IS ANDERSON AND ROY JONES A FIGHT WORTH SEEING?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » IS ANDERSON AND ROY JONES A FIGHT WORTH SEEING?
Spyderman1074
3/25/08 11:10:24PM
SERIOUSLY IS IT? WHAT ARE SOME PREDICTIONS YOU GUYS HAVE? THAT IS IF IT HAPPENS
ChokeUout
3/26/08 12:39:06AM
It's absolutely worth seeing. Dunno if it's worth buying a PPV, but If I can find someplace to watch it for free, I definetly will. I mean, Silva will be a huge underdog going up against one of the best boxers ever when he was in his prime.

Can Silva beat, or even compete, with a legend? Is Jones past his prime? Who knows, but I for one wanna see that fight to find out.

If Silva CAN somehow pull out the upset, it would bring so much credibility to Silva, and maybe moreso, the UFC. The pressure on silva in this fight isn't so much for his rep, he's a huge underdog. But he's carrying the UFC on his back to a certain extent in this fight, being their representative against Roy Jones Jr trying to prove that Mixed Martial Artists are technical too.

And I, for one, would love to watch it
chubbud22
3/26/08 2:14:16AM
I would rather see them in the cage where Anderson would desroy him
Kpro
3/26/08 2:37:59AM
If Anderson was in a different promotion, I would truly believe a combination MMA/Boxing PPV was in the works (not style vs. style but MMA fights and Boxing fights on the same card, culminating in a Silva/RJJ main event); but I don't see the UFC doing any co-promotions with anyone.
CornishMMA
3/26/08 7:45:47AM
I think its beyond retarded!

I mean WTF guys we have been scoffing whenever boxers say they could come in the cage and win, and its true they couldnt cos its very different, but FFS it works both ways so why we think we can send one of our best MMA guys to the boxing ring in the hope he can win is totally retarded
disturbed_fighter
3/26/08 8:33:35AM

Posted by ChokeUout

It's absolutely worth seeing. Dunno if it's worth buying a PPV, but If I can find someplace to watch it for free, I definetly will. I mean, Silva will be a huge underdog going up against one of the best boxers ever when he was in his prime.

Can Silva beat, or even compete, with a legend? Is Jones past his prime? Who knows, but I for one wanna see that fight to find out.

If Silva CAN somehow pull out the upset, it would bring so much credibility to Silva, and maybe moreso, the UFC. The pressure on silva in this fight isn't so much for his rep, he's a huge underdog. But he's carrying the UFC on his back to a certain extent in this fight, being their representative against Roy Jones Jr trying to prove that Mixed Martial Artists are technical too.

And I, for one, would love to watch it

but in the boxing ring jones would destroy him
TWITA
3/26/08 9:45:51AM
If this fight would occur in a ring under boxing rules, Roy would S-M-O-K-E Silva. I think that this is the problem facing Silva right now in the UFC - he's kicked so much ass in the UFC that he's having to resort to stunts like this to keep his momentum going. ALSO - Dana would never let this fight happen. His pound-for-pound golden boy getting crushed by a boxer would not be good for the UFC or MMA.
fullerene
3/26/08 10:07:22AM
I'd be more interested in seeing how Silva did in a rematch against Osmar Teixeira.
wolfman
3/26/08 10:24:08AM
I agree with Cornish and TWITA, this probably won't happen and shouldn't happen.
mrliquid
3/26/08 11:43:13AM
I don't think it should happen but if it did Silva would be outboxed by Jones he is to talented and the bigger gloves would take alot of power from Andersons striking I don't think he would hold his own in a boxing match against a fighter like Roy imo
RMFG_187
3/26/08 3:16:24PM
does anyone know if A Silva's UFC Contract would allow this fight to happen? and also how many fights does he have left under UFC Contract?