Amir by tko/ko 17% (11)
Amir by sub 24% (15)
Amir by decision 2% (1)
CB by tko/ko 11% (7)
CB by sub 0% (0)
CB by decision 46% (29)
nickcuc547
6/19/08 6:47:40AM
i think cb controls a decision, similar to the semi fight except he stays out of the arm bar.
juanez13
6/19/08 6:58:30AM

Posted by nickcuc547

i think cb controls a decision, similar to the semi fight except he stays out of the arm bar.

gartface
6/19/08 7:26:07AM
He had CB hurt in the first round of the semi-final with a liver kick. (maybe a rib kick, couldn't tell). He has however long since the show ended to develop a better sprawl, because he'll destroy CB on the feet. CB better work on his cardio.
Chuteboxer
6/19/08 7:35:34AM
I think if Amir works on takedown defense he'll win by knockout this time around...he had CB hurt several times and didn't charge him trying to finish really..If he's really worked on takedowns he should be able to charge this time with confidence that CB won't be able to stop him from finishing the fight.
moob
6/19/08 7:53:27AM
Both are solid fighters, but I feel Amir has more to offer in terms of variety of technique.

I also reckon he has a decent chin - which he will need - and great cardio.

I see this as a tough fight for both, but Amir winning by decision.
stock
6/19/08 8:44:55AM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by nickcuc547

That's what I was thinking.
ToeZup
6/19/08 9:42:42AM

Posted by Chuteboxer

I think if Amir works on takedown defense he'll win by knockout this time around...he had CB hurt several times and didn't charge him trying to finish really..If he's really worked on takedowns he should be able to charge this time with confidence that CB won't be able to stop him from finishing the fight.

Good call my friend. If Amir can get his takedown defense sharpened he should be good to go. Amir by TKO.
Franklinfan47
6/19/08 10:45:46AM
I say the fight goes the same way as before except Dolloway doesn't gas and get caught and gets the UD.
mkiv9secsupra
6/19/08 10:59:54AM
If Amir learns to not just push forward all the time he isnt going to get taken down everytime and on the feet Amir is probably going to TKO him somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. For CB to be as cocky as he has been he really does quite a few things he needs to seriously work on.
Twenty20Dollars
6/19/08 12:01:05PM
Amir by tko after a knee or Triangle in the 3rd round.
CornishMMA
6/19/08 12:08:29PM

Posted by stock

Posted by juanez13

Posted by nickcuc547

But wouldnt be shocked to see Amir win by sub again or by strikes maybe, CB didnt fight hard enough, i doubt he will make that mistake again, its too much of a fairytle for Amir to win !!! i mean he was 0-0 and 4-0 as an amature!
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
6/19/08 12:20:05PM

Posted by stock

Posted by juanez13

Posted by nickcuc547

Amdrag
6/19/08 12:37:28PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by stock

Posted by juanez13

Posted by nickcuc547

But wouldnt be shocked to see Amir win by sub again or by strikes maybe, CB didnt fight hard enough, i doubt he will make that mistake again, its too much of a fairytle for Amir to win !!! i mean he was 0-0 and 4-0 as an amature!

I also agree lol
Aaronno9
6/19/08 12:40:50PM
CB takes the first round, gasses, then just takes amir down and lnp's his way to a decision. I just hope amirs worked alot on his takedown defence becouse he hurt CB like 4 times in their first fight and i think he can do it again if he keeps the fight on the feet.
Naturaldisaster
6/19/08 1:16:58PM
well based on the way cb looked last night in both fights I dont think he will win. He gasses pretty early in both fights and in his fight with Tim he left his head out there with his hands down and caught a few shots that rocked him and one that dropped him. CB was my pick to win it the whole time, but Im more impressed with Amir than I am with CB. Amir was the underdog during the whole show. I dont think there was one person out there that thought that the kid with no fights at all who doesnt look like much of a fighter would win all his fights and get to the finals. mad Props to amir for workin his ass off and impressin the hell outta me. Amir by round 2 tko
DevonFoxy
6/19/08 1:25:04PM
This will be an interesting fight imo. Could go either way but I think the re-match is going to help CB. I think the gas tank issue is a thing of the past honestly after he gets in their with ACS an trains personally I think we will see the CB who I've seen in his fights pre UFC.

