Anderson Still plans to face Roy Jones Jr.

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Anderson Still plans to face Roy Jones Jr.
Wolfenstein
3/24/09 5:20:04PM
PDL – It looks like your dreamed-of bout with boxer Roy Jones, which would mark your retirement, may really happen. Is that true?

AS – After my contract with the UFC ends and end my career in MMA, I intend to have a boxing match with Roy Jones. That’s something that’s already been arranged, it’s all practically a done deal. Now I just have to wait and see.

link
Gipper
3/24/09 5:37:35PM
roy jones would pick anderson apart in a boxing match.
EvenFlow
3/24/09 5:37:38PM
I dont see how this helps his MMA career? especially if he loses, besides Roy Jones is 40 and a shell of his prime days, whats the point. I'd say just stick to MMA but money talks, it could possibly win boxing fans and make Anderson a pretty penny.
JimiMak
3/24/09 5:41:42PM
I think he'll let his contract run out, fight this fight, and win lose or draw come out of mma retirement.

He's not doing it to help his mma career, he's doing it to challenge himself.

He will lose badly if it happens anytime soon.
WheelchairBandit
3/24/09 7:56:19PM
It's not about the money-Anderson has wanted to fight Roy Jones for years.It's just a dream fight for him.He'd fight him for free.

In the pre-fight interview before his fight with Carlos Newton,Stephen Quadros asked Anderson,"I heard you say that you consider yourself to be the Brazilian Roy Jones."

Anderson looks at him funny and says,"Hell yeah,I think I'm better than that guy!"

WB.
komodo20
3/24/09 8:06:49PM
This is a fight i am still waiting on i would love to see this happen. I think Roy jones would take this.
theguido
3/24/09 9:08:00PM
beating up a old Jones jr. would do wonders for anyones ego LMFAO
crushedbacon
3/24/09 9:17:06PM
Yeah I'm failing to see the significance of this fight. If it goes down I see Anderson getting beat up pretty good......his striking style is so MMA based that his skill set isn't going translate when he takes on one of the best pound for pound boxers ever..... even if he is in the twilight of his career.
urbman
3/24/09 10:44:49PM
I don't really see where either guy benefits from this fight(if it goes off)unless there's a significant payday to be had.If Jones wins it'll be said he was supposed to because he's a professional boxer,if Silva somehow won, it'll just be he fought a great champion on the downside of his career in his 40's.
Jackelope
3/24/09 11:30:45PM

Posted by urbman

I don't really see where either guy benefits from this fight(if it goes off)unless there's a significant payday to be had.If Jones wins it'll be said he was supposed to because he's a professional boxer,if Silva somehow won, it'll just be he fought a great champion on the downside of his career in his 40's.

Exactly. If he really wants to make a point, he should fight B-Hop
higdon10
3/25/09 1:08:29PM
This makes absolutley no sense for either man. But when this fight happens, I'll confidently take Jones Jr.