American Gladiators...

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » American Gladiators...
Next Page »
emfleek
1/6/08 10:47:42PM
...sucks donkey schlong.

It took me about 5 minutes to determine that it's very annoying.

The contestants talk WAAAAAY too much. It's the first episode and all so I'll give it another shot. But damn...it's bad.
tuvok500
1/6/08 10:51:03PM
What were you expecting ??

it is the same kind of stuff that Pro vs Loe but the event are easier !!

the contenders are talking because they told them to do it !!

kevietre
1/6/08 10:54:00PM
Nothing could be as good as the original. I tuned in briefly and I wasn't even that entertained. The commentary sucks and the Gladiators are just lame and barely intimidating. That samoan guy is crazy but he made me and my friends laugh.
emfleek
1/6/08 10:56:29PM

Posted by tuvok500

What were you expecting ??

it is the same kind of stuff that Pro vs Loe but the event are easier !!

the contenders are talking because they told them to do it !!

I was expecting less talk from competitors, for one.

Over-production sucks.
hotrodttt
1/6/08 11:21:52PM
I'm going to watch the I Love New York Reunion Show, I'll watch it next week just because Gina Carano is on it
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
bullettdodger
1/7/08 3:25:58AM

Posted by hotrodttt

I'm going to watch the I Love New York Reunion Show, I'll watch it next week just because Gina Carano is on it

Gina Carano
thanks for giving me a reason to tune in to i love new york
Trapt1nw0nder
1/7/08 6:47:33AM
Gina Carano was the only reason i watched the whole thing,and why i will prolly watch it from now on......DVR Style.

I liked the little clip of Gina beating the crap out of this girl on that stage(you know the one where they're standing on a 3 foot wide platform and beating eachother with 6 foot long Q tips)...well its gonna be on the next episode,soo...cant wait
hippysmacker
1/7/08 7:38:21AM
Watched it live at my bros. Will have to agree that this needs to be Tivoed ,or not watched. If I can fast forward through all the cheese I think I will enjoy it more.
DCRage
1/7/08 8:03:06AM
I'm hoping it shows up on iTunes in the next couple days, I'll gladly pay $10-12 to download the entire series and watch it commercial free. I want to see that Samoan Gladiator, he's the cousin of Dwayne Johnson (formerly known as The Rock).
Kracker_Jap
1/7/08 9:41:53AM
I put the show on Tivo and loved it!

If you guys would have watch you could have seen Gina (Crush) put her girl into gaurd and roll her down the padded pyramid thing it was awsome!!!!!

The Joist match with Gina was good too on the second match she kind of got her ass kicked

Crush was the best gladiator of the night

Plues I learned the NY firefighters are better than Cali skateboarders
candynuts
1/7/08 10:34:02AM
My favorite part of the show was when I deleted it to open up some room on my TiVo.
emfleek
1/7/08 11:10:45AM
Oh...and the hosts suck too.

Hogan and Ali, both. I'm convinced Ali has a penis.
rabbit915
1/7/08 11:21:50AM
Tivo was the way to watch it. I watched long enough to get the gist of the personalities so i knew who to cheer for and then skipped through everything but the events.

Gina Carano kind of looks like a contestant compared to some of the gladiators.
cowcatcher
1/7/08 11:53:50AM
i cracked up the whole time i watched it, hogan would ask the contenders a question then eyeball the camera and start flexing like he wasnt interested iin what they were saying at all. after the women did an event he said something to the effect of now its going to get good the men are up. that wolf guy got old quick, and so did the douche that tried to get on 14 years ago. the spider monkey thing got old too, but the replacement girl(venus?) had hard nips the whole time so it wasnt a total waste
rabbit915
1/7/08 1:08:06PM
Oh just remembered this. Did anyone notice how the women in the first episode were so tired during the eliminator. The girls on the second show ran it in almost half the time. What was up with that?
Leland
1/7/08 3:24:04PM
Fell asleep before I saw Gina lol. Pretty corny if you ask me. I think one reason I didnt like it is because I wasnt 12 like I was when i watched the original. But hey maybe thats just me
DCRage
1/7/08 4:34:28PM
I guess I"ll have to wait another day or so before it maybe shows up on iTunes, already read what happened last night. Planning to watch tonight since it's on before I usually call it a night. (I'll download the BCS Title Game tomorrow, $2.99 on iTunes and no commercials)
cowcatcher
1/7/08 4:38:36PM
you working for itunes now rage?
Leland
1/7/08 4:39:10PM
I was thinkin the same Mr. cowcatcher
DCRage
1/7/08 5:07:54PM

Posted by cowcatcher

you working for itunes now rage?

Haha, I wish I was. But I do download a lot of TV Shows from them, it's faster and cheaper than waiting for DVDs (no bonus content or features but I can live without it), video quality's good, and the best part-no commercials! I'd get some from Amazon but theirs won't work with iPod and I don't think I have enough RAM on my PC for their video player.
SpiderSilva
1/7/08 11:01:32PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

I put the show on Tivo and loved it!

If you guys would have watch you could have seen Gina (Crush) put her girl into gaurd and roll her down the padded pyramid thing it was awsome!!!!!

The Joist match with Gina was good too on the second match she kind of got her ass kicked

Crush was the best gladiator of the night

Plues I learned the NY firefighters are better than Cali skateboarders

I wouldnt mind being in Ginas Guard
DCRage
1/8/08 7:54:22AM
Decent show overall. Hogan was trying to hard to play his old character, Ali was fine but didn't get enough work. Gina's MMA GNP beatdown in Joust easily was the highlight of the night, I absolutely loved it. Otherwise it had its good and bad moments.
ncordless
1/8/08 12:12:13PM
After watching part of an episode I have to say that if the writers don't get their contract soon and get some mildy decent crap on the TV soon I am going to have to toss my TV. Every second I listened to Ali and Hulk talk I felt myself becoming dumber. A commentating team of Mike and Bill Goldberg would have had more insightful things to say. The Gladiators looked like pro-wrestling flunkies. The set looked like they had hired the guy from "Who Wants to be a Millionaire." They spent so much time interviewing the contestants that I would sometimes forget what I was watching and think I was still watching the Fox News Republican debate. The entire show is flawed in my opinion, and will never capture the spirit of the original. I might try to give it one more shot to see if they get it down better, but from what I saw so far I'd rather try to hold my breath for an hour than watch AG. It would be more interesting and harmful on my mind.
Pitbull09
1/8/08 6:11:40PM
Didnt anyone see the chick bleeding from the forehead? Im glad its back but I didnt expect much entertainment past 3 episodes
d_block07
1/8/08 11:24:04PM
Wolf is the man
KYGUY07
1/9/08 8:50:10AM
the show used to be awesome but the new show seems way to scripted
D0wnUnd6e6r
1/9/08 10:39:57AM
that one lady gladiator crush....F*CCCCCKING HOT
cowcatcher
1/9/08 10:46:18AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

thats gina carrano buddy, and yes f'n hot is right
mrsmiley
1/9/08 11:14:06AM
From this it seemed pretty funny

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LSSJdEuT0p8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LSSJdEuT0p8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
D0wnUnd6e6r
1/9/08 12:22:29PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

thats gina carrano buddy, and yes f'n hot is right

oh... lol well gotta learn to read the posts before replying
Pages: [1] 2