Anderson says Machida Deserves the Title, and that his Fight at 205 is only a Personal Favor

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Anderson says Machida Deserves the Title, and that his Fight at 205 is only a Personal Favor
Wolfenstein
7/9/08 11:22:38AM
In an interview Anderson alludes to fighting at 205 is only a personal favor, and that the lhw title is Machida's. He has no plans of fighting for the 205 title.

Link
Twenty20Dollars
7/9/08 11:52:24AM
kinda a self-fish move on dana's part.

i mean there are still a lot of fighters at 185 for Anderson. Dana had me all thinking anderson was wanting to move up to 205, but it was dana that wanted him too.
jocka
7/9/08 12:08:40PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

kinda a self-fish move on dana's part.

i mean there are still a lot of fighters at 185 for Anderson. Dana had me all thinking anderson was wanting to move up to 205, but it was dana that wanted him too.

I think its something that Spike might of ask when the UFC talked about putting a free card on Spike TV, don t forget that Anderson is acclaimed has the best P4P fighther plus he just got the award for most dangerous man in a Spike tv award show not too long ago. Thats some nice publicity for the casual fan don't you think?
Bowen50
7/9/08 12:29:45PM
Dana needed a huge name to put on the July 19th card because he's trying to compete with Affliction and there really wasn't any competitive match ups at 185. You also don't really want to throw together a title fight on short notice.
grappler0000
7/9/08 1:54:41PM

Posted by Bowen50

Dana needed a huge name to put on the July 19th card because he's trying to compete with Affliction and there really wasn't any competitive match ups at 185. You also don't really want to throw together a title fight on short notice.

Not only that but they are using counter-advertising to assist the counter-programming. Affliction is marketing Fedor as the P4P best, so Dana takes the fighter that most in the industry currently consider the P4P king and give him a interesting challenge and a way to prove it.
scpd400
7/9/08 3:04:11PM
A lot of people might not like Dana, but I think he is pretty smart when it comes to running the UFC business, and to him it's all business.
Darnok
7/9/08 3:27:12PM

Posted by grappler0000

Not only that but they are using counter-advertising to assist the counter-programming. Affliction is marketing Fedor as the P4P best, so Dana takes the fighter that most in the industry currently consider the P4P king and give him a interesting challenge and a way to prove it.

I never even clued into that. Wow nice call.
stock
7/9/08 4:33:43PM
I am glad, as I would like to see Anderson Silva stay at MW.
However, he will get to prove that he can dominate in two weight classes with a convincing KO over Irvin.

whardin19
7/9/08 4:45:35PM
Anderson doing this fight as a favor to Dana huh? I also thought Anderson wanted to fight at 205. But, I guess he wants his boy Machida to get the belt there. Personally it's probably a good move because I think the top level 205ers would beat Silva. As for Machida winning the 205 belt I'm not sold on that. I like Machida and everything but I think there's many people that can beat him in that weight class: Liddell, Thiago Silva, Jardine, Wanderlei Silva, and Griffin.
Lucas
7/10/08 5:45:08AM
IMO Jardine and Griffin would not beat machida, the fact Griffin is Light Heavyweight champ doesn't excite me in the slightest theres to many people out there who could beat him. He is never going to KO a top level fighter. The only way he will beat top opposition is by winning a decision.

I know people will say what about shogun but he submitted him because he was exhausted as he wasn't ready for the cage.