If Anderson gets by Nate...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » If Anderson gets by Nate...
johny_rotten
6/17/07 1:35:57PM
Does anyone think Rich is a real threat to the MW crown? From his first destruction of Ace, and how unimpressed I am with Rich in his two fights since Anderson I would have to say, no. I think Rich is making a huge mistake accepting this title shot. Where will he be left after 2 losses to Anderson? He better hope Nate can pull off the upset.
DJDark41
6/17/07 1:45:50PM
I think Rich is gonna stand a better chance against Silva the second time, assuming Silva gets past Nate the Great. Rich is gonna be ready for everything. If Silva is gonna demolish Franklin again, Anderson is gonna have to come up with something new to surprise Rich with. Judging from his last two fights I don't think he's ready for a title shot yet, I think they should've given him at least one more real good fighter in a fight for the next title shot. Look for Franklin to come out and be very cautious of Anderson Silva, but if he fights Marquardt, then he's gonna be his old self. He is a decent contender right now, but I don't know if he's fully recovered from the trauma of his first good ass kicking.
shackle
6/17/07 1:50:32PM
I don't think he wants Anderson's stand up again. If he takes it to the ground, and works his ground n pound I think he has a great chance. Of course he must avoid Anderson's submissions/knees while doing it. I don't think he will have a big problem getting Anderson down. if Silva keeps it standing unless rich goes in with a smart game plan he will have a ruff night.

Nate is going to be a dangerous fight for Silva too. If they are smart enough to take it to the ground then I can see either one of them winning the fight. I'm not saying silv'a ground game is bad, but it isn't as good as his stand up imo. Silva's biggest weakness is his take down defense, and lutter exposed that. People try to claim his back was hurt either way I still beleave silva take down defense isn't that great injury or not.
hippysmacker
6/17/07 1:57:27PM

Posted by shackle

I don't think he wants Anderson's stand up again. If he takes it to the ground, and works his ground n pound I think he has a great chance. Of course he must avoid Anderson's submissions/knees while doing it. I don't think he will have a big problem getting Anderson down. if Silva keeps it standing unless rich goes in with a smart game plan he will have a ruff night.

Nate is going to be a dangerous fight for Silva too. If they are smart enough to take it to the ground then I can see either one of them winning the fight. I'm not saying silv'a ground game is bad, but it isn't as good as his stand up imo. Silva's biggest weakness is his take down defense, and lutter exposed that. People try to claim his back was hurt either way I still beleave silva take down defense isn't that great injury or not.

babalu2720
6/17/07 2:14:27PM
I agrre Shackle thats exactly y i picked nate, hell get it 2 tha ground eventually and finish anderson off
DangerousDjohn
6/17/07 2:14:28PM
I would love to see Anderson break Rich's nose again. The sad part about that is I love Rich.
Stickan
6/17/07 2:24:09PM
I think Nate beats Anderson but IF Anderson wins...

I don't know... Franklin - Silva 2 is a tough fight to pick. Franklin is such a cerebral fighter so you know he'll have a good gameplan. On the other hand I think Silva is a little bit sharper in every area of the game except wrestling.
Really tough fight to pick....
johny_rotten
6/17/07 2:31:14PM
I agree Nate and Rich can get the fight to the ground at some point, probably early. Then what? Anderson is very dangerous off his back, and is great at sweeps. The problem I see for both Rich and Nate is niether one are great finishers. Anderson is too dangerous to keep around for 5 rounds. I think Nate has the tools on the ground to keep Anderson down, and deliver enough damage to win. His wresteling, BJJ, and GNP are all top notch. Rich however is above average at all those things, but isn't great.

My pick for both fight though is Anderson. I think he stops Nate in the 3rd, and Rich in the 2nd.
Ultimate_fighter
6/17/07 2:34:09PM
Anderson wont get by nate, but if he did, i think silva would beat franklin, i just think that his standup is better.
Northrend
6/17/07 2:58:18PM
I think Silva would beat Rich again because his standup is better, he has a better clinch (One of Rich's biggest weapons) and I don't think Rich can take it to the ground very well with a simple double leg/single leg. He usually uses his clinch to start the takedown but I think he will be very gunshy to get into the clinch (for obvious reasons.) I see Silva KO'ing him again by headkick.
kimoron
6/17/07 3:04:53PM
i like silva in both of these fights. marqaurdt definately has the capability to take silva down but i dont see being able to keep him down. nates best shot to win is on the ground but i dont see it happening. after nate silva will face franklin which i dont see ending any differently then the first time.
tepid55
6/17/07 3:35:07PM
If Silva retains his title, he will crush Franklin again.
KYGUY07
6/17/07 4:23:11PM
I dont think Silva will get passed Nate, Silva will be taken down and nate will win by t.k.o 2nd round, the when Rich and Nate fight, Franklin will get his belt back.
hook_tothe_body
6/17/07 7:30:50PM
Nate/Silva will be a tough fight for both of them. If Silva gets by Nate, I think Silva will beat Rich again just not so clearly. It'll be a tougher fight, but I think Silva will eventually get the (T)KO.

Silvas stand up is better, and I don't like Richs chin ...
Damien6663
6/17/07 10:07:09PM
Rich will last longer but ultimately suffer the same fate as he did in fight 1...imo rich does not have the ground game to ride anderson for a decision, and when you standup with silva, well its always bad news.
Damien6663
6/17/07 10:08:48PM
Then again im one of the people who think nate matches up great against anderson, and rich matches up well against nate. I could see nate taking silva by decision, then losing to franklin. Gotta remember hendo may be in the mix at 185 soon too, who is also a bad matchup for rich.
Kastro
6/18/07 3:26:17PM
I like Anderson Silva, he is a great champ who is very exciting too watch and he is marketable IMO.

