Amir the iron jawed warrior

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Amir the iron jawed warrior
MoJoy
6/22/08 2:02:50PM
My being Persian I am partial to this guy. But really the way he comes across I think everyone should be a fan of him. He's honest, funny, intelligent and an amazing fighter. From the beginning of the show i figured CB to win, and I saw Amir as a darkhorse. But he did better than I thought, and truly deserved the win. How do you guys see his MMA prospects from here.
Twenty20Dollars
6/22/08 2:12:41PM
he reminds me of forrest. i mean once he gets to full time training with a good camp and gets his game solid, i see him being an exciting fighter like forrest for the MW division. He has a good guard IMO.
MoJoy
6/22/08 2:55:41PM
He seems to be a great overall fighter. The only thing I suggest with him is the speed of his strikes need to improve. But the variety of his strikes is great, incredible push kick, attacks the body, then the head, has an amazing ability to get up after being taken down by elite wreslters. Simply one on the hardest things to do in fighting is get up when taken down. He has mastered that. Beautiful jujitsu. This guy has got it all. I'd like to see him in there with a Jorje Rivera,Patrick Day,Patrick Cote type.
dannyfrank
6/22/08 3:03:35PM
at the beginning of the season i made the mistake of saying that none of the fighters impressed me. however, i have gained so much respect for amir and i think he can do great things in the UFC and for the sport in general
Raykill
6/22/08 3:16:14PM
Amir is awesome. Did not expect this out of him. Look forward to watching his career unfold.
juanez13
6/22/08 3:19:49PM
Amir has looked good, and he looks to have a good future in the UFC, well rounded fighter...good stand up/Jits.....

The only problems i see him having is against good/powerful strikers...because the only area where he is lacking is wrestling, which typically guys of his body type dont have (Ex. A.Silva)......i think someone like Drew Mcfedries are the guys that he is going to have the most trouble with.
keith-hackney1
6/22/08 3:28:03PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

he reminds me of forrest. i mean once he gets to full time training with a good camp and gets his game solid, i see him being an exciting fighter like forrest for the MW division. He has a good guard IMO.

I bet he goes and trains with forrest at Randy's gym too, he'll be an extreme couture fighter !!
MoJoy
6/22/08 10:32:21PM
Much different from the other guys on the show. Notice you did not see him doing any of the stupid stuff, but he still was cool in his own way. Sometimes your cooler when you can be a personality in your way. They aint no choir boys but I bet most succesful MMA fighters are not out there getting drunk all the time.
MoJoy
6/26/08 1:35:06AM
Who should he be fighting next? There is a dilemma here. He's very green and has a way to go in his process. But people you think of as cans in the ufc are not really cans. Those same guys would be fighting to take belts in other organizations. So what fighters does Amir face to make a quality fight but be fair to him in his developing stage?
Pookie
6/26/08 1:39:15AM

Posted by MoJoy
Beautiful jujitsu.

for him its sambo
Mayhem13
6/26/08 1:51:40AM
Amir vs J-Rock?? or maybe Matt Arroyo?? or Troy Mandoloniz??

anyways.I am an Amir fan for life..dude is super cool..

HOLLA FOR SADOLLAH!!
MoJoy
6/26/08 2:24:31AM
Come on Bro are all those guys you mentioned are welterweights. If you feel that way about it, then go to my other Amir thread and post that he should be a welterweight. I think he should. By the way, we may have just found a nickname for him. Amir Holla for Sadollah.
MoJoy
6/27/08 12:24:51AM
So your Joe Silva. And you get to pick fights. Who are you putting up against Amir?
Kpro
6/27/08 12:46:37AM

Posted by MoJoy

So your Joe Silva. And you get to pick fights. Who are you putting up against Amir?

If we avoid guys he was in the current season with, maybe Belcher.
MoJoy
6/27/08 1:11:44AM
Great pick.