AMIR

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » AMIR
DiabloFreak56
6/18/08 10:31:50PM
PULLED IT OFF WITH THE ARM-BAR IN THE THIRD ROUND. YES I HATE CB AND AMIR PULLED IT OFF.

but in all seriousness i have to give my respect to cb for controling that whole fight until that point. but seriously

YES! AMIR!
holt8081
6/18/08 10:34:05PM
i would say that CB looked like crap in that fight.
dannyfrank
6/18/08 10:45:35PM

Posted by holt8081

i would say that CB looked like crap in that fight.

but i was so f-ing happy when amir won. i was jumping up and down like "HELL YEAH!!"
backalley101
6/18/08 11:09:25PM
He got one thing you just can't teach and that is heart.
Twenty20Dollars
6/18/08 11:11:22PM
yeah CB looked like total shit(which is good, because i dont like CB), but gotta love the underdog amir, amazing.
RandyCouture
6/18/08 11:17:40PM
did anybody else get 50 5 hour energy commericals off topic me and my friend r joking cause we can say that whole commercial by heart.
Aaronno9
6/18/08 11:32:22PM
All i know is CB had better of used this time to sort his gass tank out, becouse i really think amir will knock him out in the finale if he gasses again like i think he did in the last two fights. Hopefully amirs been at a top camp sharpening his skills to, mabeys he might of went to extreme to train with forrest? Ill still most likely pick CB by UD, but it should be a good fight.
Mayhem13
6/19/08 12:05:40AM
I am officially going to say this:

WAR AMIR

Franklinfan47
6/19/08 12:19:19AM
For a dude whose record is 0-0, Amir's really impressed me in this competition. That armbar was lightning fast.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
6/19/08 12:20:31AM
If you told me after the first show that amir would beat cb and make it to the finals i would tell you your crazy. He has been very impressive. his guard if good and he out struck cb on the feet. IMO cb will win the rematch though . IMO He was clearly winning up to that sub. He had some good ground and pound had amir busted up. The layoff should improve cb's gastank.
Either way we will see both of them fight in the ufc again.
Gipper
6/19/08 4:57:33AM
amir impressed me by far the most. he made a fan out of me thats for sure. he improved a shit load from the start of the show to the finish. i would imagine he's gotten even better since. anybody know where he trained for the finale this weekend.
scoozna
6/19/08 8:53:15AM

Posted by Aaronno9

All i know is CB had better of used this time to sort his gass tank out, becouse i really think amir will knock him out in the finale if he gasses again like i think he did in the last two fights.

It definitely seemed that CB gassed by half-way through the second round. I doubt he can improve it that much by the finale.

CB seemed like he had a lot of power in his punches, but they all seemed to be looping hooks. With both CB and Amir studying each other's vids we should have a great rematch.
bigbubbano23
6/19/08 9:43:08AM
cb gassed and then just layed and prayed. iam just throwing this out there so don't get pissed but if cb wins the show then i might consider it riged.
Chuteboxer
6/19/08 10:39:30AM
Amir has made me a fan as well; it's hard not to respect a guy who went through the house without any professional fights and won all four rounds in the tournament, shooting him into the finals....it's incredible.
Franklinfan47
6/19/08 10:43:00AM

Posted by bigbubbano23

cb gassed and then just layed and prayed. iam just throwing this out there so don't get pissed but if cb wins the show then i might consider it riged.

I wouldn't go that far. Lets be honest, CB was dominating the fight till he got caught. I wouldn't go as far as to call it lucky, but you could definately see how CB could have beaten Amir if it had lasted a few minutes longer.
pv3Hpv3p
6/19/08 11:09:14AM
I haven't been watching this season too religiously (but I'm hoping to catch up on sat when they play that marathon before the finale)...

With that being said, I was very impressed with Amir... From what I'd heard CB was the guy to beat on the show... I know it's already been said on here, but how f'n impressive for a guy with no pro fights to show that kinda poise in the cage??? His standup looked decent, and he looks like he's got a stellar ground game... He can take a shot, and I don't think anyone can question his heart... Overall a great fight, and a great young talent for he UFC to develope
teddythetuna
6/19/08 11:41:02AM
Amir by 3rd rnd tko. CB is gonna gas and this time amir wont be clinching giving cb the opportunity to take him down. Even though i think they did the only fair thing they could do i still think amir got the crap end of the stick. He beat the top pick on the show only to have to fight him again.
bullettdodger
6/19/08 2:05:35PM

Posted by teddythetuna

Amir by 3rd rnd tko. CB is gonna gas and this time amir wont be clinching giving cb the opportunity to take him down. Even though i think they did the only fair thing they could do i still think amir got the crap end of the stick. He beat the top pick on the show only to have to fight him again.

I couldn't agree more, it makes his earlier victory a bit hollow, still a stellar performance from Amir, i knew he was going to beat CB, now i can only hope that he can do it again. War AMIR
fedorwins1
6/19/08 3:01:34PM

Posted by Gipper

amir impressed me by far the most. he made a fan out of me thats for sure. he improved a shit load from the start of the show to the finish. i would imagine he's gotten even better since. anybody know where he trained for the finale this weekend.

He's been training at Xtreme Couture with Forrest. I think Amir will win again, CB gasses so easily because he puts everything into every punch he throws. I think CB will gas again and Amir will pull out the W.
Ben_Hutch
6/19/08 3:51:18PM
Thanks for the spoiler guys.

Don't worry though, it's not as though theres a seperate forum for spoilers.
pv3Hpv3p
6/19/08 5:53:38PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

C'mon man lighten up... It's not like it was a japanese/european PPV that only a select few could watch... It's on cable tv and aired at any restaurant or bar with a TV across the US... Don't be a Debbie Downer, it was a great fight, you should watch it!
MMA
6/19/08 5:58:48PM
I've been on the bandwagon very early on and I'm hoping for another upset come Saturday.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
6/20/08 1:26:24AM
Amir beat the four best guys in the house.

Steve Byrnes, Gerald Harris, Matt Brown, and CB Dollaway

Heck if I were to list who i thought were the best guys on this season of tough it would look like this:

1. Amir
2. CB
3. Byrnes
4. Harris
5. Brown
6. Creuder
7. Taylor
8. Riddle
9. Kramer
10-32 (blah)

Amir being number 1 best 2-5...FREAKIN AMAZING!

Also, sucks for Brynes.
CornishMMA
6/20/08 7:39:15AM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Q: But this has a non spoiler title so why would you click this thread and read it to find out the spoiler?

A: Some ppl love to complain

Yeah poor Byrnes really drew the short straw getting Amir in the 1st fight

"loser gets a haircut"