American Gladiators Season 2

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » American Gladiators Season 2
DCRage
5/13/08 9:54:22AM
I thought there was another AG thread here, but couldn't find it...anyway, season 2 premiered last night, didn't watch it all but I was happy after the first 30 minutes or so. Gina's still got it big time between what looked like a rear naked choke takedown on Pyramid and doing what she does best-Joust. Those poor contenders didn't have a chance against her, still unbeaten up there.
Raykill
5/13/08 11:56:11AM
I have to say that I hate that she's on that show. I dont much like the show as it is, and I feel like she sold out. She is an awesome fighter. I am happy that it looks like she has a fight coming up so I feel a little better.
bullettdodger
5/13/08 12:09:52PM
duuuude i watched AG as a kid, if anything is nostalgic.. WOLF is da bomb (in a truly lame way... i mean i just crack up whenever anyone starts trying to pass off the scripted dialog as their own.... just sounds robotic) "AWHOOOOOOO" lol Anyway as for Gina i say props to her, fighters don't get paid enough as it is for putting their physical well being in to harms way. Im glad she has found a source of income that allows her to do what she likes (being active) and doesn't involve another chick trying to put her down. The best part is she has a fight coming up, so she isn't trying to get out of the fight game... WAR American Gladiators... it may be stupid... but legitamitly is NBC's show with the highest raitings.. well as of the first season (though that was mostly due to the writers strike).
DCRage
5/13/08 12:47:35PM
I just read the overnight ratings for last night's show...TKO'd. It did a pathetic 2.9 rating, or about 5 million viewers. Probably didn't help that it was up against the usual Monday ratings draws-Dancing With The Stars and House plus the CBS sitcoms. Might make NBC re-think it's commitment to the show (likely at least a 3rd season next summer for starters).
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/13/08 12:51:41PM
i swear i never miss an episode, bc me & my gf ( who loves Gina) like watching her tool all the competitors.

i lovee watching them try to get past her on the pyramid & seeing her tackle normal people. makes me feel tingly inside
IriShame
5/13/08 1:18:55PM
Hottest chick ever.
bullettdodger
5/13/08 1:21:24PM

Posted by DCRage

I just read the overnight ratings for last night's show...TKO'd. It did a pathetic 2.9 rating, or about 5 million viewers. Probably didn't help that it was up against the usual Monday ratings draws-Dancing With The Stars and House plus the CBS sitcoms. Might make NBC re-think it's commitment to the show (likely at least a 3rd season next summer for starters).

I wouldn't be surprised if they did DC, its got camp value and Gina.. thats about it as far as draws for audience is concerned.. i was watching house last night.. well i tivo'd house and played GTA but the point still stand, i just don't think it will be able to compete with the likes of 24 when that finally comes back.. i suppose that NBC does still have HEROS waiting in the wings so we'll see that they do.
Raykill
5/13/08 3:29:51PM

Posted by bullettdodger

duuuude i watched AG as a kid, if anything is nostalgic.. WOLF is da bomb (in a truly lame way... i mean i just crack up whenever anyone starts trying to pass off the scripted dialog as their own.... just sounds robotic) "AWHOOOOOOO" lol Anyway as for Gina i say props to her, fighters don't get paid enough as it is for putting their physical well being in to harms way. Im glad she has found a source of income that allows her to do what she likes (being active) and doesn't involve another chick trying to put her down. The best part is she has a fight coming up, so she isn't trying to get out of the fight game... WAR American Gladiators... it may be stupid... but legitamitly is NBC's show with the highest raitings.. well as of the first season (though that was mostly due to the writers strike).

Well in that aspect I agree, but I can get nostalgic watching the old ones on ESPN classic. The new show just doesnt do it for me. Not when I can watch to guys in a cage knock eachs other teeth out.
Jipper
5/13/08 4:33:46PM
I shamefully admit I watch and like the show. Not just for Carano.
tberg420
5/13/08 6:48:11PM

Posted by Raykill

I have to say that I hate that she's on that show. I dont much like the show as it is, and I feel like she sold out. She is an awesome fighter. I am happy that it looks like she has a fight coming up so I feel a little better.

I'm sure that Gina cares that you think she sold out. What is a sell out? Doing something to get yourself more exposure? You hate the show and that's cool and everything but don't call someone a sell out because they are making themselves more successful. As far as the ratings go..For American Gladiators to be successful they need to have a show like Chuck or Heroes behind it because people will watch it then. They had some competition from the NBA Playoffs as well.
murphy_16
5/13/08 9:42:17PM
oh dam missed it i didnt know

and i definetely like the old ones alot better used to be one of my fav shows
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/14/08 7:10:38AM
meh, it ain't bad. Not a show that i'll never miss but if it's on and nothing else is going on i'll take a look. and the new eliminator is kinda cool
Bemin
5/14/08 4:15:04PM
I have it set up on my DVR and enjoy watching Gina lay the smack down. That new Gladiator Phoenix looked pretty damn hot too.
holt8081
5/15/08 1:15:37AM

Posted by tberg420

Posted by Raykill

I'm sure that Gina cares that you think she sold out. What is a sell out? Doing something to get yourself more exposure? You hate the show and that's cool and everything but don't call someone a sell out because they are making themselves more successful. As far as the ratings go..For American Gladiators to be successful they need to have a show like Chuck or Heroes behind it because people will watch it then. They had some competition from the NBA Playoffs as well.

Yaahh Raykill take that, know when all those AG fans find out she is fighting on CBS they will tune in to watch her do what she do best, Kick some ass and look good doing it
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
5/15/08 2:34:41AM
I think the show is staged myself. That obstacle course looks way too easy to be giving those contestants as much trouble as it does. Plus the following situation has happened a coupld of times: One constant is ahead by up to a minute. Gets to the incline tredmill, and then just hangs there until the other constent catches up. Then they go toe to toe through the finish.

Plus, Aaron Simpson will be a constent this season...if he has any trouble at all, then you know the show is fake.

BTW-I use to work out with Hollywood Yates. He's a pussy. There use to be a wrestling mat in the gym...despite him outweighing me by 50 pounds I'd just demolish him...he'd cry.

EDIT: Hollywood Yates is the nickname Wolf goes by.
Raykill
5/15/08 3:38:16PM

Posted by tberg420

Posted by Raykill

I guess I just have a problem seeing a real fighter that I like standing next to the likes of Hulk Hogan