I don't think CB can finish Amir and if he does I'll be shocked because Amir has so much heart even when you think the fights over he pulls something out (see the Harris and Dollaway fight ) I hate to doubt Amir in this fight again but CB pretty much dominated that fight until the arm bar so I think it will be more of the same with more GnP from CB and a lot more gas in his tank at least I hope.

Either way can anyone honestly say their not excited about this fight? Personally I think either way its gonna have a main event feel to it for me anyway and I can't wait!
Twerkwrench
6/19/08 1:45:03PM
i think CB by decision. I seriously don't think i've seen him shoot for a takedown and not get his opponent on their back.
coldchillin
6/19/08 4:04:35PM
CB by a very boring decision. He's going to take Amir down for three straight rounds... it'll look similar to their semi-final fight except I don't think CB will get caught this time.

I hope Amir takes it via a vicious muay thai knee when CB is shooting though.
akhillez
6/19/08 4:47:09PM
Amir needs to have a flying knee prepared when CB shoots for the takedown. If Amir can't keep the fight on the feet, he will lose a decision, because I don't think CB will get caught again with a sub.
prozacnation1978
6/19/08 5:00:00PM
i was suprised amir one the first time, i doubt he will do it again, i see cb by decision
but both these guys will be great in the ufc
keith-hackney1
6/19/08 5:50:05PM
Amir with no MMA record seems to be the toughest SOB in that show, Fair ******* play to him, he's in the final.
bls1919
6/19/08 5:59:38PM
Takedown defense is all Amir needs to practice for this fight. I see CB getting him down and then getting caught again. If Amir can stay standing and not rush in he has a good chance of catching him and getting a TKO
NatedawgThaM
6/19/08 10:00:42PM
I think just like the first fight, THIS FIGHT WILL BE SICK! But even better!!!

But I think CB learned from his mistake and will eek out a decision win. Amir I believe is too tough for him to stop and CB isn't good enough with submissions to sub him in all honesty. Hopefully he works on that gas tank though.,..
GrizzlyChadams
6/19/08 10:45:51PM
Amir knows first hand CB's wrestling abilities. Their is no way he isn't training for the take downs and thats exactly why i don't think the second fight is going to go the same way. He'll be prepared for the take downs, and punish CB every time he shoots for one.
DevonFoxy
6/19/08 11:40:05PM

Posted by GrizzlyChadams

Amir knows first hand CB's wrestling abilities. Their is no way he isn't training for the take downs and thats exactly why i don't think the second fight is going to go the same way. He'll be prepared for the take downs, and punish CB every time he shoots for one.

I know what your mean but thats much easier to say than do. Guys know that Josh Koscheck is going to try and take you down but only one person could stop him effectively. Nothing can replace years of wrestling experience and a couple of months training strictly takedown D is going to make up for CB's wrestling.

I think Amir knows at some point in time he'll be fighting off his back and should and will be training for another submission win.
Combmosove
6/20/08 12:22:36AM
CB UD WRITE THAT DOWN MOFO
CornishMMA
6/20/08 8:09:31AM
this thread is a total tuf fight spoiler yet moob is happily posting in it?!? wtf?
moob
6/20/08 8:29:52AM

Posted by CornishMMA

this thread is a total tuf fight spoiler yet moob is happily posting in it?!? wtf?

1/ I didn't look at the date the thread was made.

2/ Amir fought CB in the semi-final so I was under the impression it was about that fight.

3/ Stop stalking me you freak.
Ben_Hutch
6/20/08 8:58:45AM

Posted by CornishMMA

Shut up.
CornishMMA
6/20/08 9:46:41AM
Take your own advice Ben cos WTF are you saying???!!?? you are happy for this thread to be here despite crying about the jesse spoiler thread? like i said WTF!

Posted by moob

Posted by CornishMMA

1/ I didn't look at the date the thread was made.

2/ Amir fought CB in the semi-final so I was under the impression it was about that fight.

3/ Stop stalking me you freak.

1/ Then you didnt read ANY posts before posting yourself? bit of selective post reading going on here!?

2/ Yes well only if you somewhat ignorantly didnt read any of the 1st posts in the thread

3/ Hilarious! Given the fact i was actually posting here to alert the TS or mods it was a spoiler thread. zephead said he would find them all but obviously misses this one which doesnt have spoiler in the title and gives away the last episodes fight results! I found it odd you had no problem with it and didnt think of you assuming they meant the semi final after it happened
Pages: [1] 2