In order for Nate to win he is going to have to take this fight to the ground (which shouldn't be that hard to do) and pound out Silva, at the same time he has to be careful because Anderson can easily pull off a submission from his back.

Anderson Silva is very well-rounded. He almost lost his last fight after being taken down, and I will bet you any money that since then he has been working on his take-down defense and his ability to defend the ground and pound/elbows that most UFC fighters do.

I think Anderson is going to win this fight by KO.
JewJitsu
6/18/07 8:09:04PM
I expect "Nate The Great" to win this fight.

He will be able to take Anderson down and when he does I firmly believe he will be able to hold him there and pound on him.

Nate, TKO, Rd. 4. Believe it.
DoTheMMAth
6/18/07 8:30:21PM
In the event Silva makes it by the (IMO very underrated Marquardt) I would be very shocked if Rich could take him. To me it seemed like the only reason Rich won this last fight is because Okami only fought for 1 round. I'm rooting for Silva to win his next bout so I can wager my whole friggin' bankroll on Silva eating him alive again

But that's a very big IF, I'm pretty torn on making a pick on the Anderson/Nate fight, tough call
shackle
6/18/07 9:50:21PM
He doens't speak English well he maybe pretty exciting, but he is very far from marketable as of now. Rich was much more marketable then silva was by far... at least to the casual American fans which out number us hardcore fans greatly.

Thats why UFC is promoting the tito/ evans fight more then the silva fight which is a championship fight. Look at the banners at UFC.com

I'm sure Silva can become more marketable, but it will take time. He also MUST learn English which he seems to be doing pretty well.

I could be wrong though.. belfort/rizzo where very marketable back in there good days.

Posted by Kastro
he is marketable IMO..

vcr88
6/18/07 11:15:26PM
How many of you have seen more than just UFC fights from Silva because from the looks of it you dont really know what youre talking about. Im not saying Silva is a genius at the ground game but he does a very good job at making sure that whoever he is fighting cannot take advantage of the top position and he knows how to easily get the dominant position from the bottom using his long legs and his butterfly gaurd. So unless Nate or Rich get really lucky i dont see them winning. Although i think that the one who might have a better chance is definately Nate.
johny_rotten
6/19/07 2:21:51AM

Posted by vcr88

How many of you have seen more than just UFC fights from Silva because from the looks of it you dont really know what youre talking about. Im not saying Silva is a genius at the ground game but he does a very good job at making sure that whoever he is fighting cannot take advantage of the top position and he knows how to easily get the dominant position from the bottom using his long legs and his butterfly gaurd. So unless Nate or Rich get really lucky i dont see them winning. Although i think that the one who might have a better chance is definately Nate.

Agreed!!! Listen Anderson is Nog black belt. that doesn't mean he is just a BJJ black belt. It means he is a MMA gi/no gi BJJ black belt. Nog has left BTT to train with Black House, and at his home with Anderson for their fights at UFC 73. Hell last time out Anderson submitted a Abu Dhabi vet in a triangle. Nate and Rich are good on the ground, but not that level, or no where near that level. Anderson will not lose this fight on the ground.
fatdevil1982
6/19/07 12:07:45PM
if you watch the lutter fight closely silva was holding lutters biceps while he was punching, this kept his arms from fully extending and getting good punches on him, andersons face never realy looked like he was hurt at all.

if any one takes anderson its a realy amazing submission or a ground and pound win.

he allows most takedown because of his confidence on the ground, but the ground is vulnerability. not so much by sub, but by ground and pound.

marquardt could deffinately get this win so long as he is very carefull on his feet
xchickox
6/19/07 12:14:38PM
i think anderson will beat rich in the rematch but i dont think nearly as easy as the first fight, i think it will go at least 2 or 3 rounds, maybe even to decision
fatdevil1982
6/19/07 12:23:15PM
deffinately, when rich first stated he was sick for that fight i was skeptic but looking at him walk to the ring and him in the ring waiting to start, you can deffinately tell something was wrong

i think he will give anderson a good fight maybe even take him down and pound him out
Rush
6/19/07 2:44:45PM
I really haven't been all that impressed with Rich Franklin (other than the fight with Loiseau).

I think if Anderson beats Nate, and faces Franklin, I still think Franklin will lose. I don't think it will be in the first round, but I think he will lose by KO/TKO.

chuckw94
6/24/07 12:04:17PM
anderson has gotten way better on the ground since working with big nogueira so i think after he gets past nate he'll beat franklin just as bad if not worse.
CincySaint
6/24/07 12:16:27PM
Dude, you have got to be kidding me? Saying that Franklin is not a threat to the belt.!..It's his belt. Anderson hasn't defended it yet. I think Anderson is obviously the real deal, but to not give Franklin credit is ridiculous. To say his last two performances were unimpressive takes credit away from two very good fighters. Okami and MacDonald are tough competition. Franklin is actually fighting real opponnents on his way back, unlike oh maybe, Hughes. How can't you give a complete mixed martial artist like Franklin his respect?
curran1
6/24/07 10:00:30PM
i think rich has a great shot at beating either anderson or nate. he is a very smart and talented guy and he will make adjustments and come in with a good gameplan either way