/12 2:33:58PM

Posted by sparky

Sounds like someone is scared of Weidman if you ask me seems like Anderson is doing everything he can to avoid having to fight him..... I said it ages ago Anderson will vacate the belt before fighting Weidman because he will lose and he wants to go out on top.

I'm still baffled people andy is scarred or ducking someone. lets just look at this list:

Dan Henderson
Chael Sonnen x2
Rich Franklin x2
Forest Griffin
Vitor Belfort
Nate Marquardt
Yushin Okami
finally openly said he wants GSP (even thought it great timing for and bad for GSP

but after fighting and finishing all these guys listed minus GSP, in what way is weidman a stand out from that list to be scared of???

if he wants to vacate the title it is not because of he is scarred to fight weidman, it is because he wants big fights to finish his career and weidman doesnt have the name or credentials to help andy's resume. yes Jon Jones would be the best fight for him to challenge himself but both guys don't want it yet so I am for the time being over it. so if he wants to fight big names and higher weight classes than coo just vacate the title. ghandikush points out a good point that he could just be setting him self up for a vitor rematch if vitor is the LHW champ
ghandikush
9/21/12 2:36:00PM

Posted by Manak

Posted by ghandikush

anderson is a legend but no way he is beating the top guys at HW; their size would be too much. Andy's TDD would get ran through by the guys like cain and carwin as well as overeem, his speed will only help him vs the lower and middle tier guys. not to mention HWs tend to have better chins. I know at 205, he still had his speed but how much of his speed will be there with the extra weight for HW, when he needs to be around 230 lbs. these HWs are only getting bigger along. andy also uses his reach a lot but at HW guys will be use to long reaches. I am all for Andy testing himself and would love to see it but I dont think he would do good vs the top HWs

He wont stop the takedown but if they cant get close and touch him they cant take him down a la lyoto..... Anderson would light Alistair up unless Alistair could get a clinch/TD

Dont a single one of you forget Anderson can just not cut his LHW weight and come in at 225.....
BillsNewAccount
9/21/12 2:52:51PM
I grow tired from all these lies surrounding Chael Sonnen's name. Chael clearly stated that he is undefeated at middle weight and is the present 205 champ. If he wasn't the champ then how did he get the belt? Everyone is going to feel real stupid when he beats Forrest Griffin... Again!
ghandikush
9/21/12 2:59:07PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

I grow tired from all these lies surrounding Chael Sonnen's name. Chael clearly stated that he is undefeated at middle weight and is the present 205 champ. If he wasn't the champ then how did he get the belt? Everyone is going to feel real stupid when he beats Forrest Griffin... Again!

you might be mistake because heres the vid where he smells forrests balls before blacking out again

Sonnen loves the smell of normal sized testes
BillsNewAccount
9/21/12 3:08:02PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by BillsNewAccount

you might be mistake because heres the vid where he smells forrests balls before blacking out again

Sonnen loves the smell of normal sized testes

Forrest Griffin spent the round fighting off his back. I'd give the round to Chael 10-9.
bjj1605
9/21/12 3:10:49PM

Posted by ghandikush

Now I really really REALLY want to take those props back.....

Posted by sparky

All that needs to be said.

Posted by Manak

I'm still baffled people andy is scarred or ducking someone. lets just look at this list:

Dan Henderson
Chael Sonnen x2
Rich Franklin x2
Forest Griffin
Vitor Belfort
Nate Marquardt
Yushin Okami
finally openly said he wants GSP (even thought it great timing for and bad for GSP

but after fighting and finishing all these guys listed minus GSP, in what way is weidman a stand out from that list to be scared of???

if he wants to vacate the title it is not because of he is scarred to fight weidman, it is because he wants big fights to finish his career and weidman doesnt have the name or credentials to help andy's resume.

So much this.
Pages: [1] 2