The Amazing Spider-Man

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Amazing Spider-Man
ChrisSabal
7/2/12 3:10:44PM
I will be seeing it at midnight tonight and I will post what I think about it later. I am hoping not to be disappointed.
State_Champ
7/2/12 3:13:24PM
I don't think you will be.
ChrisSabal
7/2/12 3:19:01PM

Posted by State_Champ

thought the same thing about Prometheus though.
frizzzlecake
7/2/12 3:21:52PM
I got the movie all figured out:
Chael_Sonnen
7/2/12 3:24:51PM
The Lizard is gonna smush the itsy-bitsy spider

Dr. Curt Connors is a HUGE Chael Sonnen fan
State_Champ
7/2/12 3:26:11PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

Posted by State_Champ

thought the same thing about Prometheus though.

No, I did not.
ghandikush
7/2/12 4:18:44PM
If you are a manly man CG nut then go watch a Zac Efron ripoff pretty boy use a ton of special effects....

Honestly if I am going that shallow I am going to see the movie I saw last night, Abraham Lincoln muthafuckin vampire hunter!!!

At least I can take that one seriously ;)

pmoney
7/2/12 5:15:53PM
I haven't seen any of the Spider-Man movies, and I don't foresee myself going to this one. I don't know why that is either. I'm hella down for Spider Man. I'm hella down for Marvel Comics in general. I've seen X-Men 1-3 and Thor which were awesome....

Are the Spider-Man movies good?
frizzzlecake
7/2/12 5:40:16PM
Pmoney- Spiderman 1 is a great movie one of Marvels best.imo Spiderman two was good. Spiderman three...well......just.....nooooo.

I'll see this movie in the cheap seats for Emma Stone....
pmoney
7/2/12 6:15:09PM
Frizzle- I may have to go back and watch those, maybe catch this one when it hits the dollar theater
FastKnockout
7/2/12 7:38:22PM
Just remember, the blonde isn't Mary Jane and this isn't the same version of Spider-Man as the other films.
ghandikush
7/2/12 9:45:51PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Just remember, the blonde isn't Mary Jane and this isn't the same version of Spider-Man as the other films.

Yeah those dont exist, only these ones exist..... 4 years after the last trilogy ended???
ChrisSabal
7/2/12 11:18:35PM

Posted by ghandikush

If you are a manly man CG nut then go watch a Zac Efron ripoff pretty boy use a ton of special effects....

Honestly if I am going that shallow I am going to see the movie I saw last night, Abraham Lincoln muthafuckin vampire hunter!!!

Zac Efron rip off is a really bad comparison considering Andrew Garfield has talent.
pmoney
7/3/12 12:07:37AM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by FastKnockout

Yeah those dont exist, only these ones exist..... 4 years after the last trilogy ended???

I was thinking about that. Maybe they are just changing it up because there were (are?) Two different series of Spider-Man comics. The Amazing Spider-Man was the original, but I forget what the other series were named...

That's the beauty of doing movies and TV based on comics though, the well from which you can draw is historically pretty deep.
Bubbles
7/3/12 12:13:43AM

Posted by pmoney

I haven't seen any of the Spider-Man movies, and I don't foresee myself going to this one. I don't know why that is either. I'm hella down for Spider Man. I'm hella down for Marvel Comics in general. I've seen X-Men 1-3 and Thor which were awesome....

Are the Spider-Man movies good?

like frizzle said, the first one was really good, 2nd was decent and 3rd was disappointing to say the least.

this new series appears to follow more of the comic story line (I didn't know Parker had a girlfriend prior to MJ until this trailer came out) and seems to be darker as opposed to being centered around a love story. Plus he has to make his own webbing (which I knew from watching the cartoon series) as opposed to having it part of his DNA
ghandikush
7/3/12 12:14:48AM

Posted by ChrisSabal

Posted by ghandikush

Zac Efron rip off is a really bad comparison considering Andrew Garfield has talent.

lol I only meant in style and appeal.
ChrisSabal
7/3/12 4:21:47AM
well I am back from the mid-night Spider-Man and I would be happy to say that I was pleased with the movie.

I didn't see it in IMAX or 3D but I could say that I could imagine how awesome it would look. This movie was shot for 3D, they didn't add in the shitty 3D later like most movies do to make money.

Yes, Andrew Garfield is the pretty boy playing what is supposed to be a nerdy spider-man. I get that that bothers people and it bothered me too but it didn't kill the movie.

Yes, Spider-Man is cocky and a sarcastic prick in this movie and I loved every second of it. I love the witty Spider-Man, that is the Spider-Man that is the most fun and they brought him in this Spider-Man and I enjoyed every second of it.

Is it better than The Avengers? For me yes. For me The Avengers was very over hyped. Yeah The Avengers was fun but it was fun for about 40 minutes and wasn't a very good movie. Good action movie? Well yeah of course it was but a good movie? Eh not really. The Amazing Spider-Man is fun and dramatic through out. It is a very fun action movie and it is a pretty good movie. The chemistry between Garfield and Stone was great and you believed they could be a real couple and Stone wasn't an over dramatic useless girl like girls are usually portrayed in most movies now a days.

Is it better than Raimi's Spider-Man? For right now I would say yes. Spider-Man 3 left a terrible taste in my mouth so maybe I am a little bias on the issue but yes I like Webb's Spider-Man better for now.

Overall I'd give the film an entertainment value of 9. As for a movie I'd give it an 8/10.

Yes there is a scene during the credits.
Adrenaline
7/3/12 4:55:26AM

Posted by ChrisSabal

well I am back from the mid-night Spider-Man and I would be happy to say that I was pleased with the movie.

I didn't see it in IMAX or 3D but I could say that I could imagine how awesome it would look. This movie was shot for 3D, they didn't add in the shitty 3D later like most movies do to make money.

Yes, Andrew Garfield is the pretty boy playing what is supposed to be a nerdy spider-man. I get that that bothers people and it bothered me too but it didn't kill the movie.

Yes, Spider-Man is cocky and a sarcastic prick in this movie and I loved every second of it. I love the witty Spider-Man, that is the Spider-Man that is the most fun and they brought him in this Spider-Man and I enjoyed every second of it.

Is it better than The Avengers? For me yes. For me The Avengers was very over hyped. Yeah The Avengers was fun but it was fun for about 40 minutes and wasn't a very good movie. Good action movie? Well yeah of course it was but a good movie? Eh not really. The Amazing Spider-Man is fun and dramatic through out. It is a very fun action movie and it is a pretty good movie. The chemistry between Garfield and Stone was great and you believed they could be a real couple and Stone wasn't an over dramatic useless girl like girls are usually portrayed in most movies now a days.

Is it better than Raimi's Spider-Man? For right now I would say yes. Spider-Man 3 left a terrible taste in my mouth so maybe I am a little bias on the issue but yes I like Webb's Spider-Man better for now.

Overall I'd give the film an entertainment value of 9. As for a movie I'd give it an 8/10.

The real question everyone wants answered is: how was Emma Stone? And do you think she would sleep with me?

Thanks for the review man, I will definitely check it out.

ChrisSabal
7/3/12 12:05:23PM

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by ChrisSabal

The real question everyone wants answered is: how was Emma Stone? And do you think she would sleep with me?

Thanks for the review man, I will definitely check it out.

Emma Stone is

that is all I